Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He literally didn't. Fred is the first midfield sub these days and he's not been involved tonight, and he didn't play against Villa one minute either. Last game he started was 11 games ago against City and was hooked of after 59. minutes, and since then he's missed one game for suspension, two for ilness, and played total of 95 minutes out of 630 available. Of course it coincidented with our best run of form this season too in which we basically dominatwd every game in midfield.

He's a squad player isn't very good argument because he is that because we have no one better. Martin Dubravka was also squad player and backup to de Gea. Elanga is also backup to the likes of Rashford and Martial. He used to be first XI player too, but doesn't mean he was good at that.

He is not a good backup to Casemiro because that's not even his best midfield position, I mean he plays there because we have no one else but defensive midfielder is literally the worst position suited to his skills, only thing he is good at there is winning defensive headers, he is much better as box to box midfielder.
I mean he is good at it for Ten Hag and the way he uses him. No idea why you are shitting on McTominay so much - he's been very good this season if anything and has shown that he has a long term role as a squad player to be backup DM. He's played well when he's needed to step in and helped us in big games. What more can you ask for from a squad player? You aren't going to get a perfect player for that role who competes with Casemiro, you get someone who can fill in when needed and still perform admirably and who is good with the squad in terms of morale, will give it all for the club, can come in to help see out close games etc.

I've been very pleasantly impressed with McTominay this season and he's done nothing but show that he has a long term role, albeit as backup to Casemiro.

Roboc7

I mean he is good at it for Ten Hag and the way he uses him. No idea why you are shitting on McTominay so much - he's been very good this season if anything and has shown that he has a long term role as a squad player to be backup DM. He's played well when he's needed to step in and helped us in big games. What more can you ask for from a squad player? You aren't going to get a perfect player for that role who competes with Casemiro, you get someone who can fill in when needed and still perform admirably and who is good with the squad in terms of morale, will give it all for the club, can come in to help see out close games etc.

I've been very pleasantly impressed with McTominay this season and he's done nothing but show that he has a long term role, albeit as backup to Casemiro.
He’s had a poor season, other than a brief spell of playing well in about 3 games. His long term future is far from certain, he definitely isn’t a DM or a backup for Casemiro. Might get away with playing him there every so often but that’s about it.

If he is going to have any kind of long term future he needs to find a role, same goes for Fred. They don’t backup either starter other than as a make do, don’t fit in with how we play, manager doesn’t trust them to start and more midfielders will no doubt be signed. There is too big a drop off in quality from the starters to Mcfred, we can’t have another Casemiro but doesn’t mean have to settle for Mctominay as a backup.

Maybe ETH will find a way to use him that plays to his strengths rather than shoe horning him in as a DM or trying to make him to something he clearly isn’t.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He‘s not good enough, never has been. I wouldn’t mind selling him for a decent price, or keep him as 5th choice to make up numbers and quotas. But surely he shouldn’t be starting any games

James35

Hopefully we don’t hold onto him in the summer, never going to be good enough, I’d rather have better options off the bench.

Passitlikescholes

Very much could be the club trying to drive up his value, I think Scott's one that will eventually be replaced by ETH (and I've had a soft spot for Scott, wanted him to succeed but he just isn't a consistent enough squad option)

PoTMS

Upgrade on Longstaff. £50m please. That's the going rate apparently.

saivet

Upgrade on Longstaff. £50m please. That's the going rate apparently.
Yeah would be a good time to sell him in the summer and a good time for Scott too. A Newcastle move would be a nice move for him as his reputation/value hasn't really been impacted by being a squad player this season. If we hang onto him next season and his he gets even less game time I can imagine the value for him might drop considerably.

Ultimately I imagine the appetite of McTominay, United and Newcastle to make a move happen won't be that strong and I fully expect him to be in our squad next season.

Hughes35

I really like Scott. Good athlete, heart in the right place and seems to be a great pro.

