SARS CoV-2 coronavirus / Covid-19 (No tin foil hat silliness please)

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
It's just as shit as I remember!
Were you in a queue? How long did it take?

Have to admit, Ive really missed my regular fix of KFC, and the one closest to me wont deliver yet so still have to wait. Have tried making KFC as close to recipe as possible at home, but still cant get close. I think it's to do with the way they fry their chicken as opposed to the spice mix.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout

Have to admit, Ive really missed my regular fix of KFC, and the one closest to me wont deliver yet so still have to wait. Have tried making KFC as close to recipe as possible at home, but still cant get close. I think it's to do with the way they fry their chicken as opposed to the spice mix.
The key is ensuring the chicken was frightened to death and then had its meat injected with a gallon of water.

I could really do with a boneless banquet right now though.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
What’s the issue? The video shows small groups of people sitting at some distance apart. There is a lot of curtain twitching/puritan self-righteousness to all this covidiot talk.
How many touched the handrails? How many went to the shops across the road? How many filled their cars up to get there? How many parked in cramped bays?

People think "it's fine because I'm socially distancing" is the get out of jail free card for being a selfish cnut just because you want to sit on a beach. "We're all in this together" doesn't apply because of these jokers.

*Twitches curtains*
Shared bathrooms are likely to be a big issue for contagion. The guidance to the public needs to be more specific. “Feel free to travel to get some fresh air. But don’t go so far away that you can’t get home for a piss or a shit”. Now all those people might be within a full bladder/rectum’s distance from their home but I doubt it.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
The key is ensuring the chicken was frightened to death and then had its meat injected with a gallon of water.

I could really do with a boneless banquet right now though.
And don't forget KFC's kitchens lack of hygiene, it probably plays its role in the special flavor.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello

Queue for that shit? Did I feck. I'm ridiculing people who are instantly reverting back to the stuff that was shit to begin with. Getting all nostalgic for the worst of February 2020.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Haven't looked in this thread today so apologies if it's already been explained but what's the reasoning for no new cases in London today?

Sounds too good to be true given it's accouting for high percentage of UK public transport use currently with the tube still busy at rush hour.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Haven't looked in this thread today so apologies if it's already been explained but what's the reasoning for no new cases in London today?

Sounds too good to be true given it's accouting for high percentage of UK public transport use currently with the tube still busy at rush hour.
Everyone too busy working so don't have the time to go and get tested

decorativeed

Surely crime is massively down though? Or is this a good chance to pull back on over spending maybe.
Possibly, it's just that I've never seen a police officer out issuing fines to nob heads for doing any of the regular stupid, inconsiderate things that they have powers to fine people for. I don't think I've ever seen a police presence in any park for any reason.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604

Jesus, who gives a shit? People are always gonna do what they want. Everyone preaching about it like they're all saints. Half the twats who moan about people not doing it on Facebook are themselves asshats who have broke lockdown anyway.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Jesus, who gives a shit? People are always gonna do what they want. Everyone preaching about it like they're all saints. Half the twats who moan about people not doing it on Facebook are themselves asshats who have broke lockdown anyway.
I think we're at the point where just as many are scared to do normal things and seeing people go on like life is normal can get you riled up. The world might well be safer for the next few months but I think many people will need to build up their confidence to go out and do normal things.

C'est Moi Cantona

This trying to shame people is going to become an issue if we're not careful, every person in these pictures could well have been doing all then can to keep the appropriate distance, yet when there's lots of people in shot it's bound to look bad given the current mood, then the would be 'Facebook shamer' who is likely there, and all part of it, can't wait to post it and await the rush of disapproving replies, like it's an achievement for them.

It's sad, most people are really trying to do their best, or at least they are where I live.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
This trying to shame people is going to become an issue if we're not careful, every person in these pictures could well have been doing all then can to keep the appropriate distance, yet when there's lots of people in shot it's bound to look bad given the current mood, then the would be 'Facebook shamer' who is likely there, and all part of it, can't wait to post it and await the rush of disapproving replies, like it's an achievement for them.

It's sad, most people are really trying to do their best, or at least they are where I live.
Yeah you wouldn't want the coronavirus to become an issue. That'd be a big problem.

Last edited:

C'est Moi Cantona

Yeah you wouldn't want the coronavirus to become an issue. That'd be a big problem.
Of course it's an issue, but people have been told they're allowed out, to travel, and to meet one person, how can you look at these photos and conclude people are not doing it, or at least doing all then can to do so.

Last edited:

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Of course it's an issue, but people have been told they're allowed out, to travel, and to meet one person, how can you look at these photos and conclude people are not doing it, or at least doing all then can to do so.

You're quite right I can't and won't because it's lame to shame but it does seem some of the ones sitting on the wall in the top-left and top-right of these are a bit close. It doesn't seem sensible but that's just my opinion.

Agree though that some of the pics are misleading, particularly on the beach itself where people do look far enough apart.

Last edited:

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
This has been on my mind too, looking at Italy and there doesn't appear to be an increase in the number of new cases 2 weeks after they lifted some restrictions. It might be too early to talk as more restrictions were lifted on Monday but if the rate remains the same or falls then it raises a lot of questions.

Or

Josep Dowling

Every single one of these identified and currently being paid on furlough should have their payment removed. Getting sick and tired of a majority of people seeing this as some big paid holiday. Stay at home you selfish cnuts.

decorativeed

The trouble is that they are having an impact on others with their unnecessary and thoughtless actions. I know I'm not alone in getting a bee in my bonnet when there's the appearance that people think that the rules don't apply to them or their lives are more important than other people's.

