View full 2023-24 profile

4.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
So what he proved today is that he absolutely isn't a number 6, and can be an absolute handful in the box?

I feel like it's been said over and over on here for years now.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Whatever happens the rest of his United career, I'll always remember his late double to cheer Fergie up. Good on you lad.

ti vu

Told you moment here. Should have used him as CF more last season in place of Weghorst. He's not great but he does have some goals in him.

justboy68

It made a massive difference when he and Hojlund were together up top. Brentford started to panic facing the presence of those two.

Time to go back to the dark ages? 2 big men and pump it long? :D
Things go in circles, it wouldn't even surprise me if it 4-4-2 with 2 absolute units up front became the new way to steamroll again.

Rustyspider13

Well done McT. Gotta hand it to him, those were very well taken goals. He'll be remembered for goals like these and the one against City.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Maybe it’s just me but nothing in football apart from stuff such as big knock-out wins, PL/CL wins gives me as much joy watching United as academy players scoring or winning games for us :drool:

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
What a great performance! We are looking for an 8 all summer, bought Mount and Amrabat, but looks like Mctominay came out as the best 8 we have here.

cj_sparky

Big thank you to Mr. McTominay, I won't be stewing a loss over the international break now.

fps

So what he proved today is that he absolutely isn't a number 6, and can be an absolute handful in the box?

I feel like it's been said over and over on here for years now.
True, and I'm pretty sure he's told the managers this before too. Perhaps he can really get going now as an aggressive attacking squad option (not a cuss, we need those).

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
Scottie McTom has got it going on!
He's all we've been waiting for so long!
Scottie McTom has got it going on
He's the one to bring on!

marktan

Said it a million times, the guy is a striker. Shame no one tries him out there.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
This is why he plays further up for Scotland, and why he's doing things like scoring braces against Spain from that position. He's not a deep lying midfielder and never will be.

The problem is that he's probably still behind Mount, but I'd argue right now that he'd be better than Fernandes as an 8. Of course, he could turn rubbish in the very next game anyway. Bleh.

But that was a player who wanted to win today, not like some of his team mates who would rather sulk than pick themselves up and try again. We need mentality like this from more folk.

redshaw

Brilliant from McTom, a much maligned player but I've always said he's an attacking mid and probably would've got more goals than Weghorst.

He also looks even fitter, in a condition you see many City players are in.

I strangely played that winning goal he scored against City yesterday, wondering what the video file was and up he pops with two injury time goals.

BaneIsPain

Mctominay saves ETH job. Hopefully, this is the point of turning around. He really has an eye for striker.

RedOrange

His quality in and around the box makes me think the club fecked up big time not training him to be a striker.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
The further away from our goal he plays the better. He’s clearly not a midfielder.
I think he certainly is a midfielder, but most definitely not a DM, where he's been played too often, probably not even a box to box player, but I can see him in that position between the opponents midfield and defence, where he can collect the ball, lay it off to a wide player, then make that LATE run into the box, where generally some players are not picked up.
I don't think he has a defensive quality in his body, but he certainly knows where the net is.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Things go in circles, it wouldn't even surprise me if it 4-4-2 with 2 absolute units up front became the new way to steamroll again.
I believe he used to play as a striker in United's youth teams.
Edit: Apparently not.

Last edited: