Sherlock

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Still love it, yet to be convinced by the evil Graham Norton that is Moriarty.

cinc

Anybody who's a fan of the original books have an opinion on the series (I haven't watched it, tbh)? Is it a travesty, or a welcome revitalisation of Conan Doyle's stories?
I have read them and loved them. It is a very good modern adaptation, the stories differ quite a lot obviously, but the characters are true to the originals.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Thanks, mate. :)

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
It almost seems as if Moffat took a little bit too much inspiration from Russel T Davis (who I've never thought was a good writer) whilst at Dr.Who and decided his John Simm "Master" re-imagining was the prototype to follow...Called it completely wrong if so.

Gambit

It almost seems as if Moffat took a little bit too much inspiration from Russel T Davis (who I've never thought was a good writer) whilst at Dr.Who and decided his John Simm "Master" re-imagining was the prototype to follow...Called it completely wrong if so.
Or literally took to much inspiration from Russel T Davis and based it on him. Anyway looks like ol' Benedict might be Benico's replacement in Star Trek 2. (Noel Clarkes in it too).

Gambit

Now if Benedict can just gt the role he was born to play. Gaimans Morpheus (Sandman).

De Selby

Scottish
Supports
Guangzhou Pharmaceutical F.C.
Moriarty is atrocious. The ham acting plus the Dublin 4 accent makes for a bit of a mess.

Apart from that, I quite enjoyed it.

Ray Peterson

Reserve Team Player
I don't normally watch things like this. Have to say I was pleasantly surprised, but the very end part was a bit silly.

jveezy

Fo' shizzle
Moriarty is atrocious. The ham acting plus the Dublin 4 accent makes for a bit of a mess.

Apart from that, I quite enjoyed it.
There was something a bit awkward about him, but I quite enjoyed the psychotic vibe I got from him. It's just that everything else makes it a bit hard to take him too seriously as a villain.

Spoony

The People's President
I've downloaded the first series. I'd have preferred Victorian England to've been the setting.

Gambit

Not as good as the previous weeks but still enjoyable.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Yep not as good as the first but still good. I couldn't stand Russell Tovey's posh accent.

Scrumpet

There are no words
I liked it but some things didn't make much sense to me. Like did members of a secret military chemical experiment really get T-shirts made?

Yep not as good as the first but still good. I couldn't stand Russell Tovey's posh accent.
It was extremely annoying.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Average enough of episode, but I guess anything would be after that first episode.

redspoony

Watched this for the first time last night, quite enjoyed it.

Also, I just read the new Sherlock Holmes book, The House of Silk, by Anthony Horowitz. Very good stuff.

WeasteDevil

I've downloaded the first series. I'd have preferred Victorian England to've been the setting.
I would too, but I see no harm in it. The actual setting in terms of era is irrelevant really, just like a Shakespearian play. The only reason we want it to be set in the original location is because we're so used to seeing it in such a setting, so it looks a bit odd when it's not.

AVARiCE

Also, I just read the new Sherlock Holmes book, The House of Silk, by Anthony Horowitz. Very good stuff.
I've not read any of the books but I love Horowitz' writing. Would you recommend it?

I love the show. Seriously my favourite thing on TV right now.

redspoony

I've not read any of the books but I love Horowitz' writing. Would you recommend it?

I love the show. Seriously my favourite thing on TV right now.
Absolutely (said without having read anything by Horowitz before).

It would be worth reading a couple of the originals beforehand though.

I would recommend A Scandal in Bohemia, The Red Headed League, The Adventure of the Resident Patient, The Adventure of the Speckled Band and The Final Problem.

All the above are short stories. Of course,there are the novels such as The Hound of the Baskervilles, which is a classic.

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
I think Mycroft is the best character in it.

I'm a huge fan of the books and have read his complete works three times in my life. This is a really good adaptation, but I think with this second series they are going a bit ott. Just let Sherlock wow the audience by being Sherlock. As someone pointed out, there was no need for the minority report bollocks.

The_Red_Hope

So what was that last scene supposed to be?

Has Moriarty been caught and then released? Was he subjected to the H.O.U.N.D drug?

Not sure where they were going with that but I hope they don't get too 'epic' for their own good and have more Sherlock and less Mission Impossible.

TheHorse'sMouth

Supports
Arsenal
Just caught up on both episodes. Excellent stuff once again, they really nail the spirit the stories were written in rather than attempting a quick rehash like the Sherlock movie has done. Martin Freeman has the Watson role down to a tee, and Ben Cumberbatch is an extremely gifted actor. Plus he's an OH..top man.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
I actually though the Baskerville re-do was rubbish. It made very little sense for a start and was full of very silly bits. Why would a secret government project print t-shirts? and why would someone seeking to continue that research years later wear that T-shirt, conveniently, when killing off a loose end? Plus the whole bit at then end with the dogs and the killer in the mask being there, but sort of not really doing anything, then not putting up a fight, then encouraging them to kill it, then running away, i mean it was all a bit of a mess to be honest. Nowhere near as good as the last one IMO.

Still, Tim & Cucumber are still eminently watchable and it zips along well enough...Not holding out a great deal of hope for the last one though, considering it's very heavily based around the unconvincing Moriarty.

WeasteDevil

There were many thing wrong with the Baskerville "re-do" as you put it IMO, but your criticisms for me are picky and do not actually deal with what was wrong with it. You're like the bloke that uses a pin to get the seeds out of a pomegranate, when actually the best way is to take the half, turn it over, and give it a good whack.

redtilded121

several of the endings in the originals are frankly a bit silly ,so a modern interpretation either come up with a convoluted and probably messy ending or stick roughly with the original and let it go with the flow.
me i suspend my disbelief and thoroughly enjoy the entertainment.

Gambit

Well I enjoyed that, I've also accepted evil Graham Norton. Although why evil Graham Norton did what he did doesn't make any sense.

Smores

Best episode of the series by far that, now for another long wait :(