5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Golden Nugget

Really good first half - massive improvement from him. His switching of play and his long balls were spot on.

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that it dropped a bit when Sancho came off and we lost our width

ManRed

His standards are so low that a decent performance seems great. Its a game where we barely had control and after the goal he dropped off when we need the midfield to maintain tempo and control on possession

united for life

His standards are so low that a decent performance seems great. Its a game where we barely had control and after the goal he dropped off when we need the midfield to maintain tempo and control on possession
:lol:

thought he had a decent first half though. Lot of urgency about him, faded during the second half. Not sure why vdb hasn’t already taken his place

RedIan

Very good today especially first half. Sharp lively and decisive. Our standout outfield player Today.

RUCK4444

Baffled by the huge praise to be honest. Fred’s defensive stats are off the charts for this game, meanwhile we are totally incapable of retaining possession and are played through with ease against bottom of the league teams.

He gives his all but definitely need to upgrade him imo. Fred needs to be partnered with a top level player, no doubt in my mind.

Not trying to p*ss on his parade, I like him, just don’t rate him as much as some.

KingCavani

Baffled by the huge praise to be honest. Fred’s defensive stats are off the charts for this game, meanwhile we are totally incapable of retaining possession and are played through with ease against bottom of the league teams.

He gives his all but definitely need to upgrade him imo. Fred needs to be partnered with a top level player, no doubt in my mind.

Not trying to p*ss on his parade, I like him, just don’t rate him as much as some.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Great performance. Would love it if he's most improved under Ralf. Would help us in our weakest position and previous weakest link. I'm gonna need 5 plus good games in a row though.

Bobski

You made a post in the match thread about him turning down forward passes, which was utter nonsense. That might be the most progressive passing game I have seen from him.

Too many of us(include myself) only see and recognize what fits our pre established views.

Bobski

thought he had a decent first half though. Lot of urgency about him, faded during the second half. Not sure why vdb hasn’t already taken his place
Because he isn't a deep midfielder, especially with a positionally suspect, instinctive presser like Fred alongside him.

RUCK4444

You made a post in the match thread about him turning down forward passes, which was utter nonsense. That might be the most progressive passing game I have seen from him.

Too many of us(include myself) only see and recognize what fits our pre established views.
Yeah was mid game and I stand by it. He played some more forward balls as it progressed but there were easy forward balls he turned down, granted he definitely was not the only one.

Scott is playing with a player in Fred who’s defensive output is as good as it gets (on his current form) and we get played through by every team in the league, if you think that’s good enough then fair enough keep giving him MOTM.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
2nd best player on the pitch after de Gea

I have been critical of him, but he has played well in both matches under new manager. He's trusting himself with the ball and is a lot more progressive in his passing. Hopefully, with enough time he'll start showing for the ball more.

Bobski

Yeah was mid game and I stand by it. He played some more forward balls as it progressed but there were easy forward balls he turned down, granted he definitely was not the only one.

Scott is playing with a player in Fred who’s defensive output is as good as it gets (on his current form) and we get played through by every team in the league, if you think that’s good enough then fair enough keep giving him MOTM.
Fred's ball winning and pressing is as good as it gets,( and don't get me wrong, I am loving what he has been doing recently, a fun player to root for) that doesn't mean he is an amazing defensive force, the same way that Carrick didn't need to make a ton of tackles to be very effective defensive shield.

Last edited:

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Because he isn't a deep midfielder, especially with a positionally suspect, instinctive presser like Fred alongside him.
Yes they don't complement each other and it's also true when we have the ball. They both need a good 6 that doesn't mind staying in position, is press resistant and has a good passing range.

I'm very critical of Scott, but he was good and our problems today were systemic ones.

RUCK4444

Fred's ball winning and pressing is as good as it gets, that doesn't mean he is an amazing defensive force, the same way that Carrick didn't need to make a ton of tackles to be very effective defensive shield.
When you play in the pivot with a player that has more than three times as many defensive actions as you then I fully expect you to be able to play a few balls forward against a weakened Norwich team, so that doesn’t make me think he was MOTM

People are praising him for delivering a performance that was better than his average, but his average is way too low for this team imo.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I don't get it either. He was better than his showing against Palace and not the worst outfield player on the pitch, I guess that's seen these days as progress. Still a long, long way to go for McTominay.

It was a dreadful performance by the vast majority of our players though so i'm probably being harsh.

Bobski

When you play in the pivot with a player that has more than three times as many defensive actions as you then I fully expect you to be able to play a few balls forward against a weakened Norwich team, so that doesn’t make me think he was MOTM

People are praising him for delivering a performance that was better than his average, but his average is way too low for this team imo.
We need to upgrade him, I don't disagree, but he is currently the best option we have for that role. If Matic was a few years younger, easy decision, but he is the only alternative.

Sell Donny, bring in an actual alternative, or hopefully an upgrade in deep midfield.

CloneMC16

His best game this season. First half was especially good. Some really nice passing and interceptions. I hope he can play like that much more often.

Andersons Dietician

He was really good day even with that bad habit of just jogging back when there is a threat. Unlucky DeGod was back or he would probably easily have been Motm

luke511

Great game today, you could see him thinking twice when the easy back pass was on and looking for the more progressive options, good coaching doing its work.

RUCK4444

I don't get it either. He was better than his showing against Palace and not the worst outfield player on the pitch, I guess that's seen these days as progress. Still a long, long way to go for McTominay.

It was a dreadful performance by the vast majority of our players though so i'm probably being harsh.
I’m not sure we are being harsh. I mean that was dreadful to watch, verging on sad, to not control any possession against that Norwich team who are missing players on top, just dreadful.

His partner in Fred having insane defensive numbers for tackles, ball retrieval and having high 90’s % for passing as well. Yet we can’t hold the ball or stop teams running through us?
Fred is stepping forward in fairness and if the opposition play out of our half-arsed pressing then Scott is on his own, so that plays a role.

The forwards today were dreadful. Even when Greenwood came on, I don’t remember him touching the ball. Against Norwich ffs.

RUCK4444

We need to upgrade him, I don't disagree, but he is currently the best option we have for that role. If Matic was a few years younger, easy decision, but he is the only alternative.

Sell Donny, bring in an actual alternative, or hopefully an upgrade in deep midfield.
Matic is the perfect player for us if he were 25. We have to get a top level player of that ilk, and Matic was that good.

The fact that performance is being called motm or second best player on the pitch for us literally makes me sad and tells a story about how far our midfield is away from top level.

We have to be able to control possession to give Ralf a chance of transitioning this squad into his style of play, first area of the pitch he needs to address (hopefully in January if we let him.)

Diamond Chap

Supports
Airdrieonians
Strong performance Scotty.
Good to see at least some of the posters here are recognising that.

Devil may care

He was our best outfield player in the first half, created a great chance for Ronaldo, drifted out the game a bit in the second.

Status
Not open for further replies.