scousers singing

Los Rojos

Gobbledygook from the plastic spastic
Marching said:
Where did I tar all the fans with the same brush?

If you had taken the trouble to read what I did say you might have caught this...
I read the post previous to the one I was quoting as saying something that wasn't close to what you actually said, god knows how. Still, you can't actually have a go at fans pointing and laughing etc, at a player of their serious rivals going down can you? Granted he was injured badly, but the Liverpool fans couldn't tell that straight away could they? It can only have become apparent to the majority when the St Johns lads et all raced on and the expressions and actions of the players. It's not like they had tv screens etc.

Hopefully LFC will apologise on the scums behalf.
Won't happen.

Marching

Somehow still supports Leeds
Los Rojos said:
I read the post previous to the one I was quoting as saying something that wasn't close to what you actually said, god knows how. Still, you can't actually have a go at fans pointing and laughing etc, at a player of their serious rivals going down can you? Granted he was injured badly, but the Liverpool fans couldn't tell that straight away could they? It can only have become apparent to the majority when the St Johns lads et all raced on and the expressions and actions of the players. It's not like they had tv screens etc.

Won't happen.
FFS, when the LFC fans booed Smithy had been surrounded by medical staff for 5 mins, other players were turning away looking sick after seeing his leg & ankle, he had an airbag around his leg and was being carried off on a stretcher while taking oxygen....how many more clues to it being a very serious injury do you need?

And, I have no doubt that LFC will miss a golden opportunity to tell the scum that booing in those circumstances was wrong.

Shame.

Los Rojos

Gobbledygook from the plastic spastic
Marching said:
FFS, when the LFC fans booed Smithy had been surrounded by medical staff for 5 mins, other players were turning away looking sick after seeing his leg & ankle, he had an airbag around his leg and was being carried off on a stretcher while taking oxygen....how many more clues to it being a very serious injury do you need?
That's the key word here. It should be some, because that's all it was. And I've condemned those in a few posts all ready.

And, I have no doubt that LFC will miss a golden opportunity to tell the scum that booing in those circumstances was wrong.

Shame.
It is wrong, always has been, how do you think the Liverpool fans reacted to the jeers Cisse received at Blackburn last season, and then the songs chanted by their away support at Anfield earlier this season? I also think that there were probably Liverpool fans at those games that booed yesterday, and were upset at the treatment Djibs received - which just goes to show how moronic they were.

Murt

NoJobRed said:
Prove it.
Thank god you're not a fecking politician as you would start WWIII with your wise ass mouth.In fact,I don't even class you a manc at all.
Your hatred for all things Liverpool take over your feelings toward United IMO.
Kind of suprising for an Irishman to be so against the one city in England that is 1/2 Irish.
Hypocritical Twat that you are.
www.rednews.co.uk

Like i said id heard it and id well believe it.

I dont hate Liverpool but i know my history and i know that the Irish side of Liverpool is the Everton side.
Stick to making fun of George Bests death and throwing shite on opposition fans.

Murt

sutty said:
Don't think there's much moral high ground here to be honest
Bandy's right.
Agreed,
problem is that you lot seem to percieve yourself as the most knowledgeable, dignified and respected fans around.
Ive been told that several Liverpool fans over the yrs, whom genuinely believe it.
Never heard a Utd fan saying it.

Time and time were shown how wrong this is.

sutty

Has been dreaming of LFC winning the league since
Murt said:
Agreed,
problem is that you lot seem to percieve yourself as the most knowledgeable, dignified and respected fans around.
Ive been told that several Liverpool fans over the yrs, whom genuinely believe it.
Never heard a Utd fan saying it.

Time and time were shown how wrong this is.

Any argument based on generalisations is bollocks.

There are loads of extremely knowledgable and loyal reds. I'm sure there are loads of extremely knowledgable and loyal mancs. There are also dicks on both sides. It's life.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Murt said:
www.rednews.co.uk

Like i said id heard it and id well believe it.

I dont hate Liverpool but i know my history and i know that the Irish side of Liverpool is the Everton side.
Stick to making fun of George Bests death and throwing shite on opposition fans.
You seem to dwell on all of the bad feelings between the clubs rather than the actual game itself.Thats all you are..a fecking leech.

Big Andy

Bloke
I didn't see any actual shite flying round, but I~ did see coins and other missiles, such as bottles and canss, etc come flying down from the Anfield Road upper tier...

Did hear someone on the train back saying his mate had gotten piss and shit thrown at him, but I didn't think it was literal...

I thought it was bad in milan when the eyeties were literally wanking on the united fans below...

