SARS CoV-2 coronavirus / Covid-19 (No tin foil hat silliness please)

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
North Korea is extremely isolated so I doubt it becomes a huge problem there if any. Would be ironic if the whole world gets fecked and NK becomes the safe country. Imagine that :lol:
Apparently it's a huge problem in North Korea. South Korea authorities say that the North have substantially increased cremation etc. Of course North Korean health minister says there is no cases in North Korea as one might expect. The truth is there is a lot of back and forth travelling to China for North Korean as they rely on trade with China. I absolutely cannot see how none of the North Korean population aren't infected when an their brothers down in the south are having an outbreak. Again, I sourced this information from Dr. John Campbell's youtube channel. I would strongly recommend everyone to view it regarding Covid-19.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Apparently it's a huge problem in North Korea. South Korea authorities say that the North have substantially increased cremation etc. Of course North Korean health minister says there is no cases in North Korea as one might expect. The truth is there is a lot of back and forth travelling to China for North Korean as they rely on trade with China. I absolutely cannot see how none of the North Korean population aren't infected when an their brothers down in the south are having an outbreak. Again, I sourced this information from Dr. John Campbell's youtube channel. I would strongly recommend everyone to view it regarding Covid-19.
Gotcha. Yeah I didn’t know there was consistent travel between the two countries. Well I guess it sucks for them.

Paxi

Gotcha. Yeah I didn’t know there was consistent travel between the two countries. Well I guess it sucks for them.
So I hear. I've no reason to doubt the man -- he's not the man to fuel rumours, from what I've seen of him.

Florida Man

So I hear. I've no reason to doubt the man -- he's not the man to fuel rumours, from what I've seen of him.
I’ve only watch a couple minutes of him earlier. Question though. Do you think media is over sensationalizing this consider common things like the flu kill way more people? From my perspective, I pretty much have to worry about everything.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
What's the average recovery time for people who are diagnosed?

BootsyCollins

I’ve only watch a couple minutes of him earlier. Question though. Do you think media is over sensationalizing this consider common things like the flu kill way more people? From my perspective, I pretty much have to worry about everything.
Imo they are, but even when i get scared to pieces when i read the news, i still think its a good thing they overhype the danger so that more people think more about what they do to prevent it from spreading.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I think so but I would take certain precautions, at the end of the day most of us could do without being quarantined.

Florida Man

Imo they are, but even when i get scared to pieces when i read the news, i still think its a good thing they overhype the danger so that more people think more about what they do to prevent it from spreading.
I think so but I would take certain precautions, at the end of the day most of us could do without being quarantined.
Good points.

Paxi

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.livescience.com/amp/new-coronavirus-compare-with-flu.html

This explains why it's different to flu. But to add to that, I don't think the media are overly sensationalist in their reporting. In fact, I think the western media are doing a good job in terms of keeping the fake news and misinformation at bay. You only just have to type in covid 19 into Twitter search and it will look like we're on the brink of the apocalypse. I personally have this morbid curiosity so I'm following this with great interest.

Over 100 cases now in Italy, seems like it's spreading like fire.
Part of the reason for that is the Italians are testing everyone who's been anywhere near a confirmed case, whether they have symptoms or not.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Over 100 cases now in Italy, seems like it's spreading like fire.
I think its already spread because those are who infected probably got infected days ago, it's just whether this number will increase a great deal more or will hit its peak soon.

massi83

It hasn't had the time to kill more than flu yet. If it becomes pandemia it will kill 10-30 more.

I don't think Italy differs too much from france, Germany or spain. They just started to test more. I think there are thounsands of cases in Europe already. Hard to contain anymore. Delay we can, but not until vaccine.

I am not a pessimist, or scaremonger. But statistics are starting to look like pandemia is real possibility. Certainly more than 1%. Hard to say if it is 10%, 30% or something else. But not that much that can be done about it, so no need to worry extra.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
It's quite remarkable how a virus that started out in a Chinese food market has now affected people globally.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
It's quite remarkable how a virus that started out in a Chinese food market has now affected people globally.
I do wonder what will change in the future. This virus starting in China was probably one of the worst places it could have started due to population size, density and the overall influence and power of China. If this virus started in let's say...Paraguay, then the country would have been shut down, flights would have been suspended immediately, Paraguay would have been virtually isolated. However, China is arguably the second most powerful country in the world, and there was hesitance to get tough on them, to cease flights from China to the rest of the world quicker, add into the filtered information we get from China and we have our current situation.

