Should we play Evra at Anfield in the Cup?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He's not banned so let him play.

If it draws the racists out of the woodwork and they get punished for it.... all the better.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Of course he should. I hope the Liverpool fans can act in a dignified manner and not boo evra a victim of innocent abuse but I'm probably asking too much. Either way evra won't care.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Isn't there a always going to be a racial element to that barracking when he is a black man, being abused by an overwhelmingly white crowd for being a 'cry baby' by reporting racist remarks?

The whole country will be watching and Anfield will once again put themselves to shame by being unable to look beyond their club for one second. The condemnation in the press will be damning and yet the fans will still claim the journalists are being manipulated by the FA.

But feck it, we will beat Liverpool. They are not a threat to us without Suarez and we should get at least a draw with a team at 3/4 strength if SAF decides to rotate.
They've already started singing "Evra is a LIAR" recently.

kps88

Isn't there a always going to be a racial element to that barracking when he is a black man, being abused by an overwhelmingly white crowd for being a 'cry baby' by reporting racist remarks?
Fair point. The point I was trying to raise was that it might not just be boos and words. I just think there's a good chance you'll see stuff being thrown at him (he'll be taking a lot of throw ins).

Raoul

Admin
Staff
He should definitely play. I would imagine the dippers will be on full alert to not have another incident with Evra there.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Of course he should. I hope the Liverpool fans can act in a dignified manner and not boo evra a victim of innocent abuse but I'm probably asking too much. Either way evra won't care.
Heh.

They've already been singing songs about Evra so I wouldn't be expecting too much.

The good thing is its a cup tie and there'll be more of our fans there

stubie

Play him!

Give Liverpool the chance to show that they are NOT a racist club after all.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
I don't think it'd be wise. He'll be in for some horrible abuse. We shouldn't play him just to protect him more than anything.
He's not going to be shot. He'll get booed and possibly a small amount of shrapnel thrown at him. Cantona always played at Leeds & he spat at one of their fans.

All they'll do is make themselves look infinitely worse. We should wear "Kick Racism Out" T-Shirts pre game as well.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Where do you draw the line? Should we keep all of our female fans out of the stadium to protect them from Downing?

Dion

If Evra cares what the Liverpool supporters are shouting at him then he's too mentally weak for the fixture anyway.

He's not going to give a flying feck, he'll just get on with it.

RK

The scousers are idiots. Evra is seen as the innocent victim by neutrals, how do they think abusing him is going to come across?

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
He's not going to be shot. He'll get booed and possibly a small amount of shrapnel thrown at him. Cantona always played at Leeds & he spat at one of their fans.

All they'll do is make themselves look infinitely worse. We should wear "Kick Racism Out" T-Shirts pre game as well.
True. I was just going on Fergie's recent reluctance to play Rooney at Goodison.

We'll see. But yes, it is a chance for Liverpool to make themselves look even worse. So that's always good.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Forget being racially abused. You just know they're going to be some nutters who are more than capable of throwing coins/sandwhiches/something worse at him.
There are people capable of doing that at every game.

Patrice Evra should, like every other player, be able to play in a game at Anfield without being subject to racial or physical abuse.

The football world shouldn't tolerate or give in to that kind of attitude. Liverpool FC should be willing to take action to prevent it, and the FA should be willing to take action if they can't.

It'll be incredibly sad if Evra is left out as some kind of peace keeping move. A HUGE moral defeat and a stain on English football that would take years to remove.

Crustanoid

I really think this will be the final nail in LFCs coffin. The FA really should have punished Dalglish, because by not doing they have allowed the crowd and the rest of LFC fans to perpetuate the notion that it is ok to hurl abuse at Evra / black players

Aint gota Kalou

Evra is one of our most mentally tough players. He should play, and he'll probably play well.

Tibs

100% yes he should play!

If the dippers racially abuse them then they'll get punished...the club should too if they are unable to control their fans.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I've spoken to Alec and he says he'll let Paddy make the decision.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
What kind of message does it send out if you don't play one of your players in case he receives racial abuse?

Well done racists, you win?

Of course he should fecking play, unless he's injured or needs a rest.
in a nutshell ... this.

And I think Evra would be desperate to play and I want to see KKK lