Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He is 24. He can't learn anymore to be creative, how to pass better and technical skills in general. He is our huge problem in attacking part of the game.and tbh, i don't see what he does that special in defence. Fred at least is everywhere on the pitch and covers much more
Why? Players play till 35 +. Peak years have pushed forward. Carrick didn’t get going properly till 26+.

Could we use an upgrade right now? Absolutely. Do I think Scott will get much better? Absolutely.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Yeah, shocker today. Pity. Was interested to see how he'd do in a Fredless situation.

lenny_1248

He's nowhere near the required quality to play for United (as a starting 11 player). It is just that simple.
He is a workhorse, but nothing more. His skills, passing etc. are atrocious.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Why? Players play till 35 +. Peak years have pushed forward. Carrick didn’t get going properly till 26+.

Could we use an upgrade right now? Absolutely. Do I think Scott will get much better? Absolutely.
You can learn tactical and mental stuff but skill you can't. You have it or you don't. He doesn't. And he is a midfielder, ffs. Maguire and Lindelof would be better on that position than him

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Not even going to entertain that with naming the obvious list of teams, other than by default you are actually saying that Scott would be in any team in the prem? I'd argue he wouldn't start for more than half......
Read again. I was agreeing with your Fulham point.

I said you could take a CM out of any team and he’d do the same job for us. He’s a dime a dozen bottom table midfielder.

Holocene

What club doesn’t have a midfielder who is capable of running around and trying hard while offering nothing on the ball?
Every club at top flight football has these players. They're dime a dozen.

He's an obvious upgrade in the summer.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Thought he was awful today. Just isn’t good enough at passing and plays way too safe.

think he’s a centre back really?

SinNombre

Well I like homegrown players but Scott will be sold in the next couple of seasons as we continue upgrading our team. Hopefully Watford can get promoted and Garner can get a full season in the top flight with them.

Dve

Not his best game, but with Fred´s absence, you still need that kind of player in the middle, aggressive and mobile. His passing was a bit off today. Our best midfield going forward, is probably Fred, Pogba and Fernandes.

Ollie Derbyshire

Think some comments are a bit harsh, not his best game but he wasn’t our worst player in that first half, far from it. Every team needs home grown squad players who can come in and out the team and not let you down. Scott is one of those players for us.

zenith

He's a very good squad option but we do need a upgrade at DM

-Supreme-

He's supposed to be DM but he's not great at defending as he lacks agility and pace.

And let's not go into his passing ability...

Devil may care

He was solid in the 2nd half but was run off too often in the first, but was also not helped by Pogba in that first half.

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
A couple of games with bad passing and today in the first half I did not see his usual fighting spirit in the middle of the park. Got better in the second half.

Good squad player. Nothing more, nothing less, but I do like him!

eire-red

I wish we could mould McTominay and Pogba together. He has a lot of good qualities, but his passing is inconsistent, easy passes too.

He still has an important part in this squad I believe. He's one of those players that you would hate playing against it you were the opposition. Him and Fred have a good understanding.

We're still short one quality "all rounder" in midfield though.

Sylar

Rubbish performance. His shot just wide was his best moment by far. Passing was careless.
Yeah id go with this, Fred is ahead of him in terms of that deeper role for midfielder. I think McT needs fred next to him to flourish

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Hes just so average. We need more quality in midfield and need to cut down our "is a good squad option" options. Mctominay seems to be the Fellaini of this team. Can be a great disrupter in the odd big game, but technically not at the necessary level. Also, like Fellaini he doesn't pass like a midfielder. His passing is what you'd expect from an old school CB.

marktan

I like him a lot but his strengths are opposites - great at winning the ball back and good around the box at finishing (he was a striker or attacker in the youth teams I believe?).

Dunno what it is but he needs to work on his passing, if he gets that up a level he'll be some player. I think it'll be a similar case to Darren Fletcher where with some improvement he'll eventually become a top player.

Augustus Gloop

I was really disappointed with him, he’s so much better than that. He made two particularly poor passes in the game that weren’t even difficult to make - both to Telles - he clearly putt fizz on them to increase the tempo but they ended up just coming off looking sloppy.

He can pass. He does it incredibly well for Scotland. But yesterday was just indefensible.

He’ll come again and look much better. Thank god we won...

United in sin

Lets be honest here, Gibson and Cleverly had more to their game than McTominay but we're in different times now with lower standards it seems. McTominay is as average as they come. Is he any much better than the likes of Sean Longstaff in pure ability? Would we be clamoring for his signature if he played for a lower PL club?

Baxter

He’s absolutely useless.

About 56 minutes in he spent ages on the ball with a couple of options open, only to pass to a white shirt. He’s nowhere near the level required to be in the middle of the pitch.

Roboc7

Headless chicken tonight, no idea why he wasn’t taken off. Has so much to learn about playing in midfield on and off the ball.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Not even good enough to play midfield for Scotland and we think he can be our next Roy Keane.

Idxomer

He's 24 now and not a young prospect any more. Definitely move him on in the summer but probably won't happen.
He has a contract that could keep him at the club till he's 30, who takes these decisions?

Dearg hÉireann

I admire his spirit and tenacity but he's extremely limited in ability for a midfielder at one of the so called top clubs.
He wouldn't get a start for any other big club who had aspirations to win titles. Along with lots of other United players, he's not good enough

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Can we stop with this experiment now please

Godfather

Not good enough to be starting in CM for us. Not if we want to win anything in the future

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
McTominay gives his all but is he that much better than John O'Shea was in centre midfield? His passing seems worse for sure.

Devil may care

Haven't read the thread, I saw he was in the 5 top rated players which I hope just reflects the shite going on from the bulk of the team, that CB partnership and CM partnership tonight was made up of second string level players. McTominay plays with guts and heart but that only takes you so far, we desperately need 2 CM's when Pogba goes.

El-Manos

The only time I've been impressed with him was against PSG with Fred in midfield.... Safe to say he shouldn't be starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.