SARS CoV-2 coronavirus / Covid-19 (No tin foil hat silliness please)

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas

Heres a guide to how you beat the Coronavirus game of the year.
Good video but one big question I have though is - what about all the people who are coming into Singapore who do NOT have a fever. They can still be carriers. It also seems a bit misleading to say the virus can be cured as some kind of certainty - he just said 98% survive not long before it. That may be nitpicking because I know what he means but still.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Rumours swirling that an email is dropping at 4pm telling us to work from home tomorrow, as like a test.

Actually surprised. I'm in Dublin, I was under the impression that we had kept the number of cases on 24 for a while. I guess its in anticipation of it getting worse which obviously it still will.

Fully Fledged

I’m not catholic but don’t the congregation shake hands with each other too?

Maybe religious leaders should take responsibility and tell people to pray in their own homes for now?
I was told by someone who goes that they've stopped shaking hands and giving communion wine. The priest also sanitises his hands before handing out communion as well.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Rumours swirling that an email is dropping at 4pm telling us to work from home tomorrow, as like a test.

Actually surprised. I'm in Dublin, I was under the impression that we had kept the number of cases on 24 for a while. I guess its in anticipation of it getting worse which obviously it still will.
We got a broadcast email from HR yesterday telling us that we need to stay home if we feel even the tiniest bit unwell, reconsider travel plans during March break, and to make arrangements on your return if you do. Also recommended to avoid large gatherings (more than 150 people).

One of my colleagues was just in Curacao. Boss told her to work from home as a precaution.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
We got a broadcast email from HR yesterday telling us that we need to stay home if we feel even the tiniest bit unwell, reconsider travel plans during March break, and to make arrangements on your return if you do.

One of my colleagues was just in Curacao. Boss told her to work from home as a precaution.
Better safe than sorry.

We've had about 5 emails on the matter and honestly it feels like they're about how to keep our clients happy / assured during this time of uncertainty rather than actual advice as to how we can look after ourselves, so this is a welcome change of tone.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Hospital near the Dutch-Belgian border did a random test on 300 employees, none of which had been to a risk area or in contact with someone from those areas. Result: 28 positive cases.

That's pretty crazy.

stepic

our office has done feck all so far. they're just abiding by standard advice, but no advice to work from home or anything. eh.

Godfather

Better safe than sorry.

We've had about 5 emails on the matter and honestly it feels like they're about how to keep our clients happy / assured during this time of uncertainty rather than actual advice as to how we can look after ourselves, so this is a welcome change of tone.
Same here. It's a joke. Turnover is all that counts

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Trying to get my money back from Ryanair is predictably difficult

There reason is:

Flight has not been cancelled or delayed > 3 hours

RonaldoVII

our office has done feck all so far. they're just abiding by standard advice, but no advice to work from home or anything. eh.
Same for ours. No extra hand soap/sanitiser or instruction whatsoever. Most of us could work from home too as we do a few days a month already. Meanwhile people are coughing/sneezing and someone's sister just returned from Japan too...

decorativeed

Pope telling priests to be ‘brave’ and go out and tend to the sick. Great thinking there Einstein, so now you can have your priests spreading that shit everywhere they go. Jesus wept..
It'll be fine. The magical powers they posses to heal the sick will also keep them healthy. I mean, have you ever seen a sickly, frail looking priest?

spiriticon

Hospital near the Dutch-Belgian border did a random test on 300 employees, none of which had been to a risk area or in contact with someone from those areas. Result: 28 positive cases.

That's pretty crazy.
At this point I think the virus becoming endemic is a reality. It will never really go away, like the flu.

stepic

Same for ours. No extra hand soap/sanitiser or instruction whatsoever. Most of us could work from home too as we do a few days a month already. Meanwhile people are coughing/sneezing and someone's sister just returned from Japan too...
i could 100% do my job from home. i'm guessing it will come in place, but they're waiting on more general advice instead of taking any initiative themselves. it's a joke really.

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
It'll be fine. The magical powers they posses to heal the sick will also keep them healthy. I mean, have you ever seen a sickly, frail looking priest?
If you were a practising Catholic and very unwell, you would really want the sacrament of the sick and to be able to make your confession. It's all very well people laughing about religion, but it's very important to some people.

Priests can wear masks and gloves and use hand sanitisers, no-one would expect them to go to see an infected person without those things.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Another reason football should be suspended, imagine teams don't have players because of corona virus and end up losing out because of it. For example, if Bruno Fernandes caught corona virus this would severely impact our chances of CL qualification or if a relegation threatened club caught it they could find themselves in the championship next season.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Another reason football should be suspended, imagine teams don't have players because of corona virus and end up losing out because of it. For example, if Bruno Fernandes caught corona virus this would severely impact our chances of CL qualification or if a relegation threatened club caught it they could find themselves in the championship next season.
It's basically the same as players getting injured, we don't cancel football because of it. There are arguments to cancelling football, most of all the fact that we probably can't realistically keep on allowing people into stadiums which takes away from expensive but I wouldn't say that players getting ill is one of them.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
You got a link for that please?
Only Dutch ones I'm afraid but it's definitely legit, reported by all major outlets. Have to add however that some of them were already showing symptons of a common cold - the hospital opened up test slots for whoever felt unwell, and those 300 employees underwent a test.

Dante

Average bang
Italy, Iran and Spain all have cheek kissing cultures. That's why it's spreading so fast there outside of the originating location(s).

Once it hits South America and North Africa, it's going to hit really hard.

decorativeed

If you were a practising Catholic and very unwell, you would really want the sacrament of the sick and to be able to make your confession. It's all very well people laughing about religion, but it's very important to some people.

Priests can wear masks and gloves and use hand sanitisers, no-one would expect them to go to see an infected person without those things.
Fair enough, I hadn't considered that. I remember now that it was very important to the mother of a friend of mine when she lost someone last year.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Italy, Iran and Spain all have cheek kissing cultures. That's why it's spreading so fast there outside of the originating location(s).

Don't forget France too.

decorativeed

Those affectionate bastards!

diarm

Pope telling priests to be ‘brave’ and go out and tend to the sick. Great thinking there Einstein, so now you can have your priests spreading that shit everywhere they go. Jesus wept..
Sure a good plague is great business for the church.

redshaw

91 cases in London now. Was expecting it to be the epicentre should we not contain it and could well start to take shape soon.

The huge spike in Spain is not making the bbc news, close to 600 new cases in one day has doubled the total and now close to quadrupling the previous day of 149 new cases. These type of jumps for Italy were making the news. With so may UK people going to Spain it should be one of the top stories.

I'd be seriously testing anyone coming in from holiday and ordering them to stay at home while they wait for results

Last edited:

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Better safe than sorry.

True. Downside is I work for a bank (I'm a head office type) and they haven't appeared to take any measures to protect our frontline employees while they are working. Stuff is supposedly in the works but you'd think they'd at least provide gloves or something.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
All schools have been closed in Czech Republic. We have 40 cases here so far (1week spike) No gatherings allowed of more than 100 people. If you have returned from Italy and not gone into quarantine then there is a fine of upto 3m CZK.
It’s what I expect to happen here in Denmark as well. We’ve cancelled fans at sporting events already, so I’m not sure how they’ll keep schools open for much longer.

Bosws87

For all the moaning about the British government seems its relatively under control as far as it can be they might actually know what their doing.

More fun to moan about their incompetence though.