Saudis taking over Newcastle | Maybe not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
I know we're not meant to discuss politics or religion but there's a lot of misinformation about this here so it'll be my only post. I'm not muslim and have no stake in this but you can't cut out a piece of a verse from the quran and ignore the rest and destroy the context.

For the first verse quoted look at verses 4:88-4:91 as a whole. Verse 4.90 makes an exception for those people who leave and pose no threat. It also makes an exception for those who are part of a tribe, community or nation that have relations with the muslim community.

"Except for those who take refuge with a people between yourselves and whom is a treaty or those who come to you, restraining their hearts at [the prospect of] fighting you.......so if they withdraw from you and do not fight you or offer you peace then Allah has not made a cause for you to fight them" 4:90

Verse 4:91 which you only quoted in part goes on to describe those who do not offer you peace and will look to fight you

"So if they do not withdraw from you or offer you peace or restrain their hands, then seize them and kill them wherever you overtake them. And those - We have made for you against them a clear authorization." 4:91

Verses 9:66 is in relation to a specific group of people at the supposed time of Muhammed that followed him but were only pretending to be muslims ("Hypocrites") and it mentions punishment in the afterlife.

So actually there is nothing in the quran that states that apostasy is punishable by death.
Well considering that Prophet and his disciples were violent expansionists who sought to rule over others and impose their law on to them it's not surprising they would not be greeted with meakly surrender. They were slavers as well.

redshaw

The investigation will probably go like this.

Are they bringing money into the UK?

Answer: Yes

macheda14

Well considering that Prophet and his disciples were violent expansionists who sought to rule over others and impose their law on to them it's not surprising they would not be greeted with meakly surrender. They were slavers as well.
I’m intrigued, do you dislike all religions or just Islam?

Gehrman

I’m intrigued, do you dislike all religions or just Islam?
No I don't dislike all religions. I chose to be a buddhist when I was 19, but have now given up as a practioner, but I still believe in the core buddhist teachings. Of the worlds 5 biggest religions Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Judaism and Buddhism, I dislike Islam the most, and by that I mean the teachings and the icons and embodiments of the teachings. I don't like or dislike the average muslim anymore than atheists or people who practice another religion.

My grandparents were English christian missionaries in China btw.

Last edited:
Right then, obviously my comment yesterday offended and hurt far more people than the one i intended to, which was stupid and thoughtless of me and rightfully deserves criticism. Saudi Arabia's problem isn't the quran or their religion. Its that they're ruled by tyrants and psychopaths (like many other countries throughout the world). I think its fair game to mock and disrespect the various theologies and interpretations of the region as i do about every other religious institution whom i don't like in principle. I accept that others view this differently and theres a wide community of posters on this board who deserve better than to be mocked and disrespected as they were. I apologise for that. Theres better company to make them comments in and better places to discuss it.

So Newcastle ....
They played something like this last season

Dubravka
Fernandez Lascalles Clark
Manquillo Hayden Longstaff Rose
Almiron Joelinton Saint-Maxim

Any of them good enough to be there for a push into the top 6?
Lots of people rate Dubravka because of the shear magnitude of saves he's forced to make but honestly he lets in a ton of soft ones. Two seasons in a row Martial's beaten him with a shot that has no business going in. Not good in the air either.

Lascelles could be good when he doesn't have to do much other than sit deep and defend. Their other centrebacks are made to look better than they are by their system but don't think they would be able to challenge for top 6 with them. Hayden could stay as a squad player, been one of their better players. Longstaff has been horrific this year.

Almiron is good enough if they actually play him as a central attacking midfielder rather than out on the wing where he's useless (Bruce finally came around to this incredible idea a few weeks before the seasons was stopped and he'd already looked miles better). ASM is also quite dynamic and creative, just puts his head down too much. Those two are their only decent attackers who have been made to look shit by the fact that no Newcastle defender or midfielder can actually get them the ball (combination of shit players and Bruce's dinosaur tactics) and they end up having to pick it up in their own half.

