Should we play Evra at Anfield in the Cup?

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
I know we have done nothing wrong. But maybe it would be common sense not to play him

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
I don't think it'd be wise. He'll be in for some horrible abuse. We shouldn't play him just to protect him more than anything.

SAF has pulled Rooney from Goodison over the last couple of years.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Form is the only reason any player should be dropped for.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
After what happend against Oldham I´m not sure it´s just Evra that would be getting abuse.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
First and foremost SAF should allow Evra to decide if he's prepared to put up with the racist abuse.

Beyond that, the Kop can only disgrace itself more.

Lance Uppercut

Yes. We will see if Liverpoo follow through with their promise to ban anyone found guilty of shouting racist abuse for life. Because you know those fecking morons won't be able to help themselves.

Sally Cinnamon

I don't think he'll play.

I hope he does and think he should, but can see Fergie leaving him out.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
What kind of message does it send out if you don't play one of your players in case he receives racial abuse?

Well done racists, you win?

Of course he should fecking play, unless he's injured or needs a rest.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Yes of course. If their fans start racist abuse then the FA will have to deal with them.

Mick1991

Yes, we should. If Liverpool fans want to show themselves up then that has nothing to do with us.

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
Yes. Don't let those cnuts deny Evra, (the victim here ffs) the chance of playing just because of their ridiculous stance on a delicate subject.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I'll have a word with Alec.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Would trouble between the 2 sets of fans not be of a concern to anyone?

Either way it will be a concern after the past few weeks. But with Evra playing too is a potential disaster.

Like I said our club have done nothing wrong, but sometimes you need to look at the bigger picture

NewDawnFades

He has to play. Shame on anyone who boos him when they have no evidence of him being involved in any wrong doing whatsoever.

kps88

Don't know about racial abuse but he's going to get a barracking. The atmosphere will be terrible. He'll get what Neville got, only worse. He's a fiery character as well so I won't be surprised if he gave some back. From a United point of view, the less hostile the better. Going back to that Neville game, we never turned up that day and I feel the vitriolic atmosphere was a factor in that.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Would trouble between the 2 sets of fans not be of a concern to anyone?

Either way it will be a concern after the past few weeks. But with Evra playing too is a potential disaster.

Like I said our club have done nothing wrong, but sometimes you need to look at the bigger picture
The "bigger picture" is the message it sends out about English football if a player is unable to play in the country's biggest fixture, through fear of him being racially abused.

If anything it's important he does play.

Kelvin

I rather Evra don't played, i dunno how he is going to concentrate with the dog abuse thrown at him, lets Evans fill in at left-back.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
I can't see Fergie allowing Evra to be subjected to the abuse he will get at Anfield. It could even pose a safety risk to Evra himself.

kps88

The "bigger picture" is the message it sends out about English football if a player is unable to play in the country's biggest fixture, through fear of him being racially abused.

If anything it's important he does play.
Forget being racially abused. You just know they're going to be some nutters who are more than capable of throwing coins/sandwhiches/something worse at him.

Crustanoid

Make him captain, and let him take a penalty if we get one. Without a doubt, Liverpool would be kicked out of the competition, as it's clear they will not be able to behave, fans, manager and players alike. They already think they are untouchable, as Dalglish has walked away scott-free for stirring up a tidal wave of racism among fans

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
I bet the FA wish the #3 ball fell back into the bag.

Unfortunately Fergie might not really have any option but to play Evra regardless of the hatred he's going to be subjected to.

NewDawnFades

Don't know about racial abuse but he's going to get a barracking.
Isn't there a always going to be a racial element to that barracking when he is a black man, being abused by an overwhelmingly white crowd for being a 'cry baby' by reporting racist remarks?

The whole country will be watching and Anfield will once again put themselves to shame by being unable to look beyond their club for one second. The condemnation in the press will be damning and yet the fans will still claim the journalists are being manipulated by the FA.

But feck it, we will beat Liverpool. They are not a threat to us without Suarez and we should get at least a draw with a team at 3/4 strength if SAF decides to rotate.

Man-United

He will have to play there anyway next season so better play him now.