SARS CoV-2 coronavirus / Covid-19 (No tin foil hat silliness please)

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Clearly my neighbour has heard the news so has decided to have lots of people round today. People's inclination to try and beat restrictions rather than use common sense astounds me.

We're in a tier 2 area as well so I'm fairly sure it isn't even allowed under current measures.
Yeah it's no mixing households indoors in T2

Smores

Are you gonna grass them up?
Nah of course not just going to moan about it on here of course :lol:

They're young parents and i get the impression struggling for money so I wouldn't have the heart to dob them in.

rpitchfo

Genuine question

lots of people state an effective track and trace system is the only way out of this madness pending a vaccine.

I just don’t understand how that’s workable with a 90% asymptomatic rate. Most people never know they have it and are spreading it.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
Genuine question

lots of people state an effective track and trace system is the only way out of this madness pending a vaccine.

I just don’t understand how that’s workable with a 90% asymptomatic rate. Most people never know they have it and are spreading it.
Save testing absolutely everyone, there is no sure fire way to pin down every case. That has been the problem with this virus from the very beginning.

Bwuk

Think it’ll be hard to enforce actually. Nowhere near enough police to deal with the lockdown and I think the majority of people rightly or wrongly don’t care.

I would imagine here in Scotland we will follow suit with England relatively soon.

Godfather

Lockdown in Austria as well starting with Tuesday. Well apart from schools and Kindergarten. Which makes the whole thing a tad ridiculous as kids are a massive factor for spreading the virus.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Nah of course not just going to moan about it on here of course :lol:

They're young parents and i get the impression struggling for money so I wouldn't have the heart to dob them in.
:lol:

I was talking to mates about this earlier and they were saying that there are apparently incentives in place for people to dob in their non compliant neighbours. Not sure whether that’s nonsense or not.

Edit: Not saying you should grass them up btw. I’d probably be inclined to do the same as you and just post about it on here!

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Think it’ll be hard to enforce actually. Nowhere near enough police to deal with the lockdown and I think the majority of people rightly or wrongly don’t care.

I would imagine here in Scotland we will follow suit with England relatively soon.
Yep, thinking this too. The narrative around the first was guided around the NHS and it led to a more sustained effort but it's not been on the radar for a while. I expect a significant backlash here.

Last edited:

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Genuine question

Where's the question ?

Riz

Was hoping that gyms would be classed as essential given the benefit to mental and physical health, especially considering we’re heading into winter and the exercise options that were taken up in spring outside won’t be as popular or possible.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"

looks like @Jippy got away just in time
Got to be done, probably should have been done earlier.

Imagine they're hoping there's a big improvement by 2/12 and Christmas expenditure isn't hugely impacted.

Grim. Just ticking off the days and hoping improvement come Spring

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat

What makes you think it’s the majority that don’t care? It’s a shame we have a population that would need such policing during a lockdown.

There is a reason we’re all making these sacrifices, it’s happening all over Europe.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
Was hoping that gyms would be classed as essential given the benefit to mental and physical health, especially considering we’re heading into winter and the exercise options that were taken up in spring outside won’t be as popular or possible.
I think you’ll still be allowed to go for a run/walk. Just wrap up warm!

Volumiza

It’s amazing isn’t it. The ineptitude at this point isn’t even funny, it’s costing lives by the thousands.
It’s easy to blame those in charge but while I agree that these decisions could cost lives, you also have to understand that for every voice shouting in Boris’s ear concerning lives, there are just as many shouting about the economy and livelihoods. It can’t be easy and as far as I can see most leaders are struggling also. It must be like trying to hold water.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Are hairdressing 'non essential'? Otherwise there will be massive rush for short back and sides all over the nation!

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
What makes you think it’s the majority that don’t care? It’s a shame we have a population that would need such policing during a lockdown.

There is a reason we’re all making these sacrifices, it’s happening all over Europe.
The situation isn't as equal as you imply. For some, this entire situation has had a massive impact on personal wellbeing and finances. Asking them to lockdown and be okay with it... well it isn't that simple.

As an example, what becomes of the people who became unemployed as a result of this situation. Do we just ask them nicely to bide their time because the country is shutting down again?

Riz

Are hairdressing 'non essential'? Otherwise there will be massive rush for short back and sides all over the nation!
I’ll be going tomorrow for sure! :lol:

Sounds like the only difference to lockdown 1.0 will be that educational institutions stay open - which considering that data shows them to be breeding grounds is quite strange. Supermarkets, pharmacies, takeaways to stay open. Everything else to shut.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I’ll be going tomorrow for sure! :lol:

Sounds like the only difference to lockdown 1.0 will be that educational institutions stay open - which considering that data shows them to be breeding grounds is quite strange. Supermarkets, pharmacies, takeaways to stay open. Everything else to shut.
No Eat Out to Help Out?! :( :houllier:

But PL football is still OK right?

Volumiza

The situation isn't as equal as you imply. For some, this entire situation has had a massive impact on personal wellbeing and finances. Asking them to lockdown and be okay with it... well it isn't that simple.

As an example, what becomes of the people who became unemployed as a result of this situation. Do we just ask them nicely to bide their time because the country is shutting down again?
I didn’t actually imply anything, just wondered why you think the majority wouldn’t support a lockdown.

And nor did I say it was easy, quite the opposite. I certainly don’t envy the PM at this time.

Riz

No Eat Out to Help Out?! :( :houllier:

But PL football is still OK right?
Not sure about football to be honest? I guess with the athlete bubbles and testing frequency that the league has in place they might be allowed to continue.

Wolverine

My wife got me into that Joe Wicks guy. I feel very basic but lost 3 kg, meals are not that terrible either

Kaos

It’s easy to blame those in charge but while I agree that these decisions could cost lives, you also have to understand that for every voice shouting in Boris’s ear concerning lives, there are just as many shouting about the economy and livelihoods. It can’t be easy and as far as I can see most leaders are struggling also. It must be like trying to hold water.
He’s even scuffed the economic argument. Listening to scientific advice meant the country will have only had to endure a couple weeks lockdown during a school half term which would have saved lives AND cushioned a further blow to the economy. Now he’s having to belatedly implement a longer lockdown which will only further exacerbate our economic woes.

This inept government should absolutely be held culpable.

Wolverine

surely return/extension of furlough scheme, feel desperately for people’s livelihood though.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I don’t get discouraging outbound flights but no mention of inbound flights
Doubt many tourists want to come in November cold and covid infested UK right now?

Im guessing want to keep inbound open for international business, but have to adopt existing quarantine?

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
I didn’t actually imply anything, just wondered why you think the majority wouldn’t support a lockdown.

And nor did I say it was easy, quite the opposite. I certainly don’t envy the PM at this time.
I'm sorry about that then and admit assuming wrongly. I thought you were questioning why people wouldn't just accept it without skepticism.

surely return/extension of furlough scheme, feel desperately for people’s livelihood though.
In fairness, that's good if you're in work but I have a few friends who were made redundant earlier in the year (companies folded, etc). I really feel for them as I can totally see businesses putting off hiring decisions until after Christmas.