Bin the rest. Joelinton especially is one of the worst footballers I've ever witnessed at this level. Bruce's tactics do him no favors but at least with the others you can see flashes of ability, Joelinton only looks good when he accidentally trips past someone.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
I don't see fox news dude.

The hadith clearly opens up for acceptance of punishment and capital punishment for apostacy. ""It is not permissible to spill the blood of a Muslim except in three [instances]: A life for a life; a married person who commits adultery; and one who forsakes his religion and separates from the community."
Which Hadith is this. What is the source. Where is the context. I am not going to bother discussing religion on here and frankly, with the views you hold I doubt there will be much of an improvement. You're going to lift quotes you find online, which if even accurate were part of law in 7th century Arabia -- there's no point to discuss.

shamans

No I don't dislike all religions. I chose to be a buddhist when I was 19, but have now given up as a practioner, but I still believe in the core buddhist teachings. Of the worlds 5 biggest religions Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Judaism and Buddhism, I dislike Islam the most, and by that I mean the teachings and the icons and embodiments of the teachings. I don't like or dislike the average muslim anymore than atheists or people who practice another religion.

My grandparents were English christian missionaries in China btw.
Ironically, for being such an intellect, your mind has already been framed to dislike Islam. You can also twist Bhuddism into something negative and the gullible will buy it just as you have with Islam.

Gehrman

Which Hadith is this. What is the source. Where is the context. I am not going to bother discussing religion on here and frankly, with the views you hold I doubt there will be much of an improvement. You're going to lift quotes you find online, which if even accurate were part of law in 7th century Arabia -- there's no point to discuss.
https://web.archive.org/web/2017091...ious-texts/hadith/muslim/016-smt.php#016.4152

https://www.pewforum.org/2013/04/30...ligion-politics-society-beliefs-about-sharia/

I guess you're right, there is no point in arguing with a person who thinks the historical person Muhammed was completely non-divine flawed warlord.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
I saw some posts about homosexuality and atheism in KSA and some denial about the consequences, here's a good article:

LGBT, atheist, and otherwise dissenting voices on social networks in places like Saudi Arabia are incredibly vulnerable to the doxxing of personal information. It’s such a popular activity among the truly devout and sociopathic that there’s now an app that lets you report atheists directly to Saudi cops. Doxxing is unpleasant anywhere, but Saudi Arabia is one of the few places where it can easily get you imprisoned, or worse.

I’ve known about Saudi doxxing for years, but the severity of the problem was made clear earlier this year, when a Twitter user known as @old_gaes incited his followers to report a 16-year-old Kuwaiti atheist’s identity to her family. (The story was detailed by the Daily Beast’s Ben Collins here.)

I, along with others, implored people to report him, but his account and the threats he made to this child’s safety remained up, until one intrepid user found his insults against the Dubai police and threatened to report him in kind, causing him to deactivate. Ratting is a double edged sword.

Fear was the common thread among everyone I spoke to. That fear is made worse by the arbitrary way in which the state metes out punishment. A vocal atheist or gay person may get lashes, imprisonment, execution, or a slap on the wrist, depending on how powerful the clan they belong to is, whether they’re connected to the sharia judge or not, and how angry hardliners are at their transgression.

Before the state gets involved, punishment for straying from the narrow path of acceptability is frequently dealt out by families and Saudi society at large.

Families usually make an attempt to bring atheists back to the light of belief by bringing in an imam before resorting to other measures, but it’s more perilous if their sexuality is what offends. “Your family will harm you if you bring shame to them,” Rebecca, an atheist student, told me. “Being LGBT is more shameful and harder to hide.”

Privately-administered punishments for LGBT family members range from essentially imprisoning them in their own homes to exiling them, from corporal punishments to death. In one case I was told of, a girl who was found to be gay was shot by members of her own family. They told the authorities that she died cleaning a gun, an explanation apparently acceptable to everyone.

