Saudis taking over Newcastle | Maybe not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matst1

And its not a divine right, its called being a human. Just like I cant voice my dislike for a race "freely" either.
Right. Because I presume you’re not racist? Religion isn’t a race. Im not sure what you’re getting at

Infra-red

This piece is decent, from Jonathan Liew:

Broadcast rights trump human rights in Premier League's Newcastle battleground

And so, welcome to the new orthodoxies of English football. Saudi Arabia is good. Amnesty International is bad. New signings are more important than murder, broadcast rights are more important than women’s rights, and a sense of basic humanity is ultimately expendable if you can scrape into next season’s Europa League. It’s a manifesto, to be sure. Just don’t expect anyone with a scintilla of decency to feel warmly about it.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...hts-in-premier-leagues-newcastle-battleground

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Right. Because I presume you’re not racist? Religion isn’t a race. Im not sure what you’re getting at
It's not a race but try and use your brain a little when given an example. You're free to disagree but in a tolerant society, not free to ridicule others race, religion or culture without consequences. Should not be able to anyway

Matst1

It's not a race but try and use your brain a little when given an example. You're free to disagree but in a tolerant society, not free to ridicule others race, religion or culture without consequences. Should not be able to anyway
Feck me, spoken like a true entitled religious nut job. Try to use my brain? Mate, if you used even 1% of your brain you’d be dangerous.

Why are you bringing in race and culture? religion is different, it’s an ideology. It’s dangerous. It’s why we still have wars and beheadings in the fecking street, stoning people for adultery etc. And the people who organize that sort of thing want to come and buy a great English club in Newcastle Untied. Feck that.

shamans

Feck me, spoken like a true entitled religious nut job. Try to use my brain? Mate, if you used even 1% of your brain you’d be dangerous.

Why are you bringing in race and culture? religion is different, it’s an ideology. It’s dangerous. It’s why we still have wars and beheadings in the fecking street, stoning people for adultery etc. And the people who organize that sort of thing want to come and buy a great English club in Newcastle Untied. Feck that.
Yeah Hitler and Stalin were religious weren't they. Like I said, use your brain for a change and quit listening to the ignorant people who have been feeding you BS. Wars stem from a fight for power and supremacy not religion. You're gonna make your life much easier if you decide to think critically instead.

Matst1

Yeah Hitler and Stalin were religious weren't they. Like I said, use your brain for a change and quit listening to the ignorant people who have been feeding you BS. Wars stem from a fight for power and supremacy not religion. You're gonna make your life much easier if you decide to think critically instead.
Being told to think critically by someone who believes in god. Brilliant. Not going to waste my time on you, you’re lost mate. Nice chatting with you, enjoy your delusion. Good luck.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
You're free to disagree but in a tolerant society, not free to ridicule others race, religion or culture without consequences. Should not be able to anyway
Or football fandom. Or their favourite films.

We'll get that utopia sometime, because fecking Cats rule.

Slysi17

My view is that all people in the world should be able to freely choose to be religious or not. Whether that is musilm or christianity. I personally think it's horrible that people are beheaded if they denounce their Muslim faith if that is what happens. It's barbaric and shouldn't happen. I don't care if people disagree as it's just plain wrong.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
My view is that all people in the world should be able to freely choose to be religious or not. Whether that is musilm or christianity. I personally think it's horrible that people are beheaded if they denounce their Muslim faith if that is what happens. It's barbaric and shouldn't happen. I don't care if people disagree as it's just plain wrong.
It was barbaric through the ages. Now that were in the modern era where science almost puts an end to the idea of an immortal god it's murder because you are not following the party line per say.
Madness that it's any way done these days and its worse if its accepted.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
I have a question, with all the money in the world, why is Saudi's pirating Live matches? Is this just to damage Qatar Bein Sports or there is some religious law against sports channel? Or it is fake allegations by Bein sports?

JohnnyLaw

I have a question, with all the money in the world, why is Saudi's pirating Live matches? Is this just to damage Qatar Bein Sports or there is some religious law against sports channel? Or it is fake allegations by Bein sports?
The former as far as I understand it.

