View full 2023-24 profile

4.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I thought he was much improved today. Helped by Hannibal and they worked well in tandem. Casemiro looked well supported too.

nau05194

I thought he did really well tonight. Good energy, physicality and reading of the game. Potentially an underrated player - a bit like Makelele in that sense.

He was kept on for 90 mins so Ten hag presumably was happy with what he was doing or he could have used options from the bench so that's enough for me.

Castia

Game after game…season after season how does he do it? Consistently dog shit yet always seems to play

Dreadful player

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I thought he did really well tonight. Good energy, physicality and reading of the game. Potentially an underrated player - a bit like Makelele in that sense.

He was kept on for 90 mins so Ten hag presumably was happy with what he was doing or he could have used options from the bench so that's enough for me.
:lol:

This one's at it again, look.

thepolice123

Would love to see the passes made and received stats today. Can't barely recall a single thing he did.

soapythecat

Good WUM

Gordon S

You think of Makelele when you watch Scott Mctominay play??

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

Your last 29 posts have all been about McTominay. Are you his dad?

edgecutter

Josh Cullen for Burnley must be world class if you really believe the words you type.

CM

I genuinely can't believe this player continues to start games for us. The decision not to cash in is looking stupider by the day.

Scholsey2004

I reckon Dan Gore will replace him by next season and we will not flyer any where near £30m for him.
I like Gore but his physique is a bit lacking. Maybe temper your expectations with the kids. Even the ones who look surefire top players rarely make it at this level.

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
I think he did a good job today and his workrate helped out Casemiro and the defence massively. Hopefully that performance will give him a bit of confidence to kick on because he's been out of sorts since his injury last season.

FerociousCorgis

Amazing how far standards have fallen when some are happy with that performance. Dude shows for the ball less than a blind man

Sylar

I see the scapegoating has started again.
Scapegoating for what? We won, so hes not really being blamed for anything, except for being criticized for his own performance and ability. :nervous:

MasterDarcy

People say that McTominay hides from the ball. He only had 5 less touches than Casemiro.

The haters can't use that as a stick to beat him so they'll go down the list of pre-made complaints to #2.

The facts are that Scott McTominay started over Eriksen and Donny and Amrabat.

With this Groundhog Day criticism you're just criticising EtH.

Good luck with that. And way to support the team.

What do people get from the constant abuse directed at our players?

It's absolutely like people get a morbid satisfaction from it. Like they would rather player x have a nightmare than play well, that way they get a chance to vent their frustrations and anger.

These people should really take up Yoga or Tai Chi or go into anger management.

Seriously.

I know that that people like to bully. People find someone and have a go at him regardless of anything. McTominay and Casemiro were very good closing down space infront of our backline. That space we let so many goals in last couple of games and seasons. Good game from him.
And if anyone dares defend the lad said person is then bullied and ridiculed.

Certainly won't deter me from defending McTominay.

Haters are more than welcome to grab their pitchforks and touches and pile on.

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
Amazing how far standards have fallen when some are happy with that performance. Dude shows for the ball less than a blind man
Last season was the first time I saw McTominay play with low confidence and I'm a believer in supporting the players as long as they're putting in the effort. Today wasn't great but it was better and despite the lack of appetite for the ball in the build-up, we looked more solid with him instead of Eriksen next to Casemiro.

Hoping that today was a catalyst for an improved McTominay!

James_42

The forum really needs to start banning the wums, this place is filled with them.

KD6-3.7

Shouldn't be anywhere near the team and it's a disgrace he is still getting game time.

Useless player and the only reason he was getting gametime was because of his work rate which has been abysmal this season.

Normally I’m a fan of Scott but his last three games have been the worst I’ve ever seen him play. Horrendous stuff. Much improved today with a few interceptions and blocks but really bad on the ball.

He’s clearly lost motivation to play for the club since we were looking for a fee for him. He’s even lost that dog like ability to annoy the opponents. Sad to see.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife

Mak what? Guess ETH was happy but at no point would he assume it’s Makelele 2.0.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Thought he was the biggest reason for the lack of control throughout the game. Just his type of player though. He can't play that role. That spot needed him to be able to take the ball on the turn and make things happen and play it forward, he barely touched it. Thought he'd play 10 with Bruno or Hannibal deeper if anything.

manhood

Around the 7:30 min Evans was shouting and pointing at him where to show for the ball, this sums it up.

Kag

Not accepting £30 million for McTominay might just be the worst piece of United-related transfer activity I can recall post-Ferguson.

At least Sanchez was once a good footballer.

Roboc7

First half performance was pathetic, lucky to carry on after that. Second half poor but an improvement, helped we hardly had ball and he didn’t have to do anything other than just be extra body in midfield.

If played as a 6 or an 8 I still think he’d struggle to be a regular starter at more than 3 or 4 PL clubs.

vanderpants

I'm pretty sure he will be gone in January , when everyone is back fit he will struggle to make the bench

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
McT hides from the ball yet had way more touches than Hannibal and only a few less than Casemiro.
Same amount of tackles as Hannibal, more blocks than Hannibal,
More passes than Hannibal,

I think some people really do only see what they want to, contributed a lot to midfield last night, wasn't spectacular but then no one really was.
Stuck to his task and kept things simple, was positionally sound in the second half when we were sitting a bit deeper.

Better today but still miles off. Showed almost zero control of the match against the worst team in the league.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
McT hides from the ball yet had way more touches than Hannibal and only a few less than Casemiro.

I think some people really do only see what they want to, contributed a lot to midfield last night, wasn't spectacular but then no one really was.
Stuck to his task and kept things simple, was positionally sound in the second half when we were sitting a bit deeper.
I mean, he should be making a lot more blocks, passes and tackles than Hannibal, who was playing as a 10, with McT playing much deeper. He should also have a higher pass completion. Instead Hannibal took much better care of the ball (91% vs 78%)

I do agree it was a big improvement on recent performances. Much more involved and did at least do do some good defensive work. So at least some of the criticism is over the top. He wasn’t great though.

90 + 5min

I said before. Problem is that people love to pick on a certain player and just keep going with their negativity. Simple. They cant acknowledge that those players can be good because it goes against their agenda. Not even for a game.

He was good today. And it is no shame giving someone credit when he/she deserves that.