Sergio Ramos

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Ramos does not give a shit about La Liga, he really doesn’t. He’s always bombing forward and carefree about defending.

Champions League Ramos is a different beast entirely. He’s an amazing defender when he actually concentrates on defending.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Still a nonsense rule, but :lol: because it's Ramos.

tony54

By this time last year this place was tripping all over itself to crown him the best big game player of his generation, "winner", "great captain" etc :lol:

He's what he is. You take the good with the bad. Given the good has given us 3 CL and 2 league titles in the last 6 years, we're more than happy with him :D
He is a game winner and I wish we had got him when it was rumoured that he might be coming to old trafford. I guess, it was only a rumour so that real madrid would pay a hiğhér price for him. Such a shame though.

We need an rvn

Apart from the initial sanction? Three games in total?
I think that 3 games should be a fair punishment. 1 for the number of yellows that he accumulated (or tried to) in order to miss the next match and then 2 more for a combination of cheating / missing the next fixtures that he wanted to be back for.

Cheating should be punished, simple as.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Knowing uefa and their rules when it comes to Real Madrid players he will probably get some kind of reward for it.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
I think that 3 games should be a fair punishment. 1 for the number of yellows that he accumulated (or tried to) in order to miss the next match and then 2 more for a combination of cheating / missing the next fixtures that he wanted to be back for.

Cheating should be punished, simple as.
It's 2 in total, apparently.

We need an rvn

It's 2 in total, apparently.
well that's a bit of a joke in my opinion. So a cynical foul (ie you pull someone back when you are the last defender and about to score) gets a straight red card and a 3 match ban. Get a yellow card on purpose so you only miss the next match you only get one.

I'm not talking about a leg breaking challenge but both of the ones I described above are cheating in a way no? Therefore they should be treated in the same way and thus a 3 match ban. Would stop players doing that again in the future.

shaky

well that's a bit of a joke in my opinion. So a cynical foul (ie you pull someone back when you are the last defender and about to score) gets a straight red card and a 3 match ban. Get a yellow card on purpose so you only miss the next match you only get one.

I'm not talking about a leg breaking challenge but both of the ones I described above are cheating in a way no? Therefore they should be treated in the same way and thus a 3 match ban. Would stop players doing that again in the future.
Surely your comparison should be against a basic "professional" foul, intentionally stopping an attack, which results in a yellow card and no suspension. Don't see how that's much different to Ramos. Both times the player knows they will be booked, yet for some reason Ramos gets an additional punishment, harshly in my opinion.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi

They rarely give out 3 match bans in Europe. Muller and Wober got 2 match bans for their straight reds in the Bayern/Ajax match.

Sauldogba

Ramos does not give a shit about La Liga, he really doesn’t. He’s always bombing forward and carefree about defending.

Champions League Ramos is a different beast entirely. He’s an amazing defender when he actually concentrates on defending.
Champions League Ramos >>> La Liga Ramos.

ClR is the best defender in the last 25 years .

We need an rvn

Surely your comparison should be against a basic "professional" foul, intentionally stopping an attack, which results in a yellow card and no suspension. Don't see how that's much different to Ramos. Both times the player knows they will be booked, yet for some reason Ramos gets an additional punishment, harshly in my opinion.
true in that both are professional fouls. The difference is he is deliberately getting himself booked in order to miss the next match and thus be available for the first match of the next round. Hence there should be some additional punishment in my opinion.

Perhaps 3 matches is harsh but has to be more than simply missing the next match he got booked for on purpose.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Pique can't be put in the same sentence with Ramos (imo). Ramos is a one man team, a defender, a goalscorer, a captain, a difference maker.

Pique is just a really good CB in a team that don't do much defending so his awful atlethicism is not so visible most of the time.

I'm not expecting you to agree, just saying it how I see it.
Yo0u're right...Pique can't be in the same sentence as Ramos because Pique is 10 times the defender Ramos is. Ramos is one of the most over rated defenders I have ever seen. He's a very good footballer, and should probably be a DM, but as a defender, I would rather have Jones sitting in front of our keeper than Ramos. For all the defensive mistakes Jones makes, Ramos doubles it...

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Not everyone sees what you see. We'd be nowhere without him. He is a special special player.

Just think about this, he took 9 or 10 penalties this season, scored all of them and only 3 were not panenka's. Hilariously extreme.
Because everyone knows that chipping the keeper on a penalty is what one shjould really look for in a world class defender

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Pique can't be put in the same sentence with Ramos (imo). Ramos is a one man team, a defender, a goalscorer, a captain, a difference maker.

Pique is just a really good CB in a team that don't do much defending so his awful atlethicism is not so visible most of the time.

I'm not expecting you to agree, just saying it how I see it.
At their respective best levels, I'd take Pique over Ramos who I find extremely overrated and a case of perception clouding reality.

Either are not elite CBs for me and wouldn't make my 1st, 2nd or 3rd football 11 from my time following the sport.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself

Maybe Phil Jones only cares about Champions League too

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself

A non-violent red card like DOGSO as you described is a 1 match ban. 3 match bans are for "serious foul play" and "violent conduct"

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
It's amazing how good he is at making these things look accidental.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
You just know that when his decline becomes obvious (if it hasn’t already), there will be a rabid army at the ready to shout about how it’s proof he’s always been a fraud.

Absolute shit house by the way and always has been.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
You just know that when his decline becomes obvious (if it hasn’t already), there will be a rabid army at the ready to shout about how it’s proof he’s always been a fraud.

He's had too many years of success for anybody to legitimately try to claim that, he's a great player who is a massive cnut that deserves to have his antics backfire on him. Can't stand the fecker.

Pace Abuser

After what he did to Salah in Kiev, he can do what he likes as far as I'm concerned.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes

He's never deserved his reputation of being an excellent defender.