Gaming Shenmue III

Leg-End

That's bound to give it a boost, people love physical copies.

I'll be upping my pledge to get it.

Bojan11

Yep, it's on 4 million now. If they can get around 7m then it would be pretty good.

caid

Still have to back this : /
Guess ill do it next week for the final push

Leg-End

2 Days to go, going to go over $5 million pretty soon.

Not bad.

Kaos

I get the feeling they'll push for more crowdfunding beyond KickStarter the same way Star Citizen has. That game has raised something stupid to the tune of $80million so far.

Leg-End

Yeah I think they will, they should anyway. Kickstarter doesn't support PayPal which I guess puts a lot of people off or if they are overseas it complicates matters. If they open it up with even more lower end rewards as it develops its gonna continue to get healthy support, I'd certainly bung a few more quid in to get some cool stuff back.

Dazzmondo

The faces might need some work.

:lol::lol::lol:
Bloody hell the facial animations look awful. It won't matter to me because ultimately I'm interested in the story and the characters, but they'll want to make a decent profit and will need far more impressive graphics to bring in new fans. Looks way too cartoonish for my liking and I imagine a lot of others will think similarly. I will say the environments look nice. Shenhua's face in particular looks really weird to me though. They should really release hd remasters of the first 2 games before they release Shenmue 3. Anybody know the status of potential remasters?

Twisted_Woody

Scout
They really need to re-release 1 and 2 so those of us who played them 14 years ago can remember what the heck is going on in the story.

Skizzo

Have no idea what happened in the first two anymore. Just remember spending way too much time opening those little plastic balls of toys, and working the docks.

Must admit I lost a bit of enthusiasm for this after seeing that trailer.

Blind

The faces are bad enough but the movement is even worse, those fight scenes :lol:

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I'd have been slightly impressed if that were FMV from a Dreamcast game.

Hullyback

Supports
Liverpool FC
I can't wait for this. Genuinely never expected to see another one so even if it's a 5/10 it's better than nothing. Shenmue is still far and away the greatest game I've ever played. Blew me away when it was released and I played it that much I can pretty much play it start to finish in my head 16/17 years later and hum most of the music, even the annoying stuff like the Tomato store jingle.

Bojan11

Another year not going to make a difference. I’m just glad they haven’t cancelled it yet...

It means people get a chance to play the remakes.

Rooney1987

I always thought it was 2019 anyway.

Do we have a release date for the HD releases of 1 and 2 yet?

Bojan11

I know they delayed it for a few months. Coming out in November but this is looking good.

Irwin99

I really want this to be good. I loved the first two games. I hope it does well and plays well.

Bojan11

Reviews are two days after the game is out, which is like different.

I backed the kick starter, so get it day one. But I can see most shenmue fans who didn’t back it on Kickstarter end up buying it on day 1, but you hope it attracts more than just shenmue fans.