SARS CoV-2 coronavirus / Covid-19 (No tin foil hat silliness please)

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
This thing is getting fast out of hand. I think it’s only appropriate that this season’s English Premier League is declared nil & void!

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
821 in total as of today in Italy, an increase of 171 which is actually better than yesterday. 21 dead although still to be determined how many of them died because of the virus as all were old and/or already ill.

A couple of the worst affected hospitals are starting to struggle with space now.
And pressure on medics, people working there has to be horrible. :(

I wish there was a ”positive corona news” thread or site somewhere.
Not a site saying ”its nothing, its the flu, ect” but a place you could go if you was down or worried who gathered the ”positive” news.
I would like that.
There are definitely positive news too (in terms of apocaliptic gloom and doom):

- children are avoiding it
- it certainly doesn't have mortality rate as reported (many people have only mild symptoms and aren't registered)
- in general it didn't break out massively so far
- warm wheather should help if it acts like a regular flu

BootsyCollins

I’m glad there isn’t.
why not? a place where for facts, but not with the end of the world spin.

And pressure on medics, people working there has to be horrible. :(

There are definitely positive news too (in terms of apocaliptic gloom and doom):

- children are avoiding it
- it certainly doesn't have mortality rate as reported (many people have only mild symptoms and aren't registered)
- in general it didn't break out massively so far
- warm wheather should help if it acts like a regular flu
thanks man

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Only 4% said they won't drink it because of the virus. 38% is the figure that stated they just wouldn't drink it for any reason.

• Among those who said they usually drink Corona, only 4% said they would stop drinking Corona, but 14% said they wouldn't order Corona in a public venue
  • 16% of beer drinking Americans were confused about whether Corona beer is related to the coronavirus

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
why not? a place where for facts, but not with the end of the world spin.
I just dont think its a healthy concept to deliberately only present one side of a story. For me, that is really no different to what all the rags and left wing/right wing media do - painting stories in a particular light rather than being objective.

Also, if people are getting their news from a "good news site" then surely they are less inclined to take the whole thing seriously?

BootsyCollins

I just dont think its a healthy concept to deliberately only present one side of a story. For me, that is really no different to what all the rags and left wing/right wing media do - painting stories in a particular light rather than being objective.

Also, if people are getting their news from a "good news site" then surely they are less inclined to take the whole thing seriously?
You are right.

I though of it more like a place for people who are worried and need to calm down maybe. Sort of like a safe haven.
But it would only work if they know its one sided and only use for ”panic attacks” sort of.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
@horsechoker

From Billy

“yeah but i’m only a carrier”
“tell the caf that my brother Bobby Bilkins would join but he’s a scouser”

Make of that what you will.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
I am currently in North Italy. Went there on Friday, the same day the news broke. All good here so far, but flying out of Venice Airport on Sunday. :nervous:

My work has already told me to work from home for two weeks.

arthurka

Having just had a kidney transplant and taking very strong immunosuppressants, I sure feel ecstatic about all this news. Thankfully no cases in Colorado* and Florida.

*here in Colorado until the end of March for follow ups and one more operation
As a fellow immunosuppressant can't say I am looking forward to this. Just got rid of the influenza and the coughing last week I am looking forward to prolong this shit. First case was confirmed here in Iceland today.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Can you be infected with two viruses at once? If not, then we should all consider getting the common cold until COVID-19 disappears. It’s fool proof.

oates

No one is a match for his two masters degrees
Scout
Supports
Arsenal
Can you be infected with two viruses at once? If not, then we should all consider getting the common cold until COVID-19 disappears. It’s fool proof.
Think someone told me that it wasn't, that one virus blocks the other from entering cells but I might not remember that right.

I'm sure there's an expert on here.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I don't know why I am laughing. :lol:
I had the same reaction, literally burst out laughing. Absolutely awful but its just so preposterous you can’t help it.

hobbers

It's quite a fortuitous little virus is covid19. Most species-jumping coronaviruses/influenzas have been too lethal to humans to actually prosper, H1N1, H5N1, SARS etc.

Covid19 will almost definitely end up along with the common cold and winter flu as something we always have to put up with.