Sheffield United...

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I saw the game against Chelsea and they were absolutely brilliant. The intensity of the press and more importantly their quick passing interchanges were pretty incredible to watch. I mean, for a team on their budget, the cohesion and precision to their football was hugely impressive. Getting then to play like that makes me wonder where Wilder has been all this while. Superb stuff.

Dante

Average bang
Wilder is my dream pick for future Ireland manager. He just seems to milk so much more out of the stone than you'd think possible, plus he already has a load of our lads playing for him!
He's a tactical genius. Since I can't see him being appointed to the England job any time soon, I'd love to see him be given a chance by Ireland.

I don't know what your situation is with regards to strikers, but I've always felt that's the one things his teams miss. If you had a Robbie Keane in the squad, Wilder could probably make Ireland quite dangerous.

What makes Wilder so great is his ability to take sub-elite players and mould them into a system that can compete with elite opposition. He'd be perfect for international football.

diarm

He's a tactical genius. Since I can't see him being appointed to the England job any time soon, I'd love to see him be given a chance by Ireland.

I don't know what your situation is with regards to strikers, but I've always felt that's the one things his teams miss. If you had a Robbie Keane in the squad, Wilder could probably make Ireland quite dangerous.

What makes Wilder so great is his ability to take sub-elite players and mould them into a system that can compete with elite opposition. He'd be perfect for international football.
Slim to none at the moment, although we do have a number of potential options on the fringes of breaking through.

With Parrott at Spurs, Idah at Norwich, Obafemi at Southampton, Connolly at Brighton and Afolabi at Celtic all promising to various degrees, hopefully at least one or two can step up and deliver the goals that could make it work.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots

Actually the tactical genius behind the side is Alan Knill. Wilder is the glue who holds it all together and more of the man-management genius of the duo.

https://www.pythagorasinboots.com/sheffield-united-tactical-technical-and-psychological-analysis/

Both got separated after Wilder chose Halifax as his next stop before reuniting in Northampton Town (with their roles reversed) and then Sheffield United. Knill, is somewhat similar to Tito Villanova, the ex-manager of FC Barcelona whilst Wilder is similar to Klopp in terms of how close he is with the players and how the players’ approach to him. Knill is the technical brain of the partnership; managing the training sessions, analyzing the game and certain improvements need to be make.

Skeezix

Take a bow there. What a terrific performance by the Blades there. Chelsea didn't get a sniff at the goal apart from the Pulisic header at the early part of the game.
Sheffield completely dominated the 50-50's, overloaded the flanks. By 60th minute, Lampard was turning the game into classic Mourinho's game. Lobbing the ball for Giroud who's no Fellaini though.

Hope Sheffield do one more favour for us against Leicester on Thursday.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Wilder is an extremely good manager/coach, (and a terrific number 2 in Alan Knill), he turned Northampton round very impressively when he was there a few years ago. Won Division 2 at a canter, picked up some very talented players from clubs where they weren't performing well, and moulded them into an extremely watchable team. Unfortunately for us, other clubs came calling, with more money etc. Surprisingly, he was set to join Charlton, and I believe, was on his way, when he got the nod, or a call that his boyhood team, and first love, Sheffield United needed a new man at the helm. The rest, as they say, is history. One interesting fact from the Northampton team he put together, is that (as they do) bigger clubs came sniffing around our players, and quite a few moved on, but I don't think any of them really performed as well as they did under Wilder, that man has certainly got something. I've read some posters on here that they think The Blades will struggle next season, I don't think they will. Wilder has a knack of picking up very good players, for decent money, and I think the team will stay around the top half of the table for some time, obviously injuries etc may curtail their efforts, but don't write them of.

Reactions: Invictus

diarm

Actually the tactical genius behind the side is Alan Knill. Wilder is the glue who holds it all together and more of the man-management genius of the duo.

https://www.pythagorasinboots.com/sheffield-united-tactical-technical-and-psychological-analysis/
Wilder is an extremely good manager/coach, (and a terrific number 2 in Alan Knill), he turned Northampton round very impressively when he was there a few years ago. Won Division 2 at a canter, picked up some very talented players from clubs where they weren't performing well, and moulded them into an extremely watchable team. Unfortunately for us, other clubs came calling, with more money etc. Surprisingly, he was set to join Charlton, and I believe, was on his way, when he got the nod, or a call that his boyhood team, and first love, Sheffield United needed a new man at the helm. The rest, as they say, is history. One interesting fact from the Northampton team he put together, is that (as they do) bigger clubs came sniffing around our players, and quite a few moved on, but I don't think any of them really performed as well as they did under Wilder, that man has certainly got something. I've read some posters on here that they think The Blades will struggle next season, I don't think they will. Wilder has a knack of picking up very good players, for decent money, and I think the team will stay around the top half of the table for some time, obviously injuries etc may curtail their efforts, but don't write them of.
Two very interesting posts. Cheers lads

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
Still think we would win. Tighter game though
With the form you are in it wouldn’t shock me if it was 3-0 again but I think we’d cause more problems than we did.

The same Norwood from United's academy? Nice to see another academy graduate doing well.
That’s the one, finally got his chance at PL level and he’s smashing it. More than happy for him to retire here.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Refreshing to see a team with the amount of physical prowess that they poses yet,fundamentally, are not overly reliant on those attributes as a offensive force.
So,unlike a team like Pullis's Stoke City,they can play while also being alot more varied tactically.

Suffice to say,Wilder and team are doing an exceptional job.