2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

4.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

mikeyt

He's just a poor player and nowhere near good enough if this team wants to move forward. He goes hiding, not just when we've got the ball but when we haven't. The chance early on for Burnley where they hit the post is a classic. He just jogs back and is stood watching as players run past him. I'd 100% rather see Hannibal and Mainoo (when fit) in the team / squad over him for the rest of the season. Other than his height, he literally gives us nothing and should've have been sold to West Ham for the £30million odd they offered in the summer.

Giggsyking

Ask yoursel, why was this best Casemiro game this season.

Very good game from McTominay. It was so compact in the middle of the park, looking how it have been this year.
So Casemiro looked good because Mctominay looked shit? Can't see the logic here? Unless you mean he was there to show contrast between good and bad.

Giggsyking

I thought he did really well tonight. Good energy, physicality and reading of the game. Potentially an underrated player - a bit like Makelele in that sense.

He was kept on for 90 mins so Ten hag presumably was happy with what he was doing or he could have used options from the bench so that's enough for me.
:lol:

90 + 5min

So Casemiro looked good because Mctominay looked shit? Can't see the logic here? Unless you mean he was there to show contrast between good and bad.
Casemiro looked good because him and McTominay did what he couldn't do with Eriksen. It was shutting down dangerous position that have been so open before and where we have let goals fly in. McTominay showed energy, hard work and physique and defended that area which even helped players like Lindelof.

Levenstein

I can't believe my eyes what I'm reading here. He was awful and kept on cause there was no one else to play - Ten Hag didn't want to rush Amrabat.

He was hiding and not giving any options to play the ball through the midfield.

Only positive was that he tracked midfield runners better than Eriksen.

Roux

Wins the ball - which is great, followed by loosing the ball - which is shite!

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
I’d take 5 million and a bag of crisps for him, inexplicable we rejected 30 mill in the summer.

Oldyella

Turned it around a bit in the 2nd half, but I don't think it would have been possible to be as bad for the whole game as he was that 1st half. Looked lost. Hopefully that's the last we see of him now as players come back to fitness.

Pickle85

He's just not top half PL standard. Awful and cowardly in possession - there was one moment where he got the ball and was in such a rush to unload it that he played it three yards to young Hannibal who was in less space than Scott and has far less experience - and hides from it out of possession. Add to that a work rate that isn't enough to cover his other many deficiencies and you get a player that doesn't belong here. Fine for Everton or Wolves but please get him out of here.

hammerfadl

I can't understand how people got the feeling he was good from that game. First half as bad as I've seen a midfielder, totally lost and out of position. TV here had about 7-8 situations in first half alone where he created a huge open area right in the middle for Burnley to exploit.

Lacks awareness, reading of the game and technical skill. He hides from passes and are in the worst 10% of PL midfielders with his passes attempted and how progressive (or not) they are.

Von Mistelroum

He was the worst midfielder out there today by a huge distance over both teams. He's just not very good and tries to cover this up by hiding as much as possible.

edgecutter

Interesting….

His Scotland performances have probably blown up his ego. It doesn't help when clueless pundits keep saying that he should play when nearly every United fan (bar the WUMs) thinks he is shite and should move on.

Roboc7

His Scotland performances have probably blown up his ego. It doesn't help when clueless pundits keep saying that he should play when nearly every United fan (bar the WUMs) thinks he is shite and should move on.
The club has blown up his ego, talking about him as a future Captain when he should have been working on basics.

It was clear as soon as he came into the team he was nowhere near good enough and required huge improvement. The fact so many aspects of his game have not improved says a lot about the club and Mctominay.

philippexyz

He is 7th choice midfielder in our squad, at best(Bruno, Casemiro, Amrabat, Mount, Mainoo, Hannibal are/should be primary 6). Even Eriksen without legs who came back from death could be above him at 7th and he slips to 8th. Then Gore 9th and Van De Beek 10th. That the rough order, hierarchy of our current midfield.

I don't understand really why is he still at the club, he's not on massive wages like Maguire(where I understand Maguire's greediness).

Skills

Snitch
The club has blown up his ego, talking about him as a future Captain when he should have been working on basics.

It was clear as soon as he came into the team he was nowhere near good enough and required huge improvement. The fact so many aspects of his game have not improved says a lot about the club and Mctominay.
Tbf he was never talented enough to make it through in the first place. He never made a Scottish youth team (think about the number of players who switch from England to Scotland to get some youth appearances) - that's how poor of a talent he was. His entire career is a massive overachievement.

OldTrevil

Someone called him a false footballer some time back, a bit harsh, but for what I expect of Man Utd level he's definitely a false footballer.

mintyred

Some stat from the game last night:

He lost more duels than any other player and didn't win a single areal duel. I suspect he's only in the squad due to his height so that's interesting.

Last edited:

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I see the scapegoating has started again.
People need to feck off with accusing legitimate criticism as scapegoating, it's completely disingenuous and a complete cop-out of a response.

Idxomer

Some state from the game last night. He lost more duels than any other player and didn't win a single areal duel. I suspect he's only in the squad due to his height so that's interesting.
Not surprising the duels stat, he was getting brushed off the ball pretty easily yesterday.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Some stat from the game last night:

He lost more duels than any other player and didn't win a single areal duel. I suspect he's only in the squad due to his height so that's interesting.
Good to see our manager brought him "because he offers energy and power" then.

DanielofLeyland

I feel he had a better game in the second half because we played to his strengths. McTominay is very good at perceiving a pass and moving quickly to scupper the attack. I felt when we held our shape more in the second half he was able to play deeper and break up some of Burnley's play more effectively.

In the first half he was garbage. This was largely due to the fact he was asked to close down his man. He was hopeless at this. He isn't a natural tackler and, despite his strength in holding up the play when facing backwards, he can't use that to bully the opposition off the ball. He is a very limited player and we utilised what skill he has more effectively in the second half but if we want to play a high intensity press we need better players than McTominay and Fernandes who often miss all their duels and leave Casemiro to pick up the pieces.