5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
He's a trier and I admire his effort but it's sad to have to cling to a player of his level for comfort.

JD United

He's one of very few positives from this season, shows more passion in his performaces than most players put together. Let's hope he can build on this season and become a player that can control the game for United.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
He showed again today that he is more a replacement for Herrera than Matic. Once Matic went off we lost what little control of midfield that we had as neither McTominay or Herrera are capable of being the 'playmaker'. Matic is nowhere near good enough at the role either, but he provides more there than the other two in that regard.

He was still arguably our best player today though.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He's fine. That workhorse you would hopefully have as your 5th/6th choice CM. Sadly on merit he's probably first choice which shows how poor our options seem to be.

kundalini

Although his goal was largely down to a goal-keeping error, Scott is starting to look like a genuine threat in the opposing box. The effort with his chest that was blocked, from Dalot's cross, was interesting. Doesn't seem to create anything but might be able to contribute a few goals if he features more often next season.

Web of Bissaka

Only he still remember how to score.
And a simple goal it is again, :lol: okay his 2 goals so far is a basic kind of goals.

I think he had 3 to 5 knock-out collisions today and damn, he stood back and continue playing.

Around the 5 min, was tackled hard to the ground, few minutes later, he hit 'em back with a goal. :keano:

Did many attempts to add more goals afterwards, played hard to the final whistle.

Why the hell is he playing as RM?!

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
He is far from the most urgent point that needs addressing.

Quite happy for him to stay and keep improving as a squad player.

Red_toad

He's fine. That workhorse you would hopefully have as your 5th/6th choice CM. Sadly on merit he's probably first choice which shows how poor our options seem to be.
Lad has played some very good games against major teams this season, that obviously isn't enough for sections of our fans. He's in the team on merit and actually looks like he belongs at a club the size of United.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
“Man of the Match” in the following five results:

2-1 vs Wolves
1-0 vs Barca
3-0 vs Barca
4-0 vs Everton
1-1 vs Huddersfield

Not a healthy trait to have: a trier in defeat.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Would get into Liverpool's midfield but not good enough for us?

Our problem is somewhere else (hint: weak attack, fullbacks).

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Wut? Surely you’re not serious?
He won me over from my previous position on him, but I think he’s quickly become ridiculously overrated whereby we have people in muppet threads including him in envisioned XIs for next season.

haram

He won me over from my previous position on him, but I think he’s quickly become ridiculously overrated whereby we have people in muppet threads including him in envisioned XIs for next season.
All of those elevens are fecking shit regardless of who is in them.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
All of those elevens are fecking shit regardless of who is in them.
I’m just amazed people want this guy playing every week and think that will be a side competing for top four even.

Dungarvanred

He's proved me wrong. He has more in his locker than I originally gave him credit for. He is much more than just a functional, keep it simple, neat and tidy, short pass and move, midfielder. He has strength, an ability to keep and play the ball from tight positions and a great positional sense, together with a great engine and an attitude that lots of the others could do with replicating . Hes a great prospect. I think he will have a decent career here after all if he continues his trajectory of improvement.

Sea-Cow

I was frustrated with his positioning today. I assume he is supposed to be similar to Pogba positionally, but on the opposite side of the pitch, but it just doesn't do him any favors. In the second-half especially he was playing like a right winger, which we can all agree he is not.

Saying that, I'm not exactly sure where his best position is. But it sure as F isn't on the right wing, looking to combine with AFY.

One thing I love about McTominay -- he actually shows balls on corners! It demonstrates so clearly that if you are even slightly harder than a wet paper bag, you might be able to scare teams on set pieces every one in a while.

Unfortunately, the rest of his teammates are f'ing worthless and only go forward for set-pieces out of muscle-memory. But don't expect one of them to make an effort to get on the end of things. They might have their shirts held, the little lambs. The other team is mean!

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
McTominay/Greenwood are the only i would keep from the younger generation of players.

It's very obvious that Chong is not first team material too.

Hughie77

The only one who seems to care, only one that looks proud he's wearing that shirt. Well done son, a regular starter next season, along with 2 more additions in Midfield.

IrishRedDevil

The Managers Player of the Year.

We all laughed and cringed when Jose made up this award for him. Turns out, he knew more than the rest of us.

Hopefully Scott continues to develop into a consistent player for us in the squad.Ability wise he's not the most obvious standout player in that regard.He's tidy,efficient and determined individual.
I think Scott knows how fortunate he is.You ask him how good he is and he'll likely return with a sensible ,modest answer.
He gets the club but he also gets himself.A bad result will effect him as he's aware of his own standards but also the teams.

Be more than happy to see him feature next season and steadily grow as a great option for the club in the heartbeat of the teams midfield.

AndersB

We all laughed and cringed when Jose made up this award for him. Turns out, he knew more than the rest of us.
Ironically, this is the year he actually deserves such an award. He's been the bright point in so many bad matches now, and he's shown development at quite a remarkable rate. He deals with pressure and tight spaces very well for his age, he makes few mistakes, he's contributing creatively at times, and he represents some goal threat too. Not to mention his fighting spirit (and how he seems to master some mini, in no way over-the-top dark arts). Happy for him. Saying he "knows how fortunate he's been" is bollocks. He has fought for it and earned it.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.

Jose knowing more than the rest of us is becoming a predictably recurring theme. He knew the attitude in the dressing was terrible, unfortunately you need more than 1 or 2 with the same attitude as McTominay.

AJ10

If only pogba and co (far,far more talented players) cared and were as determined as he is. Pathetic really.

Will be a really good squad player next season.

Ironically, this is the year he actually deserves such an award. He's been the bright point in so many bad matches now, and he's shown development at quite a remarkable rate. He deals with pressure and tight spaces very well for his age, he makes few mistakes, he's contributing creatively at times, and he represents some goal threat too. Not to mention his fighting spirit (and how he seems to master some mini, in no way over-the-top dark arts). Happy for him. Saying he "knows how fortunate he's been" is bollocks. He has fought for it and earned it.

Ofcourse he knows how fortunate he is.He actually comes off as a very self aware guy who knows how lucky he is to play for Manchester United.Its possibly for that reason he looks gutted every time we drop points as it clearly effects him. Thats the type of players we need more of at the club.Players who know they are lucky to represent the club and will fight for our cause.

R'hllor

Here is a thing, in match day thread, before a kick off, people in here in attempt to defend certain decisions, when it comes to young players, they come out with "they are not ready" or they are not good enough. Which is laughable to be honest.

Point never was about them being ready or not, good enough or not, it was always about players like McT and those younger ones, not being worse than those fecking seniors, you know those tested pros.

Dont understand why anybody would think that there is this claim for McT to be our limit. We should always aim for improvements but i rather have McT and those other kids in our squad even as squad players for time being then majority of overpaid lazy turds we have right now.

Acquire Me

I really rate McTominay. He could very well become a big player for us. Not limited as some here say.

POF

Was he upset or just playing on his phone? Probably following J-Lingz on social media and planning where they're going later.

Raven

McTominay/Greenwood are the only i would keep from the younger generation of players.

It's very obvious that Chong is not first team material too.
Whilst I agree on McTominay and Greenwood, why on earth have you made your decision on Chong? Hasn't even played a full half of league football yet. That's not even bringing Gomes into the discussion.

edgar allan

“Man of the Match” in the following five results:

2-1 vs Wolves
1-0 vs Barca
3-0 vs Barca
4-0 vs Everton
1-1 vs Huddersfield

Not a healthy trait to have: a trier in defeat.
It would be healthier if some of his team mates had helped him out in those games.

Status
Not open for further replies.