5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

DON’T PANIC ™

Fortunately, Burnley’s midfield was non existent so he was afforded plenty of space. Took his goal and other chances well, but I remain unconvinced.

Top class performance tonight.

Spraying balls all over the pitch, long range shots all on target, tackles in the middle of the pitch, shrugging off players while driving with the ball, Yaya-like.

jem

Fantastic tonight. So much better when he’s playing a more attacking role.

Atheist

He could be what Fletcher was for us, just needs to improve on his passing.

CloneMC16

Played very well. He's been doing well recently. His ball carrying and shooting tonight was fantastic.

Ekeke

I said previously that a lot of the time he goes down when hes gone past a player and they give him contact, today he muscled through several of those challenges. He still won 5 freekicks, but that was more to do with his higher workrate and making sure he was more involved in the game. So even when he tried to stay on his feet and continue moves he still got fouled a bunch of other times doing other things

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Always plays so much better when given license to go forward. It’s the same with Fred which is why we struggle so much sometimes.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
I’ve said 100 times he is best used as an advanced #8 and that he needs a holding player alongside him. Yet to see anything to disprove that. Great performance tonight.

Dan_F

There’s no choice at the moment but him and Fred can’t play together in a successful team, despite both having good characteristics that RR would like. They’re both box to box number 8’s with weaknesses with their passing, but McTominay is a mile better around the box.

Whether he can play that level against the top teams I’m really not sure, but plenty of midfielders have matured at a much later age than him.

BuzzKillington

It’s all 5’s and 8’s with McTominay, and sadly it’s more 5’s than 8’s (I’m actually a McTom fan too). Need to see some consistency from him, he has the ability as seen tonight, but we need to see tonight’s level much more often.

He always comes across well when interviewed and he’d be future captain material if he can develop some consistency and get a couple of seasons behind him, showing tonight’s kind of level.

Idxomer

Offensively he was great but he still leave a lot to be desired while defending.

edgecutter

If you don't see the value of Mctominay in the squad you're a fecking idiot
We're 19 points off city with mctominay playing nearly every game.

He's a good squad option, but we will never challenge with him in our midfield

LARulz

He is a box to box player, but not good defensively and can be hit and miss going forward. Need a proper defensive midfielder next to him if he is to keep playing

Ollie Derbyshire

Always plays so much better when given license to go forward. It’s the same with Fred which is why we struggle so much sometimes.
Yeah, both are much better pushing forward, it’s Matic who needs replacing as he’s our only true CDM.

432JuanMata

I always compare Scott’s performance to us as a whole. He has games where he is great but a good few where he is poor. He needs more consistency for me.
That performance was elite tonight

GL21

Always been biased on Scott's behalf and it's because of a performance like this. A lot of talk about Burnley physicality beforehand but Scott rose to the challenge and succeeded. Not much technical showing from Burnley but still give him every credit, so we'll done delighted for him. Additionally I stand by the fact Fred does not help Scott and in fact holds him back. Both get addressed as the McFred bullshit which is completely inappropriate and inaccurate when judging a single players performance. More to come from McT

Oranges038

Good game.

But long term he is not the answer, we've sen enough of him already to know that. This was his one really good game on ten, I'll be surprised if he is anywhere as good in his next 10 games.

edgecutter

If you don't see the value of him in the squad you're an idiot
Please, he had a good game today, but he has been below average all season. We are so far off the pace and he has been in our midfield all season. But let's keep burying our heads in the sand and pretend he is tge answer.

KingCavani

Our best player of late, was pretty much the only one who showed up for Newcastle and was just superb tonight.

The way some of our fans have spoken of him is nothing short of disgraceful. A lazy target for criticism.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
If you don't see the value of him in the squad you're an idiot
I think thats a odd statement since he is in general and bang average footballer.

He is one of the best CMs in the squad but that isn’t saying that much

TheReligion

Abusive
Please, he had a good game today, but he has been below average all season. We are so far off the pace and he has been in our midfield all season. But let's keep burying our heads in the sand and pretend he is tge answer.
Do you not see the value in him in the squad then?

DizeeGorilla20

A Manchester United midfielder has a good game at home against Burnley and is suddenly an underrated scapegoat.

Sad

Diamond Chap

Supports
Airdrieonians
Great performance tonight.
Showing some consistency.
Let's give him some credit and celebrate his input rather than having a go.

TheReligion

Abusive
I think thats a odd statement since he is in general and bang average footballer.

He is one of the best CMs in the squad but that isn’t saying that much
He’s right though. He is a good squad player but a starter week to week is not going to cut it if we plan on challenging
If you don't see the value in having him in the squad you're a deluded moron.

Status
Not open for further replies.