SARS CoV-2 coronavirus / Covid-19 (No tin foil hat silliness please)

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
I was travelling 10 days ago through Istanbul airport. And you know I've been getting abdominal pain and had bouts of diarrhoea for the past 10 days. Today, I felt slightly out of breath at times. After having a shower I had a sharp pain in the right side of my chest whilst bending down to dry myself off. I also had a crackling cough today. I seem to be feeling okay now, though. I'm just wondering should I be concerned? Should I ring out of hours GP and notify them? I mean, I've been out for the whole week, going to shops, picking up prescriptions, just doing normal stuff, God knows how many people I'd have potentially infected ffs. :nervous:
Might be an idea to give 111 a call and see what they say.

Here's the latest advice:
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Better safe than sorry so reach out. Also, get yourself high doses of vitamin C because they are fantastic in aiding your immune system against viruses.
I'm scared to cause a scene and end up on the fecking news. I live in Northern Ireland, in a small village, last thing I want is an ambulance arriving at my door with paramedics in hazmats suits. I think I'll self isolate for couple of days and see if there are any changes. I haven't had any fever which is a good sign I suppose.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I'm scared to cause a scene and end up on the fecking news. I live in Northern Ireland, in a small village, last thing I want is an ambulance arriving at my door with paramedics in hazmats suits. I think I'll self isolate for couple of days and see if there are any changes. I haven't had any fever which is a good sign I suppose.
"I hear you're infected now Max"

Rajma

It's better to look stupid for a moment (people will naturally understand in the face of this virus that everyone is being extremely careful at all times) than later become a "super spreader" on Daily Mail.

arnie_ni

East or west of the bann?

Utdstar01

Better to act sooner rather than later mate as this also affects anybody you've also been in contact with if it is indeed that.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
I was travelling 10 days ago through Istanbul airport. And you know I've been getting abdominal pain and had bouts of diarrhoea for the past 10 days. Today, I felt slightly out of breath at times. After having a shower I had a sharp pain in the right side of my chest whilst bending down to dry myself off. I also had a crackling cough today. I seem to be feeling okay now, though. I'm just wondering should I be concerned? Should I ring out of hours GP and notify them? I mean, I've been out for the whole week, going to shops, picking up prescriptions, just doing normal stuff, God knows how many people I'd have potentially infected ffs. :nervous:

I'm banning you from the Caf, that's for damn sure.

Paxi

Better safe than sorry so reach out. Also, get yourself high doses of vitamin C because they are fantastic in aiding your immune system against viruses.
Might be an idea to give 111 a call and see what they say.

Here's the latest advice:
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
I'm just off the phone from Northern Ireland hotline, one of the staff told me that it shouldn't be a problem (abdominal pain, diarrhoea) as I don't have a fever, cough and shortness of breath. They told me to basically carry on as normal. Fair enough. Maybe I am being overly panicky. I do have a propensity to think I'm constantly coming down with something so who knows.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
I'm scared to cause a scene and end up on the fecking news. I live in Northern Ireland, in a small village, last thing I want is an ambulance arriving at my door with paramedics in hazmats suits.
I shouldn't laugh but :lol:

And go see a doctor man.
I see now you did.

mu4c_20le

If you do end up on the news, make sure to tell everyone you're a liverpool fan.

Phil

I'm just off the phone from Northern Ireland hotline, one of the staff told me that it shouldn't be a problem (abdominal pain, diarrhoea) as I don't have a fever, cough and shortness of breath. They told me to basically carry on as normal. Fair enough. Maybe I am being overly panicky. I do have a propensity to think I'm constantly coming down with something so who knows.
I'm glad for the update and that you're well. I've also been travelling a week or so ago and now am having the stomach issues.

Paxi

I shouldn't laugh but :lol:

And go see a doctor man.
That's the thing, I've already been to my local surgery, to get blood work done for unrelated issue and I've noticed signs everywhere warning people not to come in if they've travelled to China, Thailand, Philippines etc. I fear I've probably infected my whole town ffs. I'll get my windows put through. :nervous::lol:

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
That's the thing, I've already been to my local surgery, to get blood work done for unrelated issue and I've noticed signs everywhere warning people not to come in if they've travelled to China, Thailand, Philippines etc. I fear I've probably infected my whole town ffs. I'll get my windows put through. :nervous::lol:
It was just so relatable. I imagined myself in the same situation and couldn't stop laughing :lol:

Hopefully you're okay.

Paxi

I'm glad for the update and that you're well. I've also been travelling a week or so ago and now am having the stomach issues.
The issue I have is that, the person on the other end of the phone seemed to dismiss the abdominal pain and the fact that I've been to Turkey and not Asia but the fact is, that airport has a colossal number of travelers who are getting connection flights all over the world. Anyway, she said not to worry so I shall not.

Paxi

It was just so relatable. I imagined myself in the same situation and couldn't stop laughing :lol:

Hopefully you're okay.
Yeah imagine Daily Mail revealing my name and calling me a super spreader when all I have is a bit of diarrhoea and a hangover.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Yeah imagine Daily Mail revealing my name and calling me a super spreader when all I have is a bit of diarrhoea and a hangover.

You should tell the Daily Mail then a few days later explain how it was just a really dodgy kebab. All publicity is good publicity.

Paxi

You should tell the Daily Mail then a few days later explain how it was just a really dodgy kebab. All publicity is good publicity.
Their readers will love that. I'll throw Meghan Markles name in the mix as well just to make sure I make the front page.

Paxi

You really could set off a panic though. Are there any cases in Ireland?
Not that I know of. I did take a coach from Dublin airport to Lisburn though. There could be a clear trail left here.

Phil

The issue I have is that, the person on the other end of the phone seemed to dismiss the abdominal pain and the fact that I've been to Turkey and not Asia but the fact is, that airport has a colossal number of travelers who are getting connection flights all over the world. Anyway, she said not to worry so I shall not.
To be fair, there doesn't seem to be any indication that stomach cramp and diarrhoea are symptoms, so I'm going to remain positive too.

Utdstar01

There's a lot of unknown with the virus still, so god knows if people's symptoms differ from person to person. There's not a great deal of info on the nhs page.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
This video is really weird...there was a full simulation event in November about Coronavirus funded by Bill Gates and focusing on the economic effects of such an outbreak... apparently Gates owns the patent for vaccines or something? I'm not too sure, it's all very bizarre.

The comments section is full of conspiracy type folk predictably, but the event itself and vid is very, very odd.

Paxi

It was good knowing you.
In all seriousness, if this is a pandemic, like some say, then it's quite probable that someone on the caf could conceivably contract it, unfortunately.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Sounds like Nora virus, a common stomach bug that has been doing the rounds,you will be fine.

Or I could be wrong and you could be dying, your better asking a doctor than random people on red cafe.

Paxi

Sounds like Nora virus, a common stomach bug that has been doing the rounds,you will be fine.

Or I could be wrong and you could be dying, your better asking a doctor than random people on red cafe.
Hmm.. well we're all dying aren't we? :smirk:
...and yes, I did call the helpline and I was told not to worry.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
last 5 days global mortality rate:

18th: 2.2%
19th: 2.4%
20th: 2.6%
21st: 2.9%
22nd: 3.1%
23th: 3.3%