Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Apparently we turned down an approach from Newcastle this summer. He can’t see September as a United player.
:lol: this can't be true

The again, forget September. He'll be here for another 5 years at least.

Bobski

His first half was dreadful, apart from the few awful moments with the ball I would also question his positioning, was super high up the pitch. A little better in the second half when the team had a more defined structure but an inauspicious start to the season to put it mildly.

pseudo_canadian

My favorite part was the blind backheel flick at the top of Brighton’s box when he had 3 options to pass to and we’re down 2-0.

Utterly atrocious and pointless footballer.

AshRK

The guy doesn't start as a midfielder for Scotland but he plays as a midfielder for us. Hey but let us keep him because he is from the academy.

Castia

We can’t all be mad can we? I’ve seen Scott play for a few years now and he‘s been average at his best and awful most of the time. Yet he seems to play 40 games a season and is a regular under 4 different managers. He can’t even play in midfield for Scotland ffs.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
You wonder how many midfielders we could have had, 'but we have McTominay' was the answer. There is another scary thought of the day.

KeanoMagicHat

He was horrendous at the end of last season, stinking the place out in a key position offensively and defensively, his reward is to start the first game this season as normal. Is there no punishment for mediocrity at this club?

Trequarista10

I’d said this before somewhere else but I really don’t see him being a starting midfielder for another PL team. He’d be on the bench for PL team or he’d be a starter in the Championship. I am dead serious too.

It really is weird how the club as a whole has this fascination with him. He features prominently in club advertising for what I can only think of is for purely being an academy product.

Solskjaer was foolish enough to think he was good enough but surely ETH will be able to see this by Christmas at the latest.
Agree with all this. I genuinely think he's as talented as, for example Ben Pearson, who is as average a Championship midfielder as you could possibly get.

I trust EtH to realise this asap. My impression is that McTominay talks good tactically or when receiving instructions, maybe even does well in specific coaching drills, so managers think "he gets it, I can really on him to put this into practise", and then on match day his brain goes to mush and he can't apply any of it, makes terrible decisions, doesn't show for the ball, and attempts the only sort of quality he has which is driving forwards with the ball, because he's too afraid to attempt anything else, regardless of the situation.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
His whole game is predicted in losing the ball on an easy pass, chasing it back and committing a foul in the process. Utter shit of a footballer.

RonaldoVII

No surprise he was shite. Don't want to criticise EtH but we all knew he'd be terrible. How he managed 70 minutes baffles me.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Better than Fred, but thats not saying much.

El__Jingo

but he isnt though, thankfully most fans have started to realise this.

Fred was shocking today but he can and will serve a purpose once the teams settled into its new system, he wont ever be a main cog but his ball retention and off the ball attributes we dont really have any player like that in the team. Im probably wasting my time expaining myself as you have come into a Mctominay forum to bring up another player? if you cant critique someones performance without the need to bring Fred or another player up then a forum probably isnt the place for you.

i will wait have to wait 24 hours to reply to you as being a newbie in this forum you're restricted to 3 per day, which is ridiculous when you see the amount of garbage some people. write on here

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
That bit where he managed to turn a dangerous opportunity in acres of space just outside their box into a potential red card challenge was quite impressive tbf

Art

Art the artist
Would we as a club be interested in signing him if he was performing like this for another club ?

Chairman Steve

That bit where he managed to turn a dangerous opportunity in acres of space just outside their box into a potential red card challenge was quite impressive tbf
I legit almost yelled ‘what the feck’ at my screen when that happened. I’d like to hope ETH had a mini-stroke when he saw that and made a mental note for the future.

DarkXaero

He's not at all better than Fred, not even close. Fred was bad today but he still plays with a purpose, never goes hiding, and is the best presser in the squad. I still struggle to see what McTominay does at average to above average level in football. I don't understand why can't we just sell him and fool some PL club into paying decent money for him. We've seen other clubs offload their mediocre players for surprisingly decent money, I don't know why we can't do that. McTominay is atrocious for Manchester United, we've had some really mediocre midfielders here over the last decade or so, but McTominay might actually be the worst of them all.

AndySmith1990

Would we as a club be interested in signing him if he was performing like this for another club ?
Obviously not. We wouldn't be interested in signing him if he were playing at his very best. He's only ever been tolerated because he came up from the academy.

Just look at the reactions to the idea of signing Neves or Tielemans. People turn their nose up at both despite them being far better than McTominay.

Skills

Snitch
Remember Sean Longstaff?

The answer is probably, because we had a man called OGS in charge for the part of 3 years.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
but he isnt though, thankfully most fans have started to realise this.

Fred was shocking today but he can and will serve a purpose once the teams settled into its new system, he wont ever be a main cog but his ball retention and off the ball attributes we dont really have any player like that in the team. Im probably wasting my time expaining myself as you have come into a Mctominay forum to bring up another player? if you cant critique someones performance without the need to bring Fred or another player up then a forum probably isnt the place for you.

i will wait have to wait 24 hours to reply to you as being a newbie in this forum you're restricted to 3 per day, which is ridiculous when you see the amount of garbage some people. write on here
Firstly, the words "Fred" and "ball retention" should never be uttered together.

As for McTominay, he was poor today. Carried the ball too much when he shouldve passed, and was sloppy in possession. In terms of "serving a purpose once the team is settled" however, McTominay could very well prove valuable as an attacking #8. He is normally good on the ball, at beating the press and carrying it out on the turn, and pinging balls into the feet of the attackers. He is never going to be a playmaker, and he is never going to be a DM as his defensive awareness and position are his two worst attributes. He also adds some physical presence to the team, which can be useful when we have signed a short CB.

hobbers

In terms of "serving a purpose once the team is settled" however, McTominay could very well prove valuable as an attacking #8. He is normally good on the ball, at beating the press and carrying it out on the turn, and pinging balls into the feet of the attackers.
Wumming right?

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
You can be as bad as McTominay is and survive at this club.

Dalot failed on loan at Milan and he's now our starting right back.

He won't be sold. We rarely sell players because we don't know how to.

This is madness.

hobbers

There isnt really any point in trying to have a discussion now, after that game and that performance.
Definitely not if you dont recognise that aside from 2 games against Bielsa, McTominay has never shown a single one of those attributes I highlighted. As a footballer there is nothing to redeem him.

Litch

People said year in year out and yet again, managers continue to pick him.

Tibs

McT, utter dog shit.

The whole lot were crap in fairness but especially him...next game Donny needs to play with Fred. Even if Donny has a bad game and plays with a blind fold on, he'll still do better than McT

EtH

Unreal how shit our options are in midfield and attack. This guy and Rashy still managing to get games is shocking. We are in a state.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Firstly, the words "Fred" and "ball retention" should never be uttered together.

As for McTominay, he was poor today. Carried the ball too much when he shouldve passed, and was sloppy in possession. In terms of "serving a purpose once the team is settled" however, McTominay could very well prove valuable as an attacking #8. He is normally good on the ball, at beating the press and carrying it out on the turn, and pinging balls into the feet of the attackers. He is never going to be a playmaker, and he is never going to be a DM as his defensive awareness and position are his two worst attributes. He also adds some physical presence to the team, which can be useful when we have signed a short CB.
He hasn’t pinged a ball to anyone in years. You may have seen him do it once under Mou.

Ekeke

69% pass accuracy as a DM who doesnt try anything complicated is actually quite an accomplishment :eek:

The Viper

In the above gif, he just lost the ball in such a promising area after that horrendous foul and he just gets back up casually and starts jogging back like nothing happened.:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.