Shinji Kagawa | Signs for Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I have to admit, the thought of signing two midfielders, albeit wide or attacking who are both capable of contributing a good amount of goals and assists it very appealing.

Strikers: Rooney, Welbeck and Hernandez.
AMC's/Forwards: Kagawa and Hazard
Wide: Valencia, Nani, Young, Hazard
Centre: Carrick, Scholes, Cleverley, Anderson, Asamoah (:D) Giggs

A left back added to defence and I would be very happy with that squad going into next season.

I'm always right

I just don't understand why fans care about fees as it's something that's never bothered me.
I respect your views but that's similar to saying "I don't understand why some people care about the debt and the clubs finances".

Some care, some don't. I personally can understand both sides.

Scrumpet

There are no words
Yes, I prefer us to run a tight ship and not be screwed over like Liverpool were with Carroll and Henderson.
But we're not really getting screwed over in that case. I think the fact that a player is in the last year of their contract should only really come into play if the player is determined to go to one particular club.

Edit: I see things have moved on.

Ekeke

I think people care about transfer fees because they dont want their club overstretching themselves, but at the same time want to see the club make sure they get the right players in the right positions to make sure the club continues to do well.

This is called "value" and its something we hear a lot about from our staff.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
I think people care about transfer fees because they dont want their club overstretching themselves, but at the same time want to see the club make sure they get the right players in the right positions to make sure the club continues to do well.

This is called "value" and its something we hear a lot about from our staff.
People care because they are idiots who like to fuss. What something costs is not enough to do an appraisal of value and affordability. You need to know many other factors. It's like the transfer speculation, total hot air but people can't stop themselves.

The Neviller

Saying you wouldn't spend £16million on Kagawa because Ozil only cost £13million is like saying you wouldn't buy an apple for 50p in Tesco's because Asda sell oranges for 40p.

Fair enough if Guybrush had have said he didn't think Kagawa was worth £16million, I might not care but I could understand where he's coming from, but he brought Ozil to the table to prove a point, but it proves no point.

Furthermore, he said it showed the value of fee's in today's market. Ozil moved two years ago, it shows nothing in today's market. And also means my analogy doesn't fit either.

So basically, what Guybrush was saying, that I didn't agree with and don't really understand is that an apple isn't worth 50p in Tesco because Asda were selling oranges for 40p two years ago.

But I respect tha he's entitled to his opinion.

Dion

How about Guybrush saying he wouldn't like to spend £1.60 on a bag of Granny Smiths apples in a sale because last week his disingenuous greedy Spanish friend bought a bag of Pink Lady apples (widely recognised as vastly superior) for £1.30 in a similar sale?

The idea that you can't make a judgement on what is fair value for a player based on the contractual situation and similar dealings just doesn't make sense to me.

I think I'm going to go and get an apple.

forevrared

Although I thought this was a dead cert about a week ago, if we really are back in with a shout on Hazard, I could see why we'd be stalling this deal. I'd still think both could come, but perhaps Sir Alex has identified both of them as possibilities for the same place in the squad.

/muppet

Off for a pear, then.

I'm always right

How about Guybrush saying he wouldn't like to spend £1.60 on a bag of Granny Smiths apples in a sale because last week his disingenuous greedy Spanish friend bought a bag of Pink Lady apples (widely recognised as vastly superior) for £1.30 in a similar sale?

The idea that you can't make a judgement on what is fair value for a player based on the contractual situation and similar dealings just doesn't make sense to me.

:lol: superb.

The Neviller

A laughable notion, everyone knows Granny Smiths are the Queen of apples.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Would I be right to maybe suggest we'll only sign one of Kagawa or Hazard, if we do sign one of them? That they're similar enough in the roles they both play?

The Don

Metrosexual Candy Shagger
Dayman, ahhhahhhahh, fighter of the nightman
Would I be right to maybe suggest we'll only sign one of Kagawa or Hazard, if we do sign one of them? That they're similar enough in the roles they both play?
Kagawa is more of a passer, whereas Hazard is more direct.

Kagawa still has a fair bit of skill/flair/trickery though but his passing from midfield would be a lot better than Hazard's. On the flip side, Hazard would do a lot more damage running at defences.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Kagawa is more of a passer, whereas Hazard is more direct.

Kagawa still has a fair bit of skill/flair/trickery though but his passing from midfield would be a lot better than Hazard's. On the flip side, Hazard would do a lot more damage running at defences.
Would you sign the two? Could they fit into the team together?

