Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Diamond Chap

Supports
Airdrieonians
Good performance from Scott today.
Performed well in all areas and worked hard.
Easily one of our best players today.
Not surprisingly still able to get some negative comments for his efforts today.
He's a Man Utd player and deserves some praise where it's due.

kundalini

First half United's best performer by a mile. Unfortunate that offside Maguire ruled out early goal. 2nd half a bit untidy, did well to stop Andreas Pereira scoring the rebound after Onana had saved Wilson's super shot.

FerociousCorgis

Not surprisingly still able to get some negative comments for his efforts today.
Prob because our midfield was nonexistent against a fecking shit fulham side? FFS the standards around here. One lucky pinballing sequence away from ending nil nil.

Diamond Chap

Supports
Airdrieonians
Prob because our midfield was nonexistent against a fecking shit fulham side? FFS the standards around here. One lucky pinballing sequence away from ending nil nil.
I rest my case.
It's a shame that there's so much negativity that some can't just give out a little praise.

NZT-One

Suprised to see him getting positive reviews today. He had a few moments but it wasn't much. I thought Iwobi looked 3 times the player, would swap in a heartbeat. To be fair, it wasn't one of the bad games from McTominay.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Had a decent game today. Helped out defensively and looked a threat going forward. I don’t know if he’s better ahead of Eriksen though. Eriksen can do a lot more when played in the advanced positions but I can see he’s our only midfield that can dictate the tempo which is why ETH plays him the deepest.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Good performance and easily MOTM based on the fact that he "tried hard"? Our standards these days:confused:...

FerociousCorgis

Suprised to see him getting positive reviews today. He had a few moments but it wasn't much. I thought Iwobi looked 3 times the player, would swap in a heartbeat. To be fair, it wasn't one of the bad games from McTominay.
I'm absolutely shocked. A lucky goal made by pellistri busting his ass out of nowhere and you'd think we were hammering fulham for the entire game or something.

Cantona’s Kung Fu Kick

Quite astonishing that this guy is still getting game time here. No wonder we are a mediocre mid table side and heading south. Watched the Beckham documentary on Netflix today as it was wet, we have fallen a long long way since back then. This guy epitomises the drop in playing standards.

Levenstein

Was concerned when I saw the line-up against Fulham. I have criticised him a lot so I will give him credit now - I think he was very good against Fulham.

He was everywhere, winning tackles and blocking shots and a threat in the opponents box.
Biggest improvement was his movement and passing. He wasn't hiding like he normally does and looked like a midfielder. Still could give defenders more output and help passing out from the back.
Controlling midfielder behind him looks like suits him well. Eriksen didn't have the best game, but unleashed McTominay.

Happy for him!

Apokalips

And people like you are the reason this shit becomes accepted.
Standards are so low here. Fulham were better and more dangerous than us, McTominay was better than he has been recently but that was not a midfield performance we should praise as 'good'.

NZT-One

Was concerned when I saw the line-up against Fulham. I have criticised him a lot so I will give him credit now - I think he was very good against Fulham.

He was everywhere, winning tackles and blocking shots and a threat in the opponents box.
Biggest improvement was his movement and passing. He wasn't hiding like he normally does and looked like a midfielder. Still could give defenders more output and help passing out from the back.
Controlling midfielder behind him looks like suits him well. Eriksen didn't have the best game, but unleashed McTominay.

Happy for him!
:D Unleashed? Really? Un-leashed???

Are we talking about the same game, a pretty bad game, decided by a jammy shot from Bruno after Fulham being the slightly better of two pretty average teams?

Bobski

He was fine, people were hyping up Palinha in the match thread, who completed the grand total of 23 passes in the match, which is a strange response given the attitude to McT.

Levenstein

:D Unleashed? Really? Un-leashed???

Are we talking about the same game, a pretty bad game, decided by a jammy shot from Bruno after Fulham being the slightly better of two pretty average teams?

I don't think that Fulham was slightly better team - played for the draw in my opinion. We have played like shit as a team for some time - so I take this pretty bad win and be happy about it. You can't compare games that were 15 years ago, we live game by game at the moment.

My comment was just about McTominay playing better than he normally does. Also I pointed out different aspects in his game that been seriously lacking before.

I have never rated him and just gave him some credit when it's due. I feel there is too much negativity about players even if they come out and play.
I don't see him as a starter in this club and I'd have rather kept Fred instead of him. Of course in the big picture we need better players than both of them.

