Sheffield United...

Infestissumam

outstanding season from them. Can't help but marvel at the job Chris Wilder has done there, never thought they'd be top 10 material ... never mind a contender for Europe!

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Wilder is Manager of the Year, for me.

By a distance, too.
I agree. You look at that squad and it just screams Championship standard but yet here they are with a serious chance for Europa League football. I think that is down to Wilder with the way he organises this team week in week out.

Castia

Would be great to get Henderson 1 more season with Sheff United they’ve been brilliant for his development and if they get Europa League it gets him even more experience.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Thank feck we played them right after restart. It’s only after our game have they picked form.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
One of the best performances I have seen this season by Sheffield United v Chelsea.
So much intensity from the first whistle. Always in the face of the Chelsea players.
Their manager has a little short of perfection.
They have no prima donnas. Just honest players who work their socks off.
A proper team.

mu4c_20le

Would be great to get Henderson 1 more season with Sheff United they’ve been brilliant for his development and if they get Europa League it gets him even more experience.
Definitely, he's developing nicely, ironing out the mistakes and it was nice to see him being confident with the ball at his feet today

Djemba-Djemba

They're a fantastic team and I actually think they're entertaining to watch.

I'd much rather watch these play than Wolves for example.

Hopefully they do us one more favour against Leicester in a few days.

RashyForPM

Done some research and found that if they win the rest of their games, Leicester lose to United, City’s ban is upheld and Wolves drop points once (Chelsea away?), they’ll qualify for the CL. It sounds outlandish and too much of a fantasy, but their remaining fixtures are as follows:

Leicester A
Everton H
Saints A

With the way they’ve been playing, they will go into the Leicester game as equals and the last two as favourites. A bit of luck and they’ll make it. Would be delighted for them too, as long as it’s not at our expense.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
They're a fantastic team and I actually think they're entertaining to watch.

I'd much rather watch these play than Wolves for example.

Hopefully they do us one more favour against Leicester in a few days.
I think Wilder and even Dyche are wrongly thought of as some sort of boring Alardyce smash+grab teams. But neither Sheffield, or Burnley actually play that way.

RooneyLegend

They might be the best tactically drilled team in the league.
Agree with this, Wilder leaves nothing to chance. They find a way to both sit back and have pressure on the ball at the same time. That's always a sign of a immensely drilled side.

RooneyLegend

I think Wilder and even Dyche are wrongly thought of as some sort of boring Alardyce smash+grab teams. But neither Sheffield, or Burnley actually play that way.
Nah, Burnley don't even try to score half the time. Sheffield is different though, just lack quality.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
When it’s all said and done those 2 points robbed from them by VAR against Villa could be the difference between CL football and not.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
What a brilliant season. What a great club. One of the last few genuinely family working class clubs are smashing the Premier League.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Full of championship players except Berg. What an achievement. They will run out of gas next season. Hopefully they invest wisely .

Some who don't watch them are incredibly harsh to equate them to some team just lumping the ball up and hoping for the best. Probably my favorite team to watch in the league on form other than City and maybe Brighton. I just love that short crisp passing and combination around the box. Their CBs are better technically than most in the league, so good at combining with the wingbacks in tight spaces. Wilder has to be manager of the year (he won't win unfortunately), the way he has his players engaging any ball to an opposition midfielder and forcing them immediately backwards is brilliant.

McGoldrick is so key to the way they play, automatic starter even without the goals, so happy for him today.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Favorites for relegation at the beginning of the season. Favorites for Europe by the end of it. Hats off to them!

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
One of the best tactically drilled team in the league. There overload the wings and make so many little overlapping runs before crossing the ball. Defensively they were great today and most of the season. Wilder is awesome.

Okey

They might be the best tactically drilled team in the league.
I recall saying this a few moons ago. Can't remember the discourse exactly. Hugely impressive team. Today Chelsea kept trying to change it. Sheffield knew exactly what they were doing, including the subs. Klopp will get it, but I totally agree Wilder is manager of the season.

paulscholes18

Wilder is Manager of the Year, for me.

By a distance, too.
Yes, would deserve it. Unfortunately only 3 times in the premier league has manager of the season has gone to someone other than the title winning manager

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Nah, Burnley don't even try to score half the time. Sheffield is different though, just lack quality.
This season is a bit different for them but I strongly disagree that's the way Burnley play over the past couple seasons. You don't get to Europa by just not bothering to try and score. They are actually an efficient team to watch when they get going.

SAFMUTD

You look at the names in their squad and I wouldnt take anyone besides Henderson, theyre really playing better than the sum of their parts. Extraordinary job by Wilder

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
The resurgence of form in recent weeks is more impressive than their early season form. That may sound mad but it’s easy for teams like SU who don’t have the ‘quality’ of other teams to completely self destruct but to turn it around after a very poor run and have a few very impressive wins is testament to their character and bodes well for them long term.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
You look at the names in their squad and I wouldnt take anyone besides Henderson, theyre really playing better than the sum of their parts. Extraordinary job by Wilder
Watched them a few times and Norwood also looks impressive.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
They’ve had a great season, but I do wonder if they’ll get found out next season.
A few times a promoted club will have a great first season but totally flop the second

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
They’ve had a great season, but I do wonder if they’ll get found out next season.
A few times a promoted club will have a great first season but totally flop the second
Every year we hear the same ;) Honestly though, it is the PL now so it’s a higher level but Wilder has shown enough now to prove that the system can be changed and can adapt. The only worry is fitness if we get a European spot for me.

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
Just want to put this out there. Our deepest midfielder pulling these numbers, so glad to have him.

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
Shows how well we played vs them
You did play very well against us I’ll admit that but I’d love to see how we’d do now that we have a bit of confidence. We were dire at the restart at least now we’ve tightened up and are scoring goals.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I thought they would win today against a Chelsea who lack organisation and I think they will go to Leicester and win too.

They are so well drilled and comfortable playing together and they work for each other to the man.

Fantastic performance today and I fully expect them to go to Leicester and win and make things really interesting.

Hope City’s ban is upheld, because they deserve to have that target.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Every year we hear the same ;) Honestly though, it is the PL now so it’s a higher level but Wilder has shown enough now to prove that the system can be changed and can adapt. The only worry is fitness if we get a European spot for me.
How are you managing without a quality striker ? I mean current options are just doing their job but definitely you would need more quality?

Also what other positions do you think you would improve in the summer ? Any players linked ?

Amarsdd

Sheffield United were probably my "second team" in the PL partly because of Norwood and Henderson and partly for this weird tactics Wilder used. If you guys can do a job on Leicester next, Sheffield United will be my second team in the PL for life. :)

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
How are you managing without a quality striker ? I mean current options are just doing their job but definitely you would need more quality?

Also what other positions do you think you would improve in the summer ? Any players linked ?
Oh 100% I think we need some improvement but we’ve coped, putting 3 past both Tottenham and Chelsea recently is decent :lol:

I’ve seen us linked with Dennis from Brugge I think it is but not sure if there’s any legs in it. John Swift from Reading I’ve read a lot about and recently Cantwell has popped up in rumours. I trust whoever we fetch in really simply because Wilder can work wonders with cast offs.

diarm

Wilder is my dream pick for future Ireland manager. He just seems to milk so much more out of the stone than you'd think possible, plus he already has a load of our lads playing for him!