Slysi17

It was barbaric through the ages. Now that were in the modern era where science almost puts an end to the idea of an immortal god it's murder because you are not following the party line per say.
Madness that it's any way done these days and its worse if its accepted.
Completely agree with everything you said there. It's even more messed up that people defend it. I couldn't believe there was a person defending it in this thread. I personally wouldn't want these people owning a football club in the premier league

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
beheading is based on an equal measurement that fits the crime. We've got courts and trustworthy religious scholars who've sustained their credibility over time. Whom aren't influenced by a state law and only follow the teachings of Quran and our prophet Mohamed ﷺ. We always judge the severity of the crime based on clear methods that are subtracted from Quran & Sunna. The 2 books that we tailored our constitution or 'Sharia law' from. Al Saud have no influence whatsoever on any cases that are brought to court and never sought to. Stop embracing yourself and never talk about a subject you don't know squat about. I couldn't careless and have never been intimidated by MBS or his father as I fear no man but God. %99.9 of Saudis want our country to be run this way and we live in peace and prosperity so what's your problem with that?
Do you believe that people who leave islam should be killed as the quran dictates?

Brightonian

The scary thing for me is that if the incredibly muted objections from the media and league lawmakers (I've seen a total of two articles) are anything to go by, once it is a fait accompli and effectively irreversible, it will quickly become a 'radical', fringe view that they aren't fit and proper owners or that anyone should care.

International assassination? Get over it already.
Hundreds of state-sponsored murders every year? You're just don't want competition for Champions League places.
Torturing and executing minors? Hey, your American owners are greasy capitalists just in it for the money, you can't talk.
Crucifying homosexuals? This investment is good for the league if we want to watch the best players and compete for the Champions League.
Activists, journalists, and even diplomats imprisoned for decades without trial? This is football, stop bringing politics into it.

stevoc

What would the consequences be?

Plus where do we draw the line?

In a tolerant society people make fun of Scientologists all the time. Same would and probably does happen to someone who still believe in the Greek Gods, Roman Gods or the Jedi religion or any other religion thats out there.

Abdullah7

Hang on, can you please confirm. Is it illegal to denounce Islam in Saudi Arabia? If I was there and said "I don't believe in the Qur'an and Allah," would that put me in any danger?
It's ok if you've kept it to yourself or your circle of friends, family and such. It becomes illegal when you go all out through social media to get some attention as it would have bigger ramifications. It might cause an unrest in society which will lead to chaos and unstable environment where normal people need to socialize with each other. So the bigger the impact you might cause the bigger the calculation of your sentence will be. If your act was meant to influence a group of people to go against what the majority of the public value and have high regard for. It could be seen as an attempt to terrorize or destabilize the country by the government and if it was to be you will most certainly get more than a little slap on the hand.

Unless you are a male Sunni, you essentially have no rights in Saudi. Saudi law is a joke: corrupt, biased and unfair.
Nonsense. I know a lot of non Sunnis that got free scholarships to the US, UK and other countries. They were each paid a good amount of salary every month for the whole period and ultimately came back and got government jobs. Matter fact once upon a time I was sharing a house with 5 different people from Saudi Arabia in Santa Barbara, California, and I was the only Sunni there. I've traveled to different parts of the US ever since and noticed the big number of non Sunnis under the Saudi's scholarship program. So unless you've experienced what you said I find it really hard to believe.

99% of male, straight, muslim saudis might. I find even that doubtful though. 99% of confused, morally bankrupt, shitbags seems closer to mark.
You dont live in peace your government is commiting genocide in yemen you clown. Its murdering its citizens in Turkey and chopping them into pieces, fecking Osama Bin Laden is from Saudi Arabia along with most of the hijackers of 9/11. Your customs and laws are medieval
WOW

Calm down mate. So when the US got attacked by terrorists it was ok for them to infiltrate Afghanistan and push the whole country to war, civil war, poverty, chaos and genocide. If you replaced the word Afghanistan to Iraq you'd get to the same conclusion. what's your opinion of the UK's alliance to aid both of these wars?

However, when our southern border gets attacked by terrorists in which the Yemenis government couldn't contain. We are supposed to sit and watch!! Unless the Iranian funded militia group surrender the Saudi army will not back down.

Osama bin laden was created by the US. I think it's a common knowledge these days. He actually attacked Saudi Arabia 10 more times than the US and was telling his peers that al Saudi aren't Muslims anymore. He bombed our Ministry of Interior, Abqaiq oil refinery and a lot more if you want to look it up.

Every country has it share of bad apples.The IRA, Uni bomber, ETA and so on.

Stop embracing yourself, guys.
Thanks for correcting my grammar if you do it so often I might pay you by the hour. Keep it up pal.

Well there you go. Sharia law is definitely discriminatory towards non muslims, so you really can't claim there isn't discrimination going on when discrimination is pretty much the law. Its like the confederate arguing there's no discrimination going on because black people aren't defined as human.