Bearded but no genius

GroundSide said:
I'm not watching the video clip but if you say they sung it then fair enough. It didnt sound like it at Anfield and they applauded him as he left the pitch.
It probably showed up better on the telly because it was the BBC commentary team doing all the booing. ;)

Note to Liverpool supporters: The above post is known as a 'joke' albeit a very bad one. It is not intending to cause convulsions of self-pity, mentions of 96 people, or 'I know you are but what am I'. Thank you.

MightyRedz

Livvie said:
Not really, no.

I've always maintained that jokes etc. about tragedies or incidents like today's are out of order. Should I not bother then? Saying "he without sin" etc. implies that such crap should actually be ignored.
You are absolutely dead right, I thought Rafa got it spot on in his interview after the game when he deflected all talk about the match until he had said how sorry they all were about Alan Smith's injury.

I wasn't at the game on Saturday, and like everybody else watching on television I had a close-up view of what happened. The only defence possible for people who sang the songs is that they didn't have such a good view, and therefore didn't realise the seriousness of the incident.

Alan Smith has never been my favourite footballer, from his time at Leeds when he always seemed on the edge of insanity. That said, I felt sick to the pit of my stomach for the lad and look forward to seeing him make his return to the first-class game.

Nate

Poached vegetables a speciality
redender said:
Why do you expect any different from them? They're scum - always have been

As are you

RedCanuck

redender said:
The type of scum that doesn't throw excrement at opposing players....:nono:
I was shocked to read that on RedIssue, and given they can be a little over the top I was was hoping it wasn't true. Then I read this in the Telegraph:
Liverpool looked a better-balanced team than United in a Cup tie played out in a filthy atmosphere, with sections of both supports shaming great clubs. There were chants about Munich and Hillsborough, a chorus of "Are you watching George Best" and even some excrement dropped from the top tier of the Anfield Road End into the United section (where it hit a steward).
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml;jsessionid=D5NEHRMPJSWXBQFIQMGCFFOAVCBQUIV0?xml=/sport/2006/02/20/sfnliv20.xml&sSheet=/sport/2006/02/20/ixfooty.html

Come off it Scousers, you're not monkeys in a zoo.

Nate

It happens at your lot too.

I know of people who have had piss and shit thrown at them at OT.

Nate

GroundSide said:
Piss maybe nate, but never shit.

I can only go on what I have been told.

But still both are as bad as each other really.

Marching

Somehow still supports Leeds
Chucking shit around?.....jeez, some sick fecks about.

Stamford Bridge

Don't confuse me with facts, my mind's already mad
Livvie said:
You're probably right - but I think we did it mainly because of the history between Haaland and Keane. Not that it justifies it mind.
Its just a bit of stick. Hardly going to harm Smith, who is a big boy and can take care of himself. In fact he probably had more important things on his mind at the time than listening to the crowd.

I think people make too much of taking the piss at matches nowadays.

Nate

Stamford Bridge said:
Its just a bit of stick. Hardly going to harm Smith, who is a big boy and can take care of himself. In fact he probably had more important things on his mind at the time than listening to the crowd.

I dunno, I reckon the hate between us and United has actually got worse recently. Not sure why. Certainly us winning the CL didn't help.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
They are just a bunch of hypocrites who wouldnt mind cheering when our players get injured but couldnt stand Gaz celebrated a goal against them.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
FFS,any new fans of football coming on this site to check out the Prem and how things work in football must be either puking or laughing at us.
Too much with the piss and shit talk.Everyone knows the way it is..its not going to change any time soon

Davo

Harsh luck for Smith, unlike many on here I don't like see the appeal of wishing serious injuries on players, even you cnuts.

Not arsed by the singing mind, tame in comparison to some of the other stuff

RedCanuck

njred said:
FFS,any new fans of football coming on this site to check out the Prem and how things work in football must be either puking or laughing at us.
Too much with the piss and shit talk.Everyone knows the way it is..its not going to change any time soon
It's not good though NJ. The singing about tradgedy is over the line but once one side starts it's inevitable. The monkey stuff is simply revolting, dehumanizing stuff.

wancolos

Diarrhetic homosexual- likes to beat Noggies with
It's seemed rather confirmed when I read about it...

LWAR

It's the ultimate football atmosphere - Patrick Vi
Stamford Bridge said:
I agree, it seems to me the United lads who were actually at the match are the least upset by what happened, maybe they understand the atmosphere at these games a little better. Why are people getting more upset about a chant about a broken leg than chants about Munich or Hillsborough?

Anyway, when Smith broke his leg our players rushed to the scene, our medical staff hurried on to the pitch, our fans clapped him off and it was the first thing Rafa mentioned in his post match interview. And we're being called lowlife scum. :rolleyes: