Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
He’s so shit it’s unbelievable. I actually said to my son, imagine how that game would have panned out if Kante and McT had swapped teams? It actually makes me hopeful. We might not need a load of new signings. Once we replace the a completely hopeless players like him with someone genuinely good it will improve the whole team to a ridiculous extent.
My 6 year old said to me there is a load more clips to add to his hiding youtube clips

A six year old

edgecutter

Spoke about looking in the mirror last week, needs to take his own advice. Shocking footballer

KeanoMagicHat

He’s so shit it’s unbelievable. I actually said to my son, imagine how that game would have panned out if Kante and McT had swapped teams? It actually makes me hopeful. We might not need a load of new signings. Once we replace the a completely hopeless players like him with someone genuinely good it will improve the whole team to a ridiculous extent.
Exactly what I was thinking, Kante was brilliant tonight and gave him an absolute run around. He’s costing the whole team. No protection for the defence. No creativity in midfield. No controlling the game. It’s such a key position to be so deficient.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I’m not his biggest fan by any means but he’s in poor form at the moment rather than this being his absolute level.
I dunno. Obviously when he’s playing as badly as he is now he’s absolutely useless on the ball. Which stands out a mile. But his main problem isn’t how bad he is on the ball it’s his complete cluelessness about where to position himself when he isn’t on the ball. Which screws us, in and out of possession. And that’s a chronic problem you see in every match he plays. Even on those rare occasions when he uses the ball very well.

Gordon S

I think he is genuinely one of the worst midfielders (at least regular starters) I can remember at the club and I've been watching since the early 90's.
Scrap this. Players like Djemba Djemba, Possebon, and Gibson had more about them than Scott.

Born2Lose

He's not good enough to be starting and never will be, but that's not his problem, it's the club's and the management.

Idiotic move even for the Glazers to not spend £30-£40m on a CM in January.

That CM position is so damn important, if we can put a proper baller in there, that alone would make a big difference, as would adding a top attacking fullback and a RW like Antony.

We have some absolute utter shite that get way too many minutes, as you say, upgrading them will work wonders.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Swear he spends most of the game somehow chasing a CM breaking through the middle with the ball.

Brophs

The One and Only
The problem is that his top level is nothing to shout about either.
I agree with that, but it’s more the “He’s a League One player at best” stuff I’m taking issue with. He’s done okay for us at times, albeit he’s been massively overpromoted. There’s a pretty simply reason several managers have been picking him ahead of more talented players. And it’s not him that that reflects badly on.

Personally, I believe/hope he’ll be phased out if we can actually get it together.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Maybe his best position is CB after all? I dunno, starting to doubt if he even has a future as a back up anymore. Really want him to kick on as he's got the attitude we need.

KeanoMagicHat

I dunno. Obviously when he’s playing as badly as he is now he’s absolutely useless on the ball. Which stands out a mile. But his main problem isn’t how bad he is on the ball it’s his complete cluelessness about where to position himself when he isn’t on the ball. Which screws us, in and out of possession. And that’s a chronic problem you see in every match he plays. Even on those rare occasions when he uses the ball very well.
We have conceded 52 goals in 35 games in a season with him as a defensive midfielder supposedly protecting the defence. A world-class defensive midfielder and I believe you won’t concede any more than 40 even with average defenders behind.

Brophs

The One and Only
Again, I agree with that, in the main. His strengths are more in the realm of getting around the place in a sort of unfocused way and sometimes making things happen. Was it a couple of years ago he got close to double digits in terms of goals? That’s decent for a CM. It’s something. But he’s being asked to hold together a creaking, poorly coached midfield and that’s obviously never going to be within his skill set.

Kag

Says it all that I’m not remotely surprised.

A nothing player who’d struggle to get into most teams in the league. Yet here he is starting regularly in our midfield. Joke.

Marwood

We barely had the ball. Almost everyone had under 30 passes, except for Dalot, Matic, Bruno and Ronaldo.
I really want to be on Scott's side but come on, this is a terrible stat.

Remember this stat isn't a consequence of us barely having the ball. It's one of the causes.

Walters_19_MuFc

Our midfield's passing stats tonight:

McTominay - 27 Passes 85.2%
Matic - 42 Passes 81%
Bruno 37 Passes 73%

Fact is, 1) we're not set up to keep the ball as our movement is so stagnant, 2) none of midfielders are known to keep possession of the ball anyway.

The title obviously makes it sound worse than it is, but during the season so far, McTominay, when it comes to our midfielders, is second after Matic, with a passing percentage of 84.7%, which is better than Pogba, Bruno and Fred, who are meant to better passers of the ball, especially the former two.

