Sergio Reguilón

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
good point - presuming hes in spain at the moment then yes he would
Is Shaw fit? Because the last thing I want to see is Brandon fecking Williams putting in another disaster class at left back. You just know Palace will move Zaha to the right just to get at him.

I still feel like we’re not in for a left back.

EwanI Ted

I’ve said all a long I really don’t think we’re in for him. Ole likes Shaw & Williams.
I heard on a podcast this summer - probably the Talk of the Devils one - that the plan for Williams this season is as cover for RB. Anyway, Shaw is so regularly injured that whoever covers for him has to be first team quality. Its one thing to have a youngster covering if they're only expected to make 5 to 10 starts a season, its another thing entirely if they need to make 30.

thomas porter

I just want everyone on this forum to know that I am doing the best Muppetry i can on Instragram to convince Sergio to join...multiple dm's sent, followed his gf, left multiple Come to United pleas...I'm convinced its going to pay dividends!

Tiber

The Athletic Podcast did say it could happen, but they seemed somewhat sceptical

croadyman

Knew we weren’t in for him.
Well really hope we don't keep using Williams as a LB when he plays much better on the other side, definitely leaves us short of quality when Shaw is out injured though so why not go and get Telles before Wolves sign him up first.

cyberman

The player would fight for a move further down the line anyway. Stay well away.

Tiber

I just want everyone on this forum to know that I am doing the best Muppetry i can on Instragram to convince Sergio to join...multiple dm's sent, followed his gf, left multiple Come to United pleas...I'm convinced its going to pay dividends!
Pretty sure his agent is desperate to get him to United. Probably best to start working on getting Sir Ed to make a bid.

Cal?

CR7 fan
I wouldn't want us to be any close to him if this is true. Don't want another stupid saga with Madrid. No need as there are alternatives on the market
We could also bring out the faulty fax machine as long as there's no buy back clause.

davidmichael

There’s no quote from Ornstein in the article?

He actually said this morning that according to some contacts there is an offer but sources at Old Trafford deny it.
The quote from Ornstein is in the middle of the article from the link and says,

“Manchester United… I’ve been told by some contacts there is an offer (for Reguilón), but Old Trafford sources deny this.

“They think they’re being used to draw a bid from Tottenham. I am informed a final decision will be made in the coming days.”

If Real want a buy back clause inserted then they should just keep him, maybe we should see if Ferland Mendy is available from Real as an alternative seeing as Real clearly see themselves as overstocked at left back.

OrcaFat

Ole won’t sign him unless the guy really wants to come here and if Real is the club of his life - why would he even think of leaving?

We know how Ole rolls. I doubt we ever considered him unless Ed was doing his usual King Cnut’s trick of buying players nobody wants.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Ole won’t sign him unless the guy really wants to come here and if Real is the club of his life - why would he even think of leaving?

We know how Ole rolls. I doubt we ever considered him unless Ed was doing his usual King Cnut’s trick of buying players nobody wants.
When has Ed done this? This is how myths start on the Caf and become gospels on these boards.

OrcaFat

When has Ed done this? This is how myths start on the Caf and become gospels on these boards.
Yeah, I know, I’ve got no idea if it’s true. Just going on what previous managers have said (after being fired, so probably not reliable). But either way he is the King of Cnuts, is he not?

croadyman

You feel like the only way that we sign this guy now is if his agent pushes for Madrid to not include that buyback clause.

Interesting to see that Fab has tweeted saying we still haven't decided on signing him yet.

Last edited:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I'm not convinced this signing is right for us. A buy back is a complete non starter for a club like Manchester United unless it suits the best case scenario of him progressing rapidly with us. And all the reports keep suggesting his overwhelming love and attachment to Madrid which makes me skeptical of how he'd adapt to a permanent transfer elsewhere and that too another country.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Set the buyback at 100m. The buyback itself won't be a problem.

Eddy_JukeZ

I'm not convinced this signing is right for us. A buy back is a complete non starter for a club like Manchester United unless it suits the best case scenario of him progressing rapidly with us. And all the reports keep suggesting his overwhelming love and attachment to Madrid which makes me skeptical of how he'd adapt to a permanent transfer elsewhere and that too another country.
Agreed.

Would go nowhere near him if he and his agent insist on a buy back clause.

CG1010

Even without the buyback, if he "dreams" of Madrid then we won't be able to do anything to stop him from joining them later. Will pass in this situation.

EwanI Ted

We really should be avoiding the drama of players who see us as a stepping stone unless they are the best in their position, which this guy is not.
I think there's a difference between a left back and a star striker or creative midfielder. He would have to be a pretty extraordinary left back for us to end up in one of those endless summer transfer sagas back to Real like Ronaldo, left backs just aren't that desirable. Even if he does want to go to Real in a few years I don't see it being too disruptive.

prateik

Never really thought this was on.. Always seemed like a case of madrid trying to generate interest..

They always seem to have a huge squad.. They have already sold players worth ~100m

The quote from Ornstein is in the middle of the article from the link and says,

“Manchester United… I’ve been told by some contacts there is an offer (for Reguilón), but Old Trafford sources deny this.

“They think they’re being used to draw a bid from Tottenham. I am informed a final decision will be made in the coming days.”

If Real want a buy back clause inserted then they should just keep him, maybe we should see if Ferland Mendy is available from Real as an alternative seeing as Real clearly see themselves as overstocked at left back.
Utd are constantly used to initiate bids from other clubs, and wouldn’t be surprised if this is another example.

We won’t entertain a buy back clause. It’s not arrogance, but for a club like Utd it doesn’t make sense. We have bigger priorities than LB in any case.

My personal view is that we are not interested. We may me monitoring him, but that applies to hundreds of players.

Bestie07

I think there's a difference between a left back and a star striker or creative midfielder. He would have to be a pretty extraordinary left back for us to end up in one of those endless summer transfer sagas back to Real like Ronaldo, left backs just aren't that desirable. Even if he does want to go to Real in a few years I don't see it being too disruptive.
I don't necessarily disagree, but then Madrid were able to create quite a ruckus when they were after our goalkeeper as well. Also, we didn't agree to a buyout clause for a talent like Haland so makes no sense to break that policy for a left back. Can't have players coming in through the door already looking for their way out.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
If he is not hungry enough to play for us then I trust Ole to not push for this transfer. Getting Telles would be better business.

Status
Not open for further replies.