2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

4.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Cantona’s Kung Fu Kick

Where's @MasterDarcy to call me a low intelligence being for saying he hides from the ball? Guy is a ghost and shouldn't have a career here despite all your waffling. I'm sure you'll come up with some bs though :)
Yeah he’s strangely absent so far considering his aggressive previous defensive of this absolute fraud of a footballer. Touched the ball 22 times apparently which for a so called central midfielder is beyond ridiculous. Incredible that he’s played over 200 games for us. £30m was an incredibly generous offer for such a mediocre player who wouldn’t be out of place at Cowdenbeath.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
World class in jogging. And people still will label him as "hard working" player. He is useless and he is not good to be even backup of the backup.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Ten Hag “seeing him as valuable” is the type of shite that gives me pause far more than isolated results on match days, because it means he doesn’t have a clue.
IMO that's just media puff to a) try to increase our bargaining power when selling; and b) if the sale falls through to have a better working environment.

It was fairly obvious that Ten Hag would have liked to have sold both Maguire and McTominay and replaced them with better players, but it's then up to the club to make those sales happen. Probably won't blame the club too much for Maguire since it seemed to be the player who refused, but the club overplayed their hand with Scott by thinking they could get more.

In Rainbows

He was fine in the too few moments he was on the ball, but I really don't understand what Ten Hag wanted from him today. I would guess it was some sort of advanced press to disrupt their build up play but he was often caught between the pushing in and trying to get out to the LB. Deserves criticism but today I would put more on Ten Hag.
On the ball he had a good opportunity to put Hojlund through, and didn't wait for him to make the run. Passed it early missing everyone, which wasted a potential good attack.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Watched a clip of the first goal. That's not exactly busting a gut to get back is it?!
This. I noticed that as soon goal was scored. In replay you can clearly see that he had time to stop that cross but he didn't put that extra effort in it. Hard working midfield. What a joke.

eire-red

To think hypothetically we could have got 60m combined for McTominay and Maguire and potentially signed Min-jae and Amrabat early in the summer along with the rest of our recruits.

Instead, he's still here along with VdB, Maguire, Martial and Co.

Bobski

On the ball he had a good opportunity to put Hojlund through, and didn't wait for him to make the run. Passed it early missing everyone, which wasted a potential good attack.
Intercepted the pass well in that instance, which is probably in theory how it was supposed to work as a set up, but yes, rushed the next pass, Hojlund peeled left, McT hit it right when he should have traveled with the ball then released.

His last 25 was baffling, literally played right up top almost as a right sided targetman.

Andy_Cole

To think hypothetically we could have got 60m combined for McTominay and Maguire and potentially signed Min-jae and Amrabat early in the summer along with the rest of our recruits.

The issue is ambitious clubs still make the signings. We won’t budge.

Pronewbie

Peep

Right? This is all on the executives who're stealing a living and the Glazers who should have just sold up and let new owners invest in an overhaul of all the sins of the current regime.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Yeah he’s strangely absent so far considering his aggressive previous defensive of this absolute fraud of a footballer. Touched the ball 22 times apparently which for a so called central midfielder is beyond ridiculous. Incredible that he’s played over 200 games for us. £30m was an incredibly generous offer for such a mediocre player who wouldn’t be out of place at Cowdenbeath.
There's no way the club was offered 30m cash and turned it down. If they got a 30m offer it was based on a number of contingencies, not guaranteed money.

Red Rash

There's no way the club was offered 30m cash and turned it down. If they got a 30m offer it was based on a number of contingencies, not guaranteed money.
I heard it was 10 million guaranteed and 1 million per pass made in his first appearance but United didn't think 27 million was enough.

clarkydaz

Looked similar to the England match. Gentle jogging around near opponents so not to receive the ball

El__Jingo

so where are all his fan boys yet again who wanted him to play today?

sick and tired of seeing him, really thought he was going to be sold this summer and gutted he wasnt, he will never ever be good enough as a starter or a squad player.

said it before and i will say it again, there isnt a player with the amount of apps he has who is less talented. poor poor player

DarkXaero

One of the most baffling things we've done as a club (and there's a long list) is turning down 30 mill for this guy. Terrible midfielder and I'm not sure he belongs at any PL club. Should have kept Fred and sold Mctominay instead, but only if we were capable of making the right decisions.

Valencia Shin Crosses

IMO that's just media puff to a) try to increase our bargaining power when selling; and b) if the sale falls through to have a better working environment.

It was fairly obvious that Ten Hag would have liked to have sold both Maguire and McTominay and replaced them with better players, but it's then up to the club to make those sales happen. Probably won't blame the club too much for Maguire since it seemed to be the player who refused, but the club overplayed their hand with Scott by thinking they could get more.
No you can’t absolve Ten Hag of blame when we turn down bids for sales when he has full control over who we bring in. He didn’t want to let McTominay go unless we got some huge bid for him and that’s on him, the player offers nothing and never has for any sort of competent/non grafting midfield.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
No you can’t absolve Ten Hag of blame when we turn down bids for sales when he has full control over who we bring in. He didn’t want to let McTominay go unless we got some huge bid for him and that’s on him, the player offers nothing and never has for any sort of competent/non grafting midfield.
Depends if you think ETH is setting the sale price. Personally I highly doubt it. He'd be telling the club who he wants bought and sold, but it'd be others at the club who get it done and handle the fees offered/demanded.

