Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Haha still doing nothing in midfield then

Eddy_JukeZ

Stuff like McTominay in a diamond makes me seriously doubt ETH going forward.

Hopefully he barely plays once Amrabrat is back.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Shit as usual but he has his fans who’ll tell you he’s full of passion and hardworking despite displaying nothing on the pitch that exemplifies that.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
He should be in the reserves now and not a part of our plans going forward. The last time I came across someone trying to play football because they were tall, I kindly referred them to basketball.
Lacks in a lot of areas to be playing for United.

L1nk

The fact we turned down 30 million of pure profit for him is absolutely embarassing by the way.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I had the exact same question as the post you replied to while watching the game, as McT was hard to spot all game. Is your understanding we set up like this?
———————Højlund———
——Rashford———————
——————Bruno—————
—Eriksen————McTominay
————Casemiro—————
Reguilon-Licha-Linde-Dalot
—————Onana—————

Cause while i give some of the blame to McT for being invisible, and also players like Case and Licha for having a shit day at the office, if EtH is changing his setup at home instead of drilling his preferred system, he is soon gonna be in trouble. I can be very loyal and patient supporting a man with ideas who has promise, but hasn’t delivered yet. But if he himself starts to doubt, why should we believe?
I agree though that formations are not as set in stone as it seems on paper, but it sure seemed we were set up differently today than we normally do. If that is down to McT for example, not following instruction, he should have been subbed earlier, right?
I'd say Rashford was playing alongside Hojlund rather than behind him, but otherwise yes that was the formation (with Bruno and Scott swapping spots for about 15 minutes at the end of the first half). The four of them settling into a midfield diamond was very obvious whenever Brighton's defenders had possession. It's why I'll give Scott a bit more leeway for his Invisible Man act in this match than what I normally do. Doesn't excuse his laziness in actually getting back and doing some defensive work though.

I'd say ETH had two thoughts when setting up that way. Obviously the complete lack of right wingers bar Pellistri, but also to try to disrupt Brighton's normal midfield possession game. It actually worked very well up until they scored the first goal completely against the run of play.

kaku06

Vulgarian
Better than Rice people told me. Better than ward prowse they said and some numpty also had the audacity to say Goretzka is not better than him.

kaku06

Vulgarian
I got told Goretzka was his equal.

What in the blue planet do I have to be to witness that? He’s lost at this level and yet our club allow him to stay. No wonder we can’t progress as a team.
Not just Goretzka. He’s better than Rice and Caicedo as well. :lol:
Goretzka is practically a carbon copy of McTominay.
Well, Rice and Caicedo who are worse players are now somehow rated £100m players.
I’ve always said if McT went to West Ham he’d be Rice reincarnated. They are the same player.

philippexyz

How we didn't sell this excuse of a footballer, I don't know. Especially if the plan was all along to bring Amrabat to the team. It would've been pure profit on the FFP books as an academy player, and we could've really just replaced him with another academy player - Mainoo, Hannibal... who cannot really be worse than him.

Can't stand watching him jogging nonchalantly. Rashford does that also, but at least he's dangerous in attack, like a budget version of Mbappe.

Waynne

Just block them, with such shit takes, their posts aren't worth griefing over.
Agree to disagree and move on.

Everyone has an opinion and this is a platform designed to voice them.

Blocking people over an opinion is petty.

Giggsyking

27 years old, and still considered teenager. How is it even possible he is still at the club when we were offered 30m? I bet Westham feel relieved they dodged a bullet.

saivet

27 years old, and still considered teenager. How is it even possible he is still at the club when we were offered 30m? I bet Westham feel relieved they dodged a bullet.
Well he's actually 22...

Not sure I've seen these quotes on here yet, so enjoy.

Matt851

I wonder how much influence eth had over him staying? With maguire he made some weird comments about him needing to fight for his place that seemed to encourage him to stay

ThatGreyKit

Thanks - I thought he did quite well actually and I wouldn't be surprised to see him again deployed in that area against Bayern.
Imagine your whole online persona being that of a Scott McTominay fanboy. You've got to be related to him or on a massive wum :lol:

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Agree to disagree and move on.