Ebola was scary but it never quite showed up in Europe like covid 19 has because Ebola started in West Africa and the world powers weren't afraid to be tough on isolating it.

Will the Chinese government start impose new sanitary laws on China after this to prevent another outbreak? Probably not.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Will the Chinese government start impose new sanitary laws on China after this to prevent another outbreak? Probably not.
Surely a must!

In a World where you rightly can't smoke in pubs, drink in public, text while driving etc and where environmental issues are more and more pertinent, you can't have fecking Global outbreaks starting from archaic practices like eating bats in unhygenic environments - it's utterly crazy.

Innocent, vulnerable people have died, are dying, and will die because of both the Chinese government's disgusting behaviour and the failure of other Governments to put their foot down and boss the situation.

Disgraceful, from all angles. We live in a day and age of utterly pathetic governments.

From Brexit, straight to this - fecking miserable.

zing

Zingle balls

I wonder how reliable this data is.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Elderly cancer patient dies of corona virus in Italy. The 3rd person.
Right, and that's what I'm talking about, it's a fecking disgrace that elderly people - who've worked and paid taxes for decades and decades in their respective countries losing their lives to a fecking virus from China that could've been stopped if the various governments shut it the feck down initially.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
Wow. Veneza Carnival cancelled, football cancelled and schools closed. These are pretty huge measures in Italy.

Paxi

@MaxiPaxi

Ya boy thinks we're in a pandemic

The part about Iran is very concerning. I've seen a video yesterday where there were protests on streets of Iran. Tear gas is believed to have discharged. Now, I severely doubt that, there would be protests, where the authorities had to use tear gas, if there were only 43 cases. Something is off there.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
The part about Iran is very concerning. I've seen a video yesterday where there were protests on streets of Iran. Tear gas is believed to have discharged. Now, I severely doubt that, there would be protests, where the authorities had to use tear gas, if there were only 43 cases. Something is off there.
Aren't the protests political in nature?

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Pretty sure the Iranian government uses teargas and worse for many protests

I'm also not sure if you think there is an Uber deadly contageous disease that you would gather in crowds to protest... Gut feel it's a protest about something else?

Paxi

Aren't the protests political in nature?
Pretty sure the Iranian government uses teargas and worse for many protests

I'm also not sure if you think there is an Uber deadly contageous disease that you would gather in crowds to protest... Gut feel it's a protest about something else?
Could be actually. I've seen the video on Twitter which did show what to looked like tear gas but it could have been deployed due to a number of reasons. I didn't know that there was an ongoing political situation going on in Iran.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
They're having an election of some sort currently. Or just had.

Paxi

I was travelling 10 days ago through Istanbul airport. And you know I've been getting abdominal pain and had bouts of diarrhoea for the past 10 days. Today, I felt slightly out of breath at times. After having a shower I had a sharp pain in the right side of my chest whilst bending down to dry myself off. I also had a crackling cough today. I seem to be feeling okay now, though. I'm just wondering should I be concerned? Should I ring out of hours GP and notify them? I mean, I've been out for the whole week, going to shops, picking up prescriptions, just doing normal stuff, God knows how many people I'd have potentially infected ffs. :nervous:

Florida Man

I was travelling 10 days ago through Istanbul airport. And you know I've been getting abdominal pain and had bouts of diarrhoea for the past 10 days. Today, I felt slightly out of breath at times. After having a shower I had a sharp pain in the right side of my chest whilst bending down to dry myself off. I also had a crackling cough today. I seem to be feeling okay now, though. I'm just wondering should I be concerned? Should I ring out of hours GP and notify them? I mean, I've been out for the whole week, going to shops, picking up prescriptions, just doing normal stuff, God knows how many people I'd have potentially infected ffs. :nervous:
Better safe than sorry so reach out. Also, get yourself high doses of vitamin C because they are fantastic in aiding your immune system against viruses.