FerociousCorgis

I highly doubt it was eth that said don't sell for 30 and to hold out for over 40 like idiots

Valencia Shin Crosses

Depends if you think ETH is setting the sale price. Personally I highly doubt it. He'd be telling the club who he wants bought and sold, but it'd be others at the club who get it done and handle the fees offered/demanded.
I think ETH has a huge say in how much of a priority a player is as an outgoing. If we are haggling over 10m it’s because Erik told them that he’d rather keep McT unless we get a huge payday. Hence the firm price.

IrishRedDevil

We changed systems to get him into the team?
What a bizarre decision.

Playing a diamond against Brighton’s attacking fullbacks, what could possibly go wrong?

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

If we play him on Wednesday against Bayern this will put all rumors of them being interested in him to rest. As bad as Maguire is at least he is involved in the game. Playing McTominay feels like playing with 10 men.

Roboc7

I think ETH has a huge say in how much of a priority a player is as an outgoing. If we are haggling over 10m it’s because Erik told them that he’d rather keep McT unless we get a huge payday. Hence the firm price.
ETH wouldn’t care what the fee was, just like he wouldn’t care how much we paid for someone. It’s just the same idiots making as big as mess of selling as they do buying and negotiating wages.

GwilDor

On the right of a diamond for most of it, but swapped with Bruno for a while and was at the tip.
I had the exact same question as the post you replied to while watching the game, as McT was hard to spot all game. Is your understanding we set up like this?
———————Højlund———
——Rashford———————
——————Bruno—————
—Eriksen————McTominay
————Casemiro—————
Reguilon-Licha-Linde-Dalot
—————Onana—————

Cause while i give some of the blame to McT for being invisible, and also players like Case and Licha for having a shit day at the office, if EtH is changing his setup at home instead of drilling his preferred system, he is soon gonna be in trouble. I can be very loyal and patient supporting a man with ideas who has promise, but hasn’t delivered yet. But if he himself starts to doubt, why should we believe?
I agree though that formations are not as set in stone as it seems on paper, but it sure seemed we were set up differently today than we normally do. If that is down to McT for example, not following instruction, he should have been subbed earlier, right?

Oranges038

One of the most baffling things we've done as a club (and there's a long list) is turning down 30 mill for this guy. Terrible midfielder and I'm not sure he belongs at any PL club. Should have kept Fred and sold Mctominay instead, but only if we were capable of making the right decisions.
Should have got rid of both, had a glorious chance to, but decided against it.

RedDevilQuebecois

Rumor is that another deal with Fulham was in place and that everything was agreed but for the player giving the green light on deadline day. As a result of McTominay declining the offer, Palhinha was not sold to Bayern Munich as it was expected. In other words, we have another Maguire-type of moron in McTominay.

Mainoldo

I got told Goretzka was his equal.

What in the blue planet do I have to be to witness that? He’s lost at this level and yet our club allow him to stay. No wonder we can’t progress as a team.

lex talionis

Someone on the matchday thread hammered me for flogging McTominay, but I see nothing in his performance today that vindicated ETH’s decision to start McTominay and keep Pellistri on the bench until garbage time.

I hope this is the last time we see McTominay start.

Chief123

It was only last week we had posters here calling for his return after getting excited with his world class performances at international level.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
I don't know where the hard working reputation comes from. He just jogs around generally behind the play, never recognises danger and sprints to it. Awful.

Malone_Post

The fact we turned down money, and good money at that, for Scott will pain me evetytime I see him on a pitch in a United shirt. West Ham must be counting their lucky stars as the midfielders they ended up with (JWP, Alvarez & Kudus) are all comfortably better footballers then Scott will ever be. Complete abomination of a footballer.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I don't know where the hard working reputation comes from. He just jogs around generally behind the play, never recognises danger and sprints to it. Awful.
It's strange. Watch how hard Connor Gallagher works for Chelsea. There's an example of an average player who puts himself about. McTominay is not as mobile and does not work as hard.

3KDré

The fact we turned down money, and good money at that, for Scott will pain me evetytime I see him on a pitch in a United shirt. West Ham must be counting their lucky stars as the midfielders they ended up with (JWP, Alvarez & Kudus) are all comfortably better footballers then Scott will ever be. Complete abomination of a footballer.
60m for Maguire and McTominay! Could have bought Amrabat and Todibo for that.

FerociousCorgis

It was only last week we had posters here calling for his return after getting excited with his world class performances at international level.
Exactly. I was flabbergasted by it and still am. Do people never learn their lesson