Haven't seen either play, as you can tell.

The Don

Metrosexual Candy Shagger
Dayman, ahhhahhhahh, fighter of the nightman

If I had my way, I probably wouldn't sign either tbh. I'd much rather a double swoop for Muniain and Martinez, or Muniain and Vidal.

To answer your question though, probably not both. Either can play on the wings or just off the striker, Kagawa would adapt better to a CM role though.
No way I could see us going for both unless some players left.

Ace

I think in our side, they would be asked to play a similar role. Can't see much playing time available on the wing, both would be utilized in an attacking role through the middle behind a striker.

NoLogo

Yes they could.

Hazard is very good playing on the left wing an cutting inside while Kagawa looks most dangerous when coming through the middle.

I could see an attacking midfield trio of Hazard - Kagawa - Nani work really well.

Maajid

Formerly Mad
jamiejapan from the newbies wanted you all to know this:

Hi I have recently registered or trying to admin contacted but cannot post,just wanted to update what I have heard from Japan (living there now) watched Kagawa interview on tv last night and he said he wasn't allowed to say which team but he is deffo going to premier league...he also said he was talking to SAF for two hours in a room when he was there and as far as I know he hasn't openly spoken to another club, check out his mile in footage from interview when he landed in Japan hes sworn to secrecy hehe. All tv shows talking about Kagawa only show united clips etc no other teams mentioned at all! No fee etc mentioned but my impression is 99% certain. Sorry for troubling you with this but will be too busy to keep up and my account may not work so use this info as you see fit or delete lol. thnx

Hal9000

I'm always right

Wasn't Young in his last year of his contract? I have to say if he was worth that much Kagawa is worth that much as well.
As has been mentioned many many times, Young came with the usual "English player tax".

Had Young not been English I'm sure he'd have gone for 3-4m less.

Hal9000

As has been mentioned many many times, Young came with the usual "English player tax".

Had Young not been English I'm sure he'd have gone for 3-4m less.
He came for about £20 mil? So £16 mil for someone in the last year of his contract is still quite a bit.

Kagawa is probably very much in demand, I'm sure Dortmund won't have any trouble selling for £16 mil.

Stretch

15 million Euros mate.

So about £12.5m for a player higher rated than Kagawa.

So back to my point, no-one should pay more than 15m tops for this lad, and you really shouldn't be paying 20m for a player with one year remaining on his contract.
Mate, I've been talking about Euros from the get go. Never once did I say pound. See my first post regarding the fee. I said euro. So again, what's your gripe?

Stretch

15 million Euros mate.

So about £12.5m for a player higher rated than Kagawa.

So back to my point, no-one should pay more than 15m tops for this lad, and you really shouldn't be paying 20m for a player with one year remaining on his contract.
My original post...

I don't think 20m Euro is excessive. A fee around that area will be ball park in today's market.

But seemingly there's nothing new on this front as I'd hoped. Ah well to the Hazard thread...
....And subsequently I said that we will probably end up paying between 15-18m Euros which is not excessive.

I'm always right

You really shouldn't be paying 20m for players with just one year left on their contract. Especially players with zero Premier League experience.
My original post...

....And subsequently I said that we will probably end up paying between 15-18m Euros which is not excessive.
Yeah I got that, my only point was that 20m euros would be a silly price imo.

I don't have a "gripe"

Commadus

We created a rod for our own back signing Young for £16m a player we didnt need. Sure there was an English Tax but it doesnt take a genius to know we have paid ridiculous amounts for players when there was no one else in for them.

Those muppets who thought we would pay £7m odd were living in cloud cuckoo land.

apotheosis

O'Fortuna
Don't know why so many people seem obsessed by what we pay for Kagawa. Personally i don't give a feck. All i am interested in is whether he has the quality to improve our first team options. If he hasn't, then he is not worth bothering with at any price.

On the flip side, if he has, then 20m Euros is feck all for a player of that quality. Imo Kagawa is a proven player who has played a key role in Dortmund winning back to back titles. If we bag him for 20m euros, i would say that should be good business.

It may make the fee for Young look excessive, when we compare what he has done in the game to Kagawa. But 20m is certainly not excessive these days for any player of high quality. FFS we have just paid that for a defender in Jones, who has done feck all in the game, and we still don't even know what job he can do best for us as yet!

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
When the players become free agents the wages and signing on fees increase a lot though.

Status
Not open for further replies.