Young people in Saudi Arabia are not automatons who pray five times a day and wait to get married. They have lives, relationships, and the same dramas that kids anywhere else do. They drink, smoke, and have sex, despite the laws of the land. They usually do so in compound parties, big soirees where clans invite their friends over to their walled-off estates, mostly away from the prying eyes of the public. But if you’re a nonbeliever or LGBT, even this isn’t a safe option. To be caught drinking is one thing, but if the authorities who bust up the party take your phone and see that you’re an atheist or gay, it becomes a whole different set of problems.

For Sarah, an atheist and lesbian minor, the solution is easy: To avoid the ire of Saudi society, she avoids Saudi society. “The pretending is somewhat easy. I just avoid interacting with people when I can.”
https://theconcourse.deadspin.com/your-app-isnt-helping-the-people-of-saudi-arabia-1790198445

Last edited:

Gehrman

Ironically, for being such an intellect, your mind has already been framed to dislike Islam. You can also twist Bhuddism into something negative and the gullible will buy it just as you have with Islam.
No you can't actually. Siddharta Gautama and Muhammed led completely opposing lives. Siddhartha was a crown prince of a powerful warrior caste who chose to be a renunciate to give up worldy affairs in order to pursue a yogic path to understand ultimate truth. One the other hand Muhammed was a nobody who became a powerfull ruler and revered as a prophet.

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
No more religious talk on here, folks - this is not a thread about Islam. As others have said, we have plenty of threads on CE forum if you want to continue your debates.

shamans

No you can't actually. Siddharta Gautama and Muhammed led completely opposing lives. Siddhartha was a crown prince of a powerful warrior caste who chose to be a renunciate to give up worldy affairs in order to pursue a yogic path to understand ultimate truth. One the other hand Muhammed was a nobody who became a powerfull ruler and revered as a prophet.
I can but I'm not going to go down that route. You speak as a very ignorant person, which again is ironic given how much you seem to pride yourself with an "informed" mind.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Right then, obviously my comment yesterday offended and hurt far more people than the one i intended to, which was stupid and thoughtless of me and rightfully deserves criticism. Saudi Arabia's problem isn't the quran or their religion. Its that they're ruled by tyrants and psychopaths (like many other countries throughout the world). I think its fair game to mock and disrespect the various theologies and interpretations of the region as i do about every other religious institution whom i don't like in principle. I accept that others view this differently and theres a wide community of posters on this board who deserve better than to be mocked and disrespected as they were. I apologise for that. Theres better company to make them comments in and better places to discuss it.

So Newcastle ....
They played something like this last season

Dubravka
Fernandez Lascalles Clark
Manquillo Hayden Longstaff Rose
Almiron Joelinton Saint-Maxim

Any of them good enough to be there for a push into the top 6?
Honestly there will be big changes.

Of all those I only see Saint-Maxim as potentially a top 6 player. The rest are solid Prem.and

Gehrman

I can but I'm not going to go down that route. You speak as a very ignorant person, which again is ironic given how much you seem to pride yourself with an "informed" mind.
I don't feel any compulsion to regard all religions equally, like I don't feel any compulsion to regard all political theories and systems equally since they are all very different and have very different pro's and con's.

If Rumi and not Muhammed was considered the embodiment of the best muslim, It's whole different kettle of fish, but Muhammed and company were not Sufis. I don't think have made any claims of being a vastly informed person and prided myself on that. I have had an interest in philosophy and religion since I was very young though.

Dick Dastardly

Supports
Wrexham
Penna has asked for this topic to be religion free. Good, it’s not about religion. It’s about whether head choppers should run a great EPL club.

Fahad Jawaid

Prophet Muhammad was not a nobody, infact he was part of the most powerful tribe in Saudia Arabia which was called Banu Hashim. His family at that time were all worshipers of idols. He choose to cast aside the life of his forefathers knowingly that he will have all the Arabs along with his family turn on him which they did.

