Shinji Kagawa | Signs for Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hal9000

Like Hazard we won't know squat till after his games against Japan. Although it seems certain that he's coming to the Premiership. It's confirmed Fergie has talked to him, but we don't know who else has.. and that's it really.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
He'll come to us, even if we can't offer him the most in terms of wages, his endorsements in Japan will be off the roof if he signs for us. We're so much more popular in Japan than Arsenal and City combined.

Siorac

feck these international friendlies and the Euros; once the season is over, the rest of May and the whole summer should be dedicated to muppetry. I hate that every player seems to regard their effing national team more important than the real questions of the summer.

apotheosis

O'Fortuna
feck these international friendlies and the Euros; once the season is over, the rest of May and the whole summer should be dedicated to muppetry. I hate that every player seems to regard their effing national team more important than the real questions of the summer.
Very annoying i agree! Why can't they be more like English footballers who don't give a feck about the national team, and often retire early to avoid the inconvenience of having to play for them! :angel:

So hurry up and retire from international football Kagawa, and sign the fecking contract! :D

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Blatantly a case of us waiting to see what Hazard decides, if Hazard chooses us then we'll bin Kagawa. It's like Senna/Hargreaves all over again

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Japanese telly and ads as crazy as I expected.

2Bullish

Blatantly a case of us waiting to see what Hazard decides, if Hazard chooses us then we'll bin Kagawa. It's like Senna/Hargreaves all over again
Can't see it. The only reason deals are not done and dusted at this time of the year is because of friendly's/Internationals. There is no way a club puts pen to paper until after any commitments the player has over the summer. This is just good business, having an agreement in principle negates the fact that if Kagawa/Hazard et al breaks their leg on International duty the new club doesn't have to pay their wages through recovery. It's normal.

mufcwarm92

Anyone know if the 2012 Bundesliga Footballer of the Year has been announced? Doesn't look like it from a simple Google search but I wouldn't be surprised if it was Kagawa.

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
Are people of the opinion that its either/or rather than both? I would like to think we are after both.. Also are likely to succeed in getting both!

Siorac

Are people of the opinion that its either/or rather than both? I would like to think we are after both.. Also are likely to succeed in getting both!
I still believe "neither" is the most likely scenario. We have a far better chance of getting Kagawa though, obviously.

mufcwarm92

Are those commentators talking about Hazard too after the goal? Can't say I speak the language but it did sound like it. Nice goal anyway.

Personally I just can't see us signing both, it'll surely be one or the other.

apotheosis

O'Fortuna
If I had my way, I probably wouldn't sign either tbh. I'd much rather a double swoop for Muniain and Martinez, or Muniain and Vidal.
Agreed. Martinez or Sahin would be my first priority, then one from Kagawa, Hazard or Muniain would be a bonus, as i don't really get the need for more attacking players.

We currently cannot play different systems effectively, because of a lack of defensive midfield options imo. That will not change even if we sign Hazard and Kagawa.

Redfighter

Officially gullible
At the secret training camp for United Militia
Me too, alongside Hargreaves.

I wouldn't not sign Hargreaves though, who knows what would've happened with his Arsenal free-kick or CL Final penalty. As Marty McFly will tell you, you don't feck with the space-time continuum.
Yes, that pre-sicknote Hargreaves was great. At least he's getting some work on Game of Thrones now. Good luck to the King of the North.

jrsenior

Yes, that pre-sicknote Hargreaves was great. At least he's getting some work on Game of Thrones now. Good luck to the King of the North.
Haven`t read the books but knowing Hargreaves luck he will probably be dismembered early on in E9S2.

Status
Not open for further replies.