Some may argue this is because they are more adventurous, but sometimes we just need someone to get their foot on the ball and dictate the pace of the game. Unfortunately, with our mdifielders, we've either got players who are too safe or too adventurous - no one in between.

We need at least two midfielders in the summer who will be able to do that. That being said, you could argue that in a more possession based system, such as the one we're expecting to see under ten Hag, passing stats would naturally go up as they'd be more players in support, we'd dominate the pitch high up, more movement, etc.

Marwood

And yet he created our best chance in the 1st half for Bruno. Let's just ignore that, though.

Let's also ignore the 35% possession.

Torches and pitchforks at the ready!
How do you think a team as a whole generates possession?

Dan-Utd

His off the ball movement was fantastic tonight, if it wasn't for him we'd have lost that game. :drool:

In all seriousness, he's like the John Oshea's, Darren Fletcher's, Wes Brown's, Darren Gibson's, he's good enough to be a substitute but he's ideal for inspiring young players that there is a way to get in and around the first team from the academy etc,

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
In all seriousness, he's like the John Oshea's, Darren Fletcher's, Wes Brown's, Darren Gibson's, he's good enough to be a substitute but he's ideal for inspiring young players that there is a way to get in and around the first team from the academy etc,
The players you mentioned were squad players in title winning teams, barring Ronaldo and one or two more they piss all over anything we’ve got now.

sugar_kane

Absolute imposter, and based on the pieces you see in the media has a decent PR team.

Looks the part, says all the right things, but definitely doesn’t back it up 99% of the time, turning in cowardly performances.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

Matic - 42 Passes 81%
Bruno 37 Passes 73%

Fact is, 1) we're not set up to keep the ball as our movement is so stagnant, 2) none of midfielders are known to keep possession of the ball anyway.

The title obviously makes it sound worse than it is, but during the season so far, McTominay, when it comes to our midfielders, is second after Matic, with a passing percentage of 84.7%, which is better than Pogba, Bruno and Fred, who are meant to better passers of the ball, especially the former two.

Some may argue this is because they are more adventurous, but sometimes we just need someone to get their foot on the ball and dictate the pace of the game. Unfortunately, with our mdifielders, we've either got players who are too safe or too adventurous - no one in between.

We need at least two midfielders in the summer who will be able to do that. That being said, you could argue that in a more possession based system, such as the one we're expecting to see under ten Hag, passing stats would naturally go up as they'd be more players in support, we'd dominate the pitch high up, more movement, etc.
You can’t compare his pass completion with Bruno (especially) and Pogba. He should have amongst the highest pass completion on the team because of his role in the team. They could get away with being amongst the lowest.

As has been repeatedly said, the biggest issue isn’t his erratic passing anyway. It’s the way he lets the game pass him by.

Walters_19_MuFc

You can’t compare his pass completion with Bruno (especially) and Pogba. He should have amongst the highest pass completion on the team because of his role in the team. They could get away with being amongst the lowest.

As has been repeatedly said, the biggest issue isn’t his erratic passing anyway. It’s the way he lets the game pass him by.
Fred has this problem, also. This is an issue with the team, not one player. As for not comparing it with Pogba and Bruno, of course I can, especially Pogba, who has played deep a lot this season. More often than not, those two will lose the ball either dilly dallying on it or playing Hollywood balls when a simple pass is on. As for the hiding bit, what have the aforementioned players done in the bigger games this season?

McTominay may not be the most blessed player in our squad, but he runs his arse off every game and I believe in a more possession based team, as I said before, will improve not only him, but our team on a whole.

Acquire Me

He wasn’t doing much right tonight. Horrific performance. Needs to have a long look in the mirror.

OverratedOpinion

Yeah but he did get into at least 2 fights. That is his "Roy Keane impression" quota.

Shame he didn't pick other parts of Roy's game.

Oranges038

Matic - 42 Passes 81%
Bruno 37 Passes 73%

For reference. Reece James had about 100 touches at full back.

A midfielder who can't either get near the ball or make a pass for almost a whole half of football at any level is inconceivable. When that player is playing Premier League football for Man Utd then it's even more so.

He has that one game every now and then where he looks really good. But he disappears all too often and that is his biggest problem, he hides from the ball and let's games pass him by. He's a decent hard working lad, but he's just not good enough to even be a squad player.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
He's terrible but there should be threads about Rashford and Bruno who at least have some talent. Both said players are embarrassing themselves.

Scott is not or ever will be good in the midfield. Hence his CB position for Scotland.
I agree with you about Scot McT. But if we all agree that he isn't good enough to play for a top team, why the hell do managers keep picking him?

Status
Not open for further replies.