Sean Longstaff

Status
Not open for further replies.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Looks a very nice passer from that clip. Too small a smaple of course.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Newcastle fans are very worried they're gonna lose him from what i've read on their forum. They're worried Ashley will accept £20m. Some even believe he'll be worth £75m with a full season under his belt.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Newcastle fans are very worried they're gonna lose him from what i've read on their forum. They're worried Ashley will accept £20m. Some even believe he'll be worth £75m with a full season under his belt.
Yeah read few posts, they think if he shows same form over a season then they can't hold on to him.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
This place confuses me in fairness
* we dont want to buy talented youth( unless they are Portuguese or Spanish or Dutch etc.)
* we want to buy big players like city
* we want to buy off the radar like liverpool
* we want the United way ala Fergie ( loads of people forget he bought some howlers too)
* We want youth
*we need experience
* homegrown is best
* I hate Lingard and Rashford ( not me I like them )

For me sign the young lad give him a chance . In my opinion Mctominay was very good this year and we need more like that .

I am sure I will get lashed, but we all want us to get back to the top maybe just maybe Superstars aren't the way
We're spoilt and will always complain about anything.

That's football fans in general.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots

Looks quite stiff .. is he the modern day CDM we need to play out from the back and super press resistant?

oreon

We're spoilt and will always complain about anything.

That's football fans in general.
Look at the club. There's plenty reasons to complain. And there's has to be concern with this UTD dna transfer strategy. If James and Longstaff are being brought in as backups that's fine but they can't be brought in to be in the starting XI that is a horrible transfer strategy.

James has played 0 premier league games. Longstaff has 9 premier league games. They are not ready especially with the pressure that comes from being a ManUTD player. There are other young British and non British players that are more talented and more proven. Those are the players we need to go after. The likes of Ndombele, Sancho, Rice, Felix or Pepe. They will cost more but these players and come in and right away improve the team right away.

Last edited by a moderator:

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Look at the club. There's plenty reasons to complain. And there's has to be concern with this UTD dna transfer strategy. If James and Longstaff are being brought in as backups that's fine but they can't be brought in to be in the starting XI that is a horrible transfer strategy.

James has played 0 premier league games. Longstaff has 9 premier league games. They are not ready especially with the pressure that comes from being a ManUTD player. There are other young British and non British players that are more talented and more proven. Those are the players we need to go after. The likes of Ndombele, Sancho, Rice, Felix or Pepe. They will cost more but these players and come in and right away improve the team right away.
Nah, the truth is that we're that badly runned that even players like Longstaff and James would come in and immediately improve us.

We literally have no right winger and our midfield is being played with Matic's slow plodding about every game while Pogba decides whether he can be arsed to play or not on that day.

We will get at least a big name signing this summer, Woodward needs it to distract the investors and sponsors from our terrible showing last year.

It's how we've been ran under Sir Alex, one or two big names sprinkled with a young hungry British core. Will it still work? Nobody knows, but it's a much better plan than throwing money at mercanaries every year and act shocked when they demand more money to stick with us.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Are people comparing Carrick to this fella simply because they’re from the same part of the country? I mean what the feck has he done do be remotely compared to Carrick? Jesus...
The comparisons are coming from the style of player he is, not what he has achieved or where he's grown up. To be fair, there are some striking similarities.

amolbhatia50k

The comparisons are coming from the style of player he is, not what he has achieved or where he's grown up. To be fair, there are some striking similarities.
Yeah his passing looks similarly effortless from the one clip I've seen. But it's so little and anyone can look impressive in a short compilation clip.

M16Red

Nah, the truth is that we're that badly runned that even players like Longstaff and James would come in and immediately improve us.

We literally have no right winger and our midfield is being played with Matic's slow plodding about every game while Pogba decides whether he can be arsed to play or not on that day.

We will get at least a big name signing this summer, Woodward needs it to distract the investors and sponsors from our terrible showing last year.

It's how we've been ran under Sir Alex, one or two big names sprinkled with a young hungry British core. Will it still work? Nobody knows, but it's a much better plan than throwing money at mercanaries every year and act shocked when they demand more money to stick with us.
I think most of the fan are under the impression now. We will be in for the big names but who would want to come given the choice, all the teams above are in finals or have won trophies.

humdinger

Looks a well rounded midfielder with lovely passing ability. Think he’d be a great addition to our squad.

SteveW

Are people comparing Carrick to this fella simply because they’re from the same part of the country? I mean what the feck has he done do be remotely compared to Carrick? Jesus...
Watch the video and squint a little

Thunderhead

Supports
City
not sure if I said this earlier in the thread, I think he's going to be better than Rice, seen him twice this season at SJP, Blackburn and City, and he was the best player on the park for the mags in both games, think the Blackburn game was his debut.

Jammiedodger

Im 50/50 on him.

Sometimes he looks average and a bit meh (like Matic right now) and sometimes he looks like a potential beast that nobody wants to come up against (like Matic from 6 years ago)

Depends how much Newcastle ask for. If its crazy money then forget it.

Last edited:

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Don’t get me wrong I would be delighted if we had another Carrick on our hands. Though I hope we do add experience as well as youth.

cyberman

We should just overrate the youth players of other clubs.
We're not rating anything, its the reports that we want to sign them that fans are crying about. Asking us to avoid signing youngsters because player z from the reserves is destined for great things and we really mean it this time. This youth generation is the one...

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
20m would be a good deal.

croadyman

I remember being quite impressed by him when he played against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.

Newcastle got beat but still thought he was their best player on the day,also had an impressive showing against City at St James Park too

amolbhatia50k

Apparently City couldn't deal with him and Newcastle's other holding midfielder in the game in which they beat City, and Pep praised them for the same. Nice.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Don’t get me wrong I would be delighted if we had another Carrick on our hands. Though I hope we do add experience as well as youth.
My first reaction was...he looks a little Carrick esque there, in upright pose, smooth passing and nicking balls off players with quick movements.

Imagine if he turned out anywhere near the same level.

Tiber

‘Why the feck are we offering £80m for this guy from Spurs? The time to get him was when he was at Newcastle/Stoke/Swansea/Fluminense. As usual, are scouts are useless. We must be the worst run big club in the world’.

This is what it looks like when you sign them from Newcastle, Swansea and the likes you moaning gits.
Yea this is pretty much where I am at with this.

Last year signing Maguire was ridiculous, 'useless' 'only a target because he is English' etc. Now? He is even more expensive and will probably end up at City

I know feck all about this guy. But in a world where a young right back costs 50+ million Pounds, is it really insane to consider a fairly unproven player our coaches obviously fancy who could be signed for less than half that price?

Status
Not open for further replies.