It's just a shame he's not top level at the actual football part of football. I'm happy with him as a squad player but it depends if he's happy with that? If not, then we should cash in.

Man Utd 3:1 Everton

kidbob

Good when he came on. Excellent involvement in the build up to the penalty. Hopefully can be useful in rotation for the rest of the season.

jem

I thought he was absolutely woeful, although he did make one great pass to Garnacho.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
What's happened to him? Started the season well and thought he could build on it but at the moment he looks miles behind. Even Fred looks twice the player

IrishMcD

Beyond useless. Refuses to make himself available to take ball from defenders. Wouldn’t last a year at any of the big clubs around Europe. Himself, Maguire and Elanga have no business being at the club.

Idxomer

What's happened to him? Started the season well and thought he could build on it but at the moment he looks miles behind. Even Fred looks twice the player
He started the season very badly, recovered against Liverpool and his level has been dropping gradually since then.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
We saw all the bad bits of McTominay tonight. With him not going to the World Cup, I thought he'd look fresh after Qatar 22. Its the opposite. Looks leaden footed.

Roboc7

He was really poor, people often refer to him as a good squad player but it’s total nonsense, as we’ve seen repeatedly he just isn’t reliable. He’s just making up the numbers and having a poor season.

Only got to stay on for 90 mins because he isn’t in contention to start any of the games coming up.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
He has to have a twin brother (that gave up football at the age of 5) who steps in for him from time to time...

Seriously, he's capable of some good/very good performances on his best day, sometimes even against top opposition but then he goes and does an Ali Dia like tonight and you forget all about it, wondering how he even made it professionally.

OT1214

He was a confident player even though his skillset was limited. Looks like his confidence is shot at the moment, probably due to realizing that he won’t be a starter anymore in the games that matter.

AJ VII

Think we may have cursed him and Fred with the nickname McFred, because today they really were one player, McFred. Several times they went for the same ball and losing it together, opening up huge spaces in front of our defence.

Not sure what Scott has been doing this season, he is miles of the level he needs to be at. He should be able to play much better than this, and we need him to a reliable backup to Case and Eriksen since we only have him and Fred to come on when the two others need a rest.

slored1

What a confusing player. Plays well for 5 minutes and proceeds to lose the ball for the next 40. Repeat that again in the second half. Not sure how he got to almost 200 appearances for United.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Thank you. I was worrying I’d imagined it. He really did start the season well. That actually happened. The depths he’s plumbed more recently make that all seem like a fever dream.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Thank you. I was worrying I’d imagined it. He really did start the season well. That actually happened. The depths he’s plumbed more recently make that all seem like a fever dream.
He started decent enough because we were a bit life “grafting” in how we approached games and not as in sync in possession. So it was fine that he could only really pass it to defenders and just get stuck in. But when you have the majority of the ball he looks like a fecking contest winner that got to play for United for a day.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He started decent enough because we were a bit life “grafting” in how we approached games and not as in sync in possession. So it was fine that he could only really pass it to defenders and just get stuck in. But when you have the majority of the ball he looks like a fecking contest winner that got to play for United for a day.
Nah, he did play well. For a few games in a row. And he did a lot more than just “pass it to defenders”.

lost7

He's had 2/3 good games at best this season and then a lot of mediocre performances in the middle and people were making him out to be like a prime Roy Keane.

He's not good enough, not even for a bench player. Sell him for 15/20 mil to whoever is dumb enough to spend that much on him

Sylar

He did well when casemiro was signed and was playing well for the team and didn't deserve to be dropped based on performances. But casemiro is a level above as can be seen, especially when mctominay now comes in for casemiro

AR87

He did well when casemiro was signed and was playing well for the team and didn't deserve to be dropped based on performances. But casemiro is a level above as can be seen, especially when mctominay now comes in for casemiro

Nah he was deservedly dropped after he was woeful against City and once Casemiro got his chance that was that

Status
Not open for further replies.