One of these pictures today showed what was a supposedly 40 minute queue for a single disabled toilet in Skegness or somewhere. People hilariously misguided believing that standing 2 meters apart in the queue provided them with social distancing safety when they are then going to touch the same handles, toilet seats, flush, taps, etc when they get there. It's selfish and idiotic in equal measure.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604

Very true, we had an issue the other week where a photographer from a local paper had set up his camera ready for outrage when the chippies opened. He took the photo, wrote the story, plastered everywhere. He took a photo at such an angle it looked like a normal queue (think, angle from the front of queue Vs the side). He probably had to use a certain lense or something too, to make it look like there were stood one behind each other about 20cm apart.

However, some sensible bugger took a photo at the correct angle to show how social distancing was being followed whole queueing and while in the shop.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
The trouble is that they are having an impact on others with their unnecessary and thoughtless actions. I know I'm not alone in getting a bee in my bonnet when there's the appearance that people think that the rules don't apply to them or their lives are more important than other people's.

One of these pictures today showed what was a supposedly 40 minute queue for a single disabled toilet in Skegness or somewhere. People hilariously misguided believing that standing 2 meters apart in the queue provided them with social distancing safety when they are then going to touch the same handles, toilet seats, flush, taps, etc when they get there. It's selfish and idiotic in equal measure.
Well then that's their own problem, if they're that worried they should stay at home and not be using public bogs?

How many of these people out and about have already had a positive test and recovery? They might now be immune (I know we don't know for sure but it seems likely) and then why can't they go about as normal?

Some people suffer mental health issues and need to have time out the house, and actually need interaction with others. Wasn't there some advice recently sunlight actually helps fight the virus due to some vitamin?

Plenty of reasons for people to be out now tbh, lockdown was taking its toll on everyone because we are a nation used to freedom naturally to do whatever we want.

I know some people are taking the piss "I won't sent my kids back to school for them to be guinea pigs" and then going the park with the kids :houllier:. Others won't go back to work because they fear for health but then don't mind going the park either.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Really hope this story makes it into the covid19 movie when its made.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Well then that's their own problem, if they're that worried they should stay at home and not be using public bogs?

How many of these people out and about have already had a positive test and recovery? They might now be immune (I know we don't know for sure but it seems likely) and then why can't they go about as normal?

Some people suffer mental health issues and need to have time out the house, and actually need interaction with others. Wasn't there some advice recently sunlight actually helps fight the virus due to some vitamin?

Plenty of reasons for people to be out now tbh, lockdown was taking its toll on everyone because we are a nation used to freedom naturally to do whatever we want.

I know some people are taking the piss "I won't sent my kids back to school for them to be guinea pigs" and then going the park with the kids :houllier:. Others won't go back to work because they fear for health but then don't mind going the park either.
Despite what I said earlier, I do agree with a lot of this. It's hard to blame people for getting out and we can all just hope most are being sensible about it.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
The man in the orange jumper and white jeans has terrible taste in fashion no matter which angle you look at him from.

Dan_F

In fairness I agree that the photos can be misleading. Im annoyed about the people I’ve seen today in the park I was walking around. The majority looked like families or couples, all obeying social distancing. No problem. but there was also a HUGE amount of younger adults/teenagers, in groups of 10 or more, getting drunk and not distancing more than half a meter, or passing around joints, catching frisbees etc.

It has nothing to do with me be scared to go out, or wanting to shame people. But what I can recognise is the fact that there is a shit tonne of people not working, being paid for by the tax payer to stay at home to stop the spread of the virus. While I am working for 80% pay, harder than usual, because my company has no revenue.

Again, no problem with that in principle, people haven’t chosen to be furloughed, I’m glad I’ve got a job still. I just don’t think it’s fair. About 4 weeks ago, my partner wasn’t allowed to go to my grandads cremation (she’d known him for over five years). Now we’re at stage where people are allowed to have picnics and BBQ’s in groups of 10/12? Nah, it’s bullshit.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan

decorativeed

That's exactly my point. By doing that they are risking either contracting the virus or passing it on to someone else. Just so they could build a fecking sandcastle.

Statistically, probably a miniscule portion of them have had it and recovered. Realistically it's unlikely any of them do have the virus, but the way to make sure you have the lowest risk is by not going out touching all the public facilities.

The idea that people would be given some immunity to it by a spot of sunshine is nonsense. As is the idea that as a nation we're somehow different to all the other nations in wanting the freedom to do whatever we want.

jeff_goldblum

The biggest issue is that people have been allowed to believe that being 2m away from someone is a silver bullet, rather than just a way of improving the odds. The second biggest is that the rules have been so arbitrary, inconsistent and vague that no-one sees any sense in following them.

If people are being told that it's safe for them to go back to work with potentially 100s of people from different households as long as they stay 2m apart, why would they see any danger in hanging out with their mates at the beach whilst keeping 2m distance?

Ultimately the government should have either made the rules strict enough to avoid leaving loopholes and allowing misunderstandings or been honest and made it clear that the measures they've put in place weren't designed to protect as many people as possible, but were rather supposed to strike a balance between reducing the spread and getting people back into work.

Josep Dowling

We may as well have no social distancing in place. Everywhere I go is exactly the same as it was 2 months ago except supermarkets entrances. And before you ask why I’m out it’s merely to collect records from my works office to do work at home. Waste of time all the rules. I pass two or three police cars to get to the office stopping absolutely no one.

We have followed Germany but the massive difference is they loosened the lockdown when they were hitting very small deaths a day, we are still at nearly 400 deaths a day with a far more moronic general public than any in the world. I’ve seen people wearing gloves having been in a supermarket then eat a packet of crisp with their gloves on. People wearing masks and gloves in their own cars. It has made me realise just how stupid most people are in this country.