Eriksen sitting and controlling definitely freed him. Some of his worst games have been when he has played as a DM.

Stadjer

He was fine, people were hyping up Palinha in the match thread, who completed the grand total of 23 passes in the match, which is a strange response given the attitude to McT.
Weird to bring up Palhinha. Palhinha isnt a good passer at all but neither is McT. Palhinha is 99th percentile for tackles and 90th for interceptions. Palhinha is elite at being a 'destroyer' midfielder while McT is average at best at whatever his role is.

Passing a lot or making progressive passes forward isnt Palhinha his job at all. Although he actually has better stats than McT for it but it isnt what Palhinha his job is. I wouldnt expect Palhinha to make a lot of passes just like how i dont expect Hojlund to make a lot of tackles.

NZT-One

I don't think that Fulham was slightly better team - played for the draw in my opinion. We have played like shit as a team for some time - so I take this pretty bad win and be happy about it. You can't compare games that were 15 years ago, we live game by game at the moment.

My comment was just about McTominay playing better than he normally does. Also I pointed out different aspects in his game that been seriously lacking before.

I have never rated him and just gave him some credit when it's due. I feel there is too much negativity about players even if they come out and play.
I don't see him as a starter in this club and I'd have rather kept Fred instead of him. Of course in the big picture we need better players than both of them.

Eriksen sitting and controlling definitely freed him. Some of his worst games have been when he has played as a DM.
I understand. But when negativity is considered an issue, the other side of the medal should as well. What you say seems absolutely fair. Would have never guessed it when reading "unleashed".

Bobski

The speed he was running in for that chance, why?

ah so many silly moments from this team.
Thought he played ok, and was much more willing to take the ball in tight areas. His worst moment was for the 2-2 goal when he could have taken the ball down and taken some pressure off, opted to try and hoof it over the top to Garnacho, really poor choice.

For that chance he was coming fast but if Bruno puts it softly ahead of him that is his speciality.

Roboc7

Him and Amrabat were really poor in the second half, absolutely no quality on the ball and didn’t have the guts to pass the ball forwards. Started off well at least and a good assist, terrible decision in build up to their second though.

Alemar

Not good at all, sadly. Made a good assist, yes, but his second half performance was terrible

Diamond Chap

Supports
Airdrieonians
Played well.
Showing some consistency.
The bigger problem is elsewhere in the squad.

RuudtheRed

He has a goal in him. Unfortunately he is not going to be an elite DM or controller in midfield but if used as a box-to-box midfielder, we could do worse than him. Certainly he showed more than Eriksen and Amrabat yesterday night. Problem is no one really has the composure or nous to calm things down regularly in midfield.

Hackman2210

10 for effort - ok 7 for talent but would you perfer it the other way around?
Show me a 10 and a 10 and I'll probably say he already plays for Man City.

I like Scott - honest player, no agenda to him, loves the club, gives everything, under Fergie he would have won the title.

JoaquinJoaquin

Thought he was ok in the first half, but completely invisible in the second. Has zero business starting games though.

Idxomer

0 tackles, 0 blocks, and 0 interceptions as a defensive midfielder in a team with a man down.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
0 tackles, 0 blocks, and 0 interceptions as a defensive midfielder in a team with a man down.
Amrabat with one tackle, zero blocks and interceptions.
McT did actually put a tackle on, just didn't win it.
Maguire with one tackle, Eriksen with zero etc etc etc.
Only players with more than one tackle, our full backs, AWB and Dalot.

McT with three clearances and an assist, more completed passes than Bruno.

Bwuk

The agenda people have against him is unrreal.

Whether you rate him or not, it’s pretty clear he’s part of our strongest 11 atm.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
His last two starts have definitely been his best performances of the season, with stats to back this up. More touches, more passes, more involved. He still very naive about his defensive responsibilities. Poor positioning and poor at tracking runners. Still though, if he’s improving then that needs to be acknowledged.

drdoityourself

IIRC he had a very poor cross field pass that gave them the attack for the penalty. Did well for our first goal but little of note after that.
That's what he does, that one good thing and everybody in the media creams themselves, Savage couldn't stop talking him up.
But the mistakes, the lack of impact is never mentioned and everybody gets fooled he had a good game.

Still one of his better performances (a low bar) and the other options have been underwhelming, so not sure where to move from him. Maybe Mejbri and surely Amrabat is better than he has shown so far.