SARS CoV-2 coronavirus / Covid-19 (No tin foil hat silliness please)

Classical Mechanic

It's all kicking of now on the sae trajectory as Italy roughly. People will start to learn the hard way. I went to the local shops at lunch and it was 50% old people, there at the busiest time of the day. I mean they literally have all day to do their shopping. Nuts.

Virgil

On sky news Italy it says that the death rate in the UK is higher than Italy was at the same point in the trajectory. Not sure if that's right but really worrying considering that Italy has an older population and we're struck by the virus sooner than the uk
Don’t know about the trajectory but if I recall correctly we identified out first Coronavirus case a few days before Italy although my recall could well be faulty.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
It's all kicking of now on the sae trajectory as Italy roughly. People will start to learn the hard way. I went to the local shops at lunch and it was 50% old people, there at the busiest time of the day. I mean they literally have all day to do their shopping. Nuts.
Yep. Just said the same thing in another thread. Big groups of them in town today. Not sinking in at all I'm afraid.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Any news from Italy today?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I have a feeling there will be a new appreciation for teachers after this ends.
I think there will be a new appreciation for a vast number of overlooked jobs, from farms and factory right through the supply chain to supermarkets.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
My old local pub in Berkshire closed on Wednesday. They're now in operation as a (posh) takeaway and off licence. Order by phone and pickup outside or drive through. They're now trying to update their insurance to offer deliveries.

There's a tiny shop in the village and they're going to try and run a mini supermarket between them as the pub/hotel has bigger stockroom/fridges/freezers etc (they're more or less across the road to each other) with a delivery service.

Just a nice diversion from wetherspoons etc.
It's heartening to hear about instances of community spirit, even if some of them have a commercial angle.

F-Red

People clearly not listening to avoid those public places so the rules are coming in place, the rate of increase isn't slowing so deeper action is required.

LARulz

Everything to close in the UK (take out OK for some places).

He said they'll review it each MONTH which surprised me

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Yep. Just said the same thing in another thread. Big groups of them in town today. Not sinking in at all I'm afraid.
They need to be told what to do. It's already been established enough times over recent years that people are too selfish or stupid to make the right calls off their own backs.

Fener1907

W

I was reading very worrying news, as they will not close mosques etc.
I live close to one and it's been shut down for a week and makes regular announcements for people not to come. Schools, restaurants, universities.. also all closed.

The only real issue is the Morons from Mecca bringing it back and spreading it.

LARulz

So what about the people who lose their jobs? Isn't his scheme only for those not officially let go?