SARS CoV-2 coronavirus / Covid-19 (No tin foil hat silliness please)

F-Red

Just had my second AZ jab. I've read the side effects are less common the second time around.

Can anyone who's had it confirm this?
I can confirm that is the case. Arm ache and general lethargy for the second jab.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Just had my second AZ jab. I've read the side effects are less common the second time around.

I had my second AZ jab 30 hours ago. No serious symptoms this time. Slight tiredness and heavy eyes but nothing like the first jab where I needed to take many paracetamols.

Adamsk7

My wife is now in isolation following one of her colleagues testing positive , exactly a day after losing her fight with her bosses to continue to work from home! They were masked up and largely social distancing for the one day they were together and she (and I ) have had negative lateral flow tests so hopefully we’ll be ok. We’ve both also had one jab so there’s some protection there too at least. My work as opposed to hers are overly cautious and they’ve sent me home too and I’m not to return until we both have a negative PCR.

I know two other people that also got told to isolate today so that shows how prevalent it is again in the UK. Stay safe people.

Don't younger people have natural antibodies though? If we build a herd immunity naturally, which is what UK gov were suggesting in the first place, then why do younger people need it now? Does inoculation mean lower viral load, transmission?
Younger people don't have natural antibodies but it's far less likely to do serious damage to them. For me it's got little to do with protecting the elderly etc although that's the main rationale behind vaccinating en masse. If a 30 year old gets it, you have a very roughly 3% chance of ending up in hospital struggling to breathe and a 0.2% chance of dying. Do you want to take the chance that you will be one of them? I don't.

Honestly though, I would also be more wary if all i was offered was the Russian vaccine.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Sensible considering the spread of Delta variant.

But, at some point Boris & his band of buffoons need to be held to account as to why India was not put on the red list sooner & their general conduct through the entire pandemic.

Dan_F

Sensible considering the spread of Delta variant.

But, at some point Boris & his band of buffoons need to be held to account as to why India was not put on the red list sooner & their general conduct through the entire pandemic.
Anyone could see it coming, even now, we all knew June 21st was likely to be too soon. Yet they over promised and went back at the last minute again. All the wasted money that businesses have spent getting ready for the reopening.

It’s very frustrating having to read the “I told you so” comments from the unvaccinated”.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
I'm getting dose one of the moderna jab next week.
Haven't heard of anyone getting that one

McGrathsipan

Why do people expect anything less from him? He wings everything. Every time he opens his mouth he lies
It's really astounding that a man like him is in number 10.
Whatever about his apparent lack of any sense and credibility he's not even likeable.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
My sister in laws partner got the Moderna jab and had mild cold like symptoms afterwards but nothing more. It is a highly effective mRNA vaccine so a great option.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
For those still unaware about how bad things in India have been and the extent of underreporting in India . This is just one state in India

It's almost identical to Pfizer.

I got a very sore arm the following day and 2 days later a small rash. A little bit of tiredness but I still managed to play football the day after. I've been told dose 2 will be a different story.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
It's almost identical to Pfizer.

I got a very sore arm the following day and 2 days later a small rash. A little bit of tiredness but I still managed to play football the day after. I've been told dose 2 will be a different story.
Both mRNA vaccines report a slightly higher incidence of side effects after the second shot but not neccesarily more severe.

For what it is worth my son had Pfizer and got very minor symptoms both times.

Minor side effects are actually a very good sign that your body is mounting an immune response.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Both mRNA vaccines report a slightly higher incidence of side effects after the second shot but not neccesarily more severe.

For what it is worth my son had Pfizer and got very minor symptoms both times.

Minor side effects are actually a very good sign that your body is mounting an immune response.
What about Satan having a party inside your body after the 2nd one? Is that not a good sign too!

McGrathsipan

it'll be worth it just to be vaccinated.

Ill have to go up to my brothers then and show him I am still alive

I am going to Navan for it, my wife got hers in Blanch. Hate that place, but all ran very well I hear

McGrathsipan

Why are Ireland not reporting deaths anymore?

Seems they just stopped reporting on fatalities.

Is it the hack?

Stanley Road

Renaissance Man
My wife is now in isolation following one of her colleagues testing positive , exactly a day after losing her fight with her bosses to continue to work from home! They were masked up and largely social distancing for the one day they were together and she (and I ) have had negative lateral flow tests so hopefully we’ll be ok. We’ve both also had one jab so there’s some protection there too at least. My work as opposed to hers are overly cautious and they’ve sent me home too and I’m not to return until we both have a negative PCR.

I know two other people that also got told to isolate today so that shows how prevalent it is again in the UK. Stay safe people.
This is what I hate about companies, reactive rather than proactive. Its already too late to start sending people home, its been in the work place and spread in the work place. Utter cnuts

Adamsk7

This is what I hate about companies, reactive rather than proactive. Its already too late to start sending people home, its been in the work place and spread in the work place. Utter cnuts
Yep! They got people back in, then one was positive so six more had to be sent home to isolate due to desk local , then they apparently sent an email round saying “this is a stark reminder to keep to social distancing and hand hygiene!!” Erm no, it’s a reminder that you’ve shat the bed because working from home was going fine for my partner and her team.
If I end up getting Covid from these idiots I’m
In two minds to take an infected dump in an envelope and post it through the Md’s letterbox.

Stanley Road

Renaissance Man
Yep! They got people back in, then one was positive so six more had to be sent home to isolate due to desk local , then they apparently sent an email round saying “this is a stark reminder to keep to social distancing and hand hygiene!!” Erm no, it’s a reminder that you’ve shat the bed because working from home was going fine for my partner and her team.
If I end up getting Covid from these idiots I’m
In two minds to take an infected dump in an envelope and post it through the Md’s letterbox.
I would have no problem contacting them if I was in your shoes.

Anustart89

I read that 99% of the blood clot cases from AZ were from the first dose, so essentially the risk is 7.92 per million to get a blood clot from dose one and 0.08 per million (or one in 12.5 million) from dose 2 given a total risk of 8/1000000

Widow

I read that 99% of the blood clot cases from AZ were from the first dose, so essentially the risk is 7.92 per million to get a blood clot from dose one and 0.08 per million (or one in 12.5 million) from dose 2 given a total risk of 8/1000000
I'd truly have to be unlucky!

30 hours on and zero side effects so far.

Thanks for the info

Anustart89

I'd truly have to be unlucky!

30 hours on and zero side effects so far.

Thanks for the info
As for the other side effects like fever and fatigue they should be worse following a second dose since the immune response is stronger from a booster shot.

Irwin99

Had my first jab, Pfizer, and I threw up all in my face mask at the vaccination centre. Felt really unwell and thought I was going to collapse but I felt much better after being sick.Weirdly there were two other people there who had that jab who had bad reactions too; one of the guys had to be laid on the floor. Just hope he's alright and I hope I'm alright now.

Had my first jab, Pfizer, and I threw up all in my face mask at the vaccination centre. Felt really unwell and thought I was going to collapse but I felt much better after being sick.Weirdly there were two other people there who had that jab who had bad reactions too; one of the guys had to be laid on the floor. Just hope he's alright and I hope I'm alright now.
Did they advise you not to get the second jab?