It also took him 21 years of struggle to become a conqueror. Please don't spread mis-information as you clearly don't know anything about this subject and your hatred is apparent from your posts.

P.S: Sorry mods, i felt compelled to correct him and going off topic.

Regarding this take over, i am excited to see who will lead their side. If they appoint a good coach it won't take them long to be among top 4. City took time because honestly Sven and Mark Hughes were never gona take them to the top.

Gehrman

Prophet Muhammad was not a nobody, infact he was part of the most powerful tribe in Saudia Arabia which was called Banu Hashim. His family at that time were all worshipers of idols. He choose to cast aside the life of his forefathers knowingly that he will have all the Arabs along with his family turn on him which they did.

It also took him 21 years of struggle to become a conqueror. Please don't spread mis-information as you clearly don't know anything about this subject and your hatred is apparent from your posts.

P.S: Sorry mods, i felt compelled to correct him and going off topic.

Regarding this take over, i am excited to see who will lead their side. If they appoint a good coach it won't take them long to be among top 4. City took time because honestly Sven and Mark Hughes were never gona take them to the top.
I'm sorry, when I said a "nobody" it was not meant to call him a loser, it was meant to say that he was initially unsuccesfull in his endeavour in the ealier stages of his life as opposed to the latter stages of his life. Thanks for correcting me anyway.

It's not hatred to call a warlord a warlod or a slaver a slaver when it is a historical fact.

shamans

Well I'm done debating religion on here but its a shame that people are using saudi family as a medium for their dislike towards Islam. Same people probably wonder why Muslim communities struggle to blend in certain western cities.

shamans

I'm sorry, when I said a "nobody" it was not meant to call him a loser, it was meant to say that he was initially unsuccesfull in his endeavour in the ealier stages of his life as opposed to the latter stages of his life. Thanks for correcting me anyway.

It's not hatred to call a warlord a warlod or a slaver a slaver when it is a historical fact.
Like I said, im done debating but if you were at least a critical reader you would consider your sources for "warlord". If you believe this from a source, youve essentially verified them. Are you then ready to believe other claims from the source?

No need to answer me but you hopefully see how silly you sound right now.

Gehrman

Like I said, im done debating but if you were at least a critical reader you would consider your sources for "warlord". If you believe this from a source, youve essentially verified them. Are you then ready to believe other claims from the source?

No need to answer me but you hopefully see how silly you sound right now.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_career_of_Muhammad

https://www.historynet.com/muhammad-the-warrior-prophet.htm

What biography of Muhammed would you recommend that is considered by historians and religious scholars to be the most authentic? I promise, I will read it. I have the time.

Fahad Jawaid

Well I'm done debating religion on here but its a shame that people are using saudi family as a medium for their dislike towards Islam. Same people probably wonder why Muslim communities struggle to blend in certain western cities.
Exactly, infact i dislike Saudis just as much as all of you. They just happened to be the guardians of the two most holiest places for muslims and a place of berth of Prophet muhammad, and where a vast history for the religion belongs to.

I don't like islam being compared to saudis and measured in the same vein. Laslty, its sad that this thread became a tool to criticise a specific religion because of Saudis and the mods continued to let it happen through out the thread. Without clamping it down.

MDFC Manager

These guys are going to get serious bang for their buck in the transfer market next window or 2.
With the financial climate as it is, and oil prices as they stand, I seriously doubt they're gonna splurge big money right away.

They'll probably consolidate gradually.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
With the financial climate as it is, and oil prices as they stand, I seriously doubt they're gonna splurge big money right away.

100 million is absolutely nothing to these guys and it would get them 2 or 3 class players with the right scouting. 100 million means more to us than it does to them now. I don’t think they would be in the middle of buying the club during the corona if they didn’t have a proactive plan and they’d have just sat back and watched how it all unfolded instead. I could be wrong but I personally see them splashing the cash for the next few years from the next window on.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.

