SARS CoV-2 coronavirus / Covid-19 (No tin foil hat silliness please)

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I think this verdict was inevitable. The minimum extra they need to do alongside it, is schedule actual exams for students who want to take a chance on getting a better grade in November. It used to be that students could do resits at that time.

This year, students should be allowed to take the grade they're offered or do the exam late. Not much help for university applicants of course, but at least they'll get a real option rather than a year on hold.

In the old days (ie: before education secretary Michael Gove) they used to have other stuff like coursework, and year 12 exams/units they could use, so there might have been a realistic plan B. Now they're stuck with whatever happened last year and whatever happened in the mocks.
When I was at high school and sixth form, we knew the mocks alongside coursework and already taken exams would be the biggest determining factor in our awarded grades if exceptional circumstances happened. Not sure what else people think could happen.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Completely fecked up. I was a pain in the arse in School and did next to no work (undiagnosed ADHD) and was predicted Es, Ds and Fs by my teachers because my coursework was half arsed or non-existent. I smashed the feck out of the exams and got mostly Cs with a couple of Ds.

I know for a fact that my teachers would never have given me the benefit of any doubt and wouldn't have awarded me a single C. I guarantee there is tens of thousands of kids just like I was who will be given absolutely zero respect from their teachers who now get to decide their future based on their opinion of the student rather than what the student is capable of given the chance.
It's not even that, the "good kids" and teachers favourites will get grades above what they should too I reckon.

mu4c_20le

How inconsiderate! Doesn't this virus know we are running on a timetable here :rolleyes:
The replies :D

Tuesday at 3:12 pm. feel better now? glad I could help out

Are you truly the stupidest person in the world? Ok then. Americans need a date-certain when each of us will shuffle off this moral coil.

I'll give you a hint. It will end a lot later than it should because you and the criminal in the WH lied and called the pandemic a Dem hoax.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Arcadia Group is gone apparently
Could companies benefit from this? As in, going "bankrupt" now could work in their favour somehow? Could they just not pay staff redundancy and stuff? Seems companies are willing to say "we are done" very quickly, I mean, it's not even been a month really has it?

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Could companies benefit from this? As in, going "bankrupt" now could work in their favour somehow? Could they just not pay staff redundancy and stuff? Seems companies are willing to say "we are done" very quickly, I mean, it's not even been a month really has it?
Arcadia was in trouble before to be fair. Still a huge amount unemployed though as theyre a big employer.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Very true Steve, at the risk of generalising there are a great many Americans who think they are inherently better and more deserving of x,y and z than the rest of the world.
It's a result of being the most powerful nation in the world for so long and never experiencing the catastrophic destruction of the 20th-century wars on our own home soil. It's hubris and it comes before the fall. See Trump, Donald.

kidbob

fecking inevitable. Boris is an idiot who doesn't realise that distancing is, not to stop the virus but stop exactly this. Not only that but him and his Unionist prick friends up North have put the entire island of Ireland at risk because of some stupid 'we are a part of the UK' ideal. They should all burn for this. During a pandemic any 'nationalistic' feelings should be discarded. Maybe Arlene should realise that following our rules on this doesn't make them a part of the republic.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
fecking inevitable. Boris is an idiot who doesn't realise that distancing is
It's not his fault - he must've been confused by Twitter Trends: '#Distanacing', '#Panickbuying', '#Cornetvirus' etc.

Fully Fledged

fecking inevitable. Boris is an idiot who doesn't realise that distancing is, not to stop the virus but stop exactly this. Not only that but him and his Unionist prick friends up North have put the entire island of Ireland at risk because of some stupid 'we are a part of the UK' ideal. They should all burn for this. During a pandemic any 'nationalistic' feelings should be discarded. Maybe Arlene should realise that following our rules on this doesn't make them a part of the republic.
One of BJ's biggest backers is the owner of Wetherspoons and he doesn't want pubs shut for obvious reasons.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
On sky news Italy it says that the death rate in the UK is higher than Italy was at the same point in the trajectory. Not sure if that's right but really worrying considering that Italy has an older population and we're struck by the virus sooner than the uk

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
My old local pub in Berkshire closed on Wednesday. They're now in operation as a (posh) takeaway and off licence. Order by phone and pickup outside or drive through. They're now trying to update their insurance to offer deliveries.

There's a tiny shop in the village and they're going to try and run a mini supermarket between them as the pub/hotel has bigger stockroom/fridges/freezers etc (they're more or less across the road to each other) with a delivery service.

Just a nice diversion from wetherspoons etc.

Last edited:

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Life is normal here in the West of London. Doesn't seem much different from any other Friday. Drove past my local McDs and the car park was packed. Gosh, people are so fecking stupid.