5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkXaero

I'm not a fan of him at all but I thought he had a really good first half by his standards. Kinda went missing in the 2nd half though.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Best i’ve seen, after that europa final. Aggressive, full of energy, pressing in your face style.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I find it hard to believe all of his tackles were successful. Didn't he make a few fouls?
Anyway, I think this was a decent performance, but the game suited him. Surely gets another start if he's fit (rather exhausting game tonight).

Roboc7

One of his better performances but still not good enough and went missing a bit in the second half. For a change he passed ball forward pretty well but all the attackers were so poor it didn’t really matter.

TheReligion

Abusive
One of his better performances but still not good enough and went missing a bit in the second half. For a change he passed ball forward pretty well but all the attackers were so poor it didn’t really matter.
It was good enough.

The forwards were garbage

edgecutter

Don't see the "good" performance from Scott (includes many others aswell) because Norwich had the better of the game. If our midfielders had "good" performances I would have expected a comfortable win which didn't play out.

Was he better than normal? Yes, but that is only because he has been so poor.

Aouer-United

The best game he had and is also one of the best players against Norwich after De Gea but it wasn't enough for him to dictate the game. I hope he'll improve further.

Foxbatt

Don't see the "good" performance from Scott (includes many others aswell) because Norwich had the better of the game. If our midfielders had "good" performances I would have expected a comfortable win which didn't play out.

we did not have a comfortable win because 4 of our forwards were crap today. Sancho a little less son than the other three. As soon as they got the ball they lost possession and back they came at us. Without our midfield playing like that we would have lost this game. Well DeGea and our defence. We were playing 7 players actually.

Mainoldo

Good game man. Hopefully his confidence grows and he starts being more expressive.

bugmat

Sounds like you expect the midfielders to shield the back, provide for the attackers, and finish for them too. We weren't comfortable because 3 of the front 4 had mares. We created plenty but could barely finish our supper.

Trequarista10

Yeah Scott was very good today. Excellent in the first half, decent in the second. Better than Fred today, and that normally only happens when Fred has an absolute shocker, which he didn't today Scott was just better.

I've been critical of him recently, it's a shame some people are so adverse to him that they can't recognise when he plays well.

KingCavani

Glad you find it funny, personally I prefer to see Manchester United hold their own against bottom of the league teams who are riddled with injuries.
Yes, because that was McTominay’s fault…

Jesus christ, imagine seething with so much hatred for one of our own academy products that you’ll do anything to downplay what was a good performance. I can’t imagine what you’d have been coming out with if he struggled. He won possession back, he pushed the ball forward and it was his cross that led to the penalty. Still gets shit.

The agenda is stronger than reality for a lot of people.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Two good performance from Scott. I think in few months we could see a completely different player.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
He is not hugely talented but has a great physicue (should improve his stamina though and workrate a bit more).

If like the reports suggested, he's hungry to learn and improve under good coaching, he could at least be a very good squad player. He seemed a bit defensive in that recent interview though over square passing.

Bestietom

The movement from midfield to forwards is atrocious. Sideways and backwards passing isn't going to win you games. We need to get the ball to the forwards quicker.
Rashford just keeps losing the ball when he does get it, and Sancho should be getting into more space to receive the ball. Fernandes has gone backwards this season.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
What were his stats like? Felt like he was much more involved than usual. His biggest weakness has always been not getting on the ball enough. Seemed like that didn’t happen today.
64 touches, 7 "progressive" passes (including 2 that led to shooting opportunities), 4 "progressive" carries w/ the ball, 90+ % pass accuracy.

Statistically one of his best performances this season, no doubt about it.

ETA For context, he had the most progressive passes in the team tied with Sancho. Defensively, he was statistically good too, leading the team in both tackles (tied w/ Telles and Fred) and blocks.

(4th in pressing).

Last edited:

Idxomer

He was good yesterday, a shame all of our forwards decided to have another off day.

Good cross for the penalty too.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I thought it was a poor cross, was way over Ronny's head

But yeah he played well
It wasn't good cross for Ronaldo but very good cross for Bruno, shocking miss by Bruno.

Zoo

One of his better games he needs to do this regularly now.

RUCK4444

Yes, because that was McTominay’s fault…

Jesus christ, imagine seething with so much hatred for one of our own academy products that you’ll do anything to downplay what was a good performance. I can’t imagine what you’d have been coming out with if he struggled. He won possession back, he pushed the ball forward and it was his cross that led to the penalty. Still gets shit.

The agenda is stronger than reality for a lot of people.
You calling me the one with an agenda is literally funny. I regularly post that I like Scott, I have no agenda, he’s just not good enough like a few others at this club.

He had what 2 successful tackles? Meanwhile we get walked through whilst his midfield partner makes three times as many defensive actions and is playing out of his skin. I genuinely don’t get what the fuss was over his performance yesterday, nobody on that pitch in a United kit deserved any praise apart from De Gea and Fred to an extent.

He wasn’t the worst yesterday, I pointed out people like you are creaming themselves over the fact he played a bit better than he usually does in a game we were absolutely SHITE against the bottom of the league team who are ravaged by missing players. Your expectations are low for our midfield.

roonster09

Scout

Very good game, played some nice passes to wings and between the lines.

roonster09

Scout
He had what 2 successful tackles?
Not sure how they measure that but it was more than that. In the performance video you can see him winning tackle 3 times within first 15 seconds, one more tackle at 1:22.

As per fbref, McT and Fred won 4 tackles, 10 blocks, 12 times he recovered loose balls.

Maybe his best this season, he looked good with his passing breaking the lines and spreading the ball to wings.

tomaldinho1

Hopefully this is just going to become how we play now. McT us had some terrible games but I don’t think he was getting a huge amount of direction, it will be interesting if he steps up a level now.

Kostov

Same as his partner I think he did well in a match we lacked control and DDG had to bail us out. However I am not sure how can you assert any control when Bruno plays like he did and you have Rashford on the cherry top. If it wasn’t DDG Scott was probably our best player imo.

stoinz

He played really well. Like many of us already suspected there is a good player in there. The problem is, he is limited as a player. But if you play him in the right formation with strict instructions he has the strength to excel. He seems suited in this position. My worry now is injury, the way he and Fred play are very physically demanding and other than Matic (I'm assuming Pogba and Lingard are competing for the no 10s position) we don't really have any proven backup.

But that said I'm really looking forward to his growth under Rangnick. I really hope he can step up this season!

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
He was great yesterday. Not his problem that our forwards were shit. Credit where it's due.

Actually think he might have a future here.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20

Very good game, played some nice passes to wings and between the lines.
Reiterates the same point. Look at the number of promising positions the midfielders got us into only to be fecked up completely by the front 3 (Sancho was decent ). They just didn't knew what to do in the final third.

roonster09

Scout
Reiterates the same point. Look at the number of promising positions the midfielders got us into only to be fecked up completely by the front 3 (Sancho was decent ). They just didn't knew what to do in the final third.
Yeah attacking 4 had very poor game, like you said Sancho was decent.

romufc

He had a very good game IMO. He kept getting the ball and fizzing it into Dalot, then when it went to the forwards it broke down.

If he continues to play like that, not many will have complaints. The forwards need to step up now.

Litch

Thought he played well yesterday. People just hate him and Fred. What happened to no more McFred with the new manager? Makes laugh, people still think they need replacing but get use to them cause I don't think they are going nowhere....

lex talionis

McTominay put in a much better shift against Norwich. But even his fiercest defenders here would have to acknowledge that it was well above his typical performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.