Considering MBS bought a painting of equal worth of Newcastle, I don't think Public Investment Fund of Saudi Arabia will have any issue with spending huge amounts on players, if they are here to make a statement, considering they are worth more than 260 billion pounds. Oil prices will bounce back in 6 months.

Last edited:

Stacks

Look mate it's really not worth arguing about.I live in Ireland and I would say they are behind United, Liverpool,Arsenal, Chelsea, Leeds, Everton and Spurs.I have found plenty of Newcastle fans on my travels too.I believe they picked up a lot of new fans during the Keegan era.If you disagree thats fine.
No worries

La Vecchia Signora

Supports
Juventus
Reactions: Sultan

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
I wonder if people would feel the same if say the US government tried to buy a club (though that is not realistically possible)?

I mean, I hate the Saudis with a passion and deeply regret the fact that my religion's two holiest sites are there, but yea I also think there is plenty of whitewashing done over what western countries do and have done around the world while other countries become easy targets, and become used as basis for general bigotry.

If Saudis were taking over United I would protest that vehemently, and it would be right for anyone else too. But just wondering if the same stick will be used for other countries.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
I wonder if people would feel the same if say the US government tried to buy a club (though that is not realistically possible)?

I mean, I hate the Saudis with a passion and deeply regret the fact that my religion's two holiest sites are there, but yea I also think there is plenty of whitewashing done over what western countries do and have done around the world while other countries become easy targets, and become used as basis for general bigotry.

If Saudis were taking over United I would protest that vehemently, and it would be right for anyone else too. But just wondering if the same stick will be used for other countries.
I think most would considering being bought by Government is not correct and should not be allowed in sporting competition. There is no sense of competition left as no company out there can compete with a country.

It's not just Saudi appalling human rights issue which is an issue here.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Quit talking religion in this thread. Please PM or press the report function if this thread is derailed any further. I will personally ban the culprit/s.

Saudi Arabia does not equate to Islam. The proposed buyers do not equate to the general population of Saudi Arabia.

Son

Nobody cares about which religion they follow.

All I care about is whether it is considered fair for these states to move in and buy our league.

I’d argue there are positives like local area infrastructure & an overall better product but we still don’t know the long-term effect in letting our sporting institutions fall one by one into state backed hands.

European football is also an incredibly dirty business too so you could argue they’d just buy a side abroad and sign the best players from our league anyways.

FIFA would need to step in to stop it but then we know based on the World Cup they actively encourage this practice.

Reactions: Sultan

MDFC Manager

100 million is absolutely nothing to these guys and it would get them 2 or 3 class players with the right scouting. 100 million means more to us than it does to them now. I don’t think they would be in the middle of buying the club during the corona if they didn’t have a proactive plan and they’d have just sat back and watched how it all unfolded instead. I could be wrong but I personally see them splashing the cash for the next few years from the next window on.
Considering MBS bought a painting of equal worth of Newcastle, I don't think Public Investment Fund of Saudi Arabia will have any issue with spending huge amounts on players, if they are here to make a statement, considering they are worth more than 260 billion pounds. Oil prices will bounce back in 6 months.
Oh I see where you guys are coming from, there's no denying these guys are loaded. I just don't think they'd splurge away though, just my prediction. For what it's worth, I was of this prediction even if they had bought us.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
The FFP ruling against Man City does bring a bit of hope that Newcastle won't be able to spend huge amounts through fudging their books but will have to find rational sources of revenue before being able to spend big.

Gehrman

I don't know. The goverment of the US at least changes through democratic elections, but goverments owning clubs is unfair competion. I guess I don't think any of us cared that Berlusconi owned AC Milan did we? He is/was a horrible bastard too.

Dick Dastardly

Supports
Wrexham
I don't know. The goverment of the US at least changes through democratic elections, but goverments owning clubs is unfair competion. I guess I don't think any of us cared that Berlusconi owned AC Milan did we? He is/was a horrible bastard too.
Berlusconi was a dodgy business man and enjoyed ADULT female company. I wouldn’t put him in the same league as the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

Status
Not open for further replies.