Justice is the essence of Shari'a. Then, It diverts from the Quran, teachings of our prophet Mohamed ﷺ and the consensus of scholars. Every dispute you can think of can be found in these diversions. Islam was descended from Allah ﷻ to make sense and was followed in its early years by the poor and the weak. So how is it discriminatory? if it was it should have sided with the rich and noble to be a tool to deprive the poor but it wasn't. It was the complete opposite and that's one of many reasons that Islam makes sense and that's why more than 1.8 billion people in the world are Muslims.

Last edited:

stevoc

It's ok if you've kept it to yourself or your circle of friends, family and such. It becomes illegal when you go all out through social media to get some attention as it would have bigger ramifications. It might cause an unrest in society which will lead to chaos and unstable environment where normal people socialize with each other. So the bigger the impact you might cause will be calculated to you're sentence. If your act was meant to influence a group of people to go against what the majority of the public value and have high regard for. It could be seen as an attempt to terrorize the country by the government and if it was to be you most certainly will get more than a little slap on the hand.
:lol:

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I'm glad they never bought us but now wondering who is left that could potentially buy us?
I'm not sure. From a professional pov, I don't see any value in buying a football club for £4bn+. What can happen in institutions.investors buying portions of the shares. I can't see anyone buying us outright.

shamans

What would the consequences be?

Plus where do we draw the line?

In a tolerant society people make fun of Scientologists all the time. Same would and probably does happen to someone who still believe in the Greek Gods, Roman Gods or the Jedi religion or any other religion thats out there.
What is the cinsequence of throwing a racial slur? If someone is a genuine believer of a certain religion (that does not infringe in your rights) then we shouldnt make fun of them. If we do, we shouldnt expect them to like us. If you wanna have a billion people not like you then go ahead and make fun of Islam.

I think that alone is a consequence bad enough. Alienating1/7th of the worlds population.

shamans

Being told to think critically by someone who believes in god. Brilliant. Not going to waste my time on you, you’re lost mate. Nice chatting with you, enjoy your delusion. Good luck.
Yeah, being abused by a 14 year old reddit stage 3 atheist who probably read his first copy of Dawkins and thinks he's an intellect now.

Feel sad for your delusion. Use the limited IQ you have.

Dick Dastardly

Supports
Wrexham

macheda14

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

shamans

This is why i suggest people spend more than half a minute to see what Quran actually states than going by surface level wiki searches thats not even the Quran

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Great. Just what we need, another City type project to push us further down the pecking order. Fark off.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Mods, request all the religious discussion is moved to a proper thread and not derail this thread. It may be mutually exclusive but some of this is certainly distracting from the OP.

Dick Dastardly

Supports
Wrexham
Apologies MrMarcello.

This is why i suggest people spend more than half a minute to see what Quran actually states than going by surface level wiki searches thats not even the Quran
I have never read the Quran, don’t intend to start, and didn’t say what was in it. I simply pointed out that Saudi Arabia (the country buying Newcastle) believe it is acceptable to kill people because of their religion. They are not fit to run an EPL club.

macheda14

Apologies MrMarcello.

I have never read the Quran, don’t intend to start, and didn’t say what was in it. I simply pointed out that Saudi Arabia (the country buying Newcastle) believe it is acceptable to kill people because of their religion. They are not fit to run an EPL club.
You said ‘as the Quran dictates’. So yes you did say what was in it.

“Do you think people should protest the funerals of homosexual men as the Bible dictates?” (Westboro Baptist Church)

SuperiorXI

Is there any chance that this will be stopped? Doesn't look like it.

Surely this will create too much of an imbalance if the wealth numbers are anything to go by... feels like the PL going to gradually turn into Ligue 1.

Dick Dastardly

Supports
Wrexham
You said ‘as the Quran dictates’. So yes you did say what was in it.

“Do you think people should protest the funerals of homosexual men as the Bible dictates?” (Westboro Baptist Church)
I think you are choosing to misinterpret what I said.. Read it again. I said Wiki says S Arabia is one of 13 country’s happy to kill you for religion. That is unacceptable. I have no tolerance for religious nut jobs regardless of which book they read. They shouldn’t be in the EPL.

parkthebuslads

Yes but the Quran doesn’t dictate that
Genuine question, I havn't read the book, but is this not an accurate translation?

4:89 They wish you would disbelieve as they disbelieved so you would be alike. So do not take from among them allies until they emigrate for the cause of Allah. But if they turn away, then seize them and kill them wherever you find them and take not from among them any ally or helper.

caid

So Newcastle ....
They played something like this last season

Dubravka
Fernandez Lascalles Clark
Manquillo Hayden Longstaff Rose
Almiron Joelinton Saint-Maxim

Any of them good enough to be there for a push into the top 6?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.