Everyone has an opinion and this is a platform designed to voice them.

Blocking people over an opinion is petty.
If their opinion includes shit takes like Rashford is hardworking and Scott is a good midfielder, their shit doesn’t even deserve to be read.

It’s clear some people are oblivious to facts and stats that prove it if their favourite players are involved.

Matt851

The notion that ETH “encouraged” either Maguire or McT to stay, based on banal responses to questions about them in press conferences.
Well quoting what he said in a press conference quite clearly isn't making stuff up. Do you not think maguire might have seen those quotes?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Well quoting what he said in a press conference quite clearly isn't making stuff up. Do you not think maguire might have seen those quotes?
You didn’t include any quotes. This is the bit where you make stuff up…

he made some weird comments about him needing to fight for his place that seemed to encourage him to stay

Litch

And he is still here starting for us speaks volumes irrespective of injuries...? That was never going to be a physical type of game so unsure why we needed his attributes anyway...

Siorac

My favourite thing about him is that he gets on the ball so little, almost every game passes him by but when he does get on it... well he offers basically nothing. He's shite both on AND off the ball which is some feat.

That he's still here is a damning indictment of our squad building, our recruitment, and generally the decision making at the club.

And he is still here starting for us speaks volumes irrespective of injuries...? That was never going to be a physical type of game so unsure why we needed his attributes anyway...
Who else do we play? Even the kids are injured. That hes still here, and we have no option but to play him, is bewildering. I've given up on the club until the Glazers are gone and Arnold and Murtough are shown the door.

Litch

Who else do we play? Even the kids are injured. That hes still here, and we have no option but to play him, is bewildering. I've given up on the club until the Glazers are gone and Arnold and Murtough are shown the door.
The young lad that came on and scored for starters....

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
You didn’t include any quotes. This is the bit where you make stuff up…
What are you on about? Poster in question should't ask himself/others is there anything behind ETH comments? He didn't say ETH comments made Maguire stay. But to question those comments as possible influence in Maguire decision making is legimitate question.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
What are you on about? Poster in question should't ask himself/others is there anything behind ETH comments? He didn't say ETH comments made Maguire stay. But to question those comments as possible influence in Maguire decision making is legimitate question.
It’ a stupid question. What ETH says to Maguire in private (and you’d have to be insane to assume they didn’t discuss his future in private) matters infinitely more than vague answers about his role in the squad if he stays in a fecking press conference.

In Rainbows

What's the point though? In a way that would be blaming Ten Hag for actually providing a fail safe mechanic to the sale of Maguire. To have an influence can be argued that he's the tipping point to get him to stay.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
It’ a stupid question. What ETH says to Maguire in private (and you’d have to be insane to assume they didn’t discuss his future in private) matters infinitely more than vague answers about his role in the squad if he stays in a fecking press conference.
Who says they've talked in private. You're just guessing it just like the poster you call out for. See how stupid this is?

And since Maguire is still in first team and plays his part seems like he said to him in private what he said in press conference- fight for your place and you'll play since Maguire is gonna play this season.

What's the point though? In a way that would be blaming Ten Hag for actually providing a fail safe mechanic to the sale of Maguire. To have an influence can be argued that he's the tipping point to get him to stay.
What's the point of discussing possible scenarios in football forum, really? God forbid someone else having different opinion.

In Rainbows

What's the point of discussing possible scenarios in football forum, really? God forbid someone else having different opinion.
So you don't believe he should provide a fail safe mechanic in the event that the Maguire sale fails? So if Maguire doesn't leave and the manager never made that comment, Maguire is going to be able to perform how he wants? Is that better for the club? I don't think so.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
So you don't believe he should provide a fail safe mechanic in the event that the Maguire sale fails? So if Maguire doesn't leave and the manager never made that comment, Maguire is going to be able to perform how he wants? Is that better for the club? I don't think so.
I could't care less what happens to player that no matter what you do simply isn't good enough for this club.

Saying he isn't in our plans puts pressure on Maguire to find new solution, saying he has place here if he want's to fight gives him easy solution since everyone will think he has backing from the manager.

But this isn't Maguire thread so back to topic of McTominay being shit player who got far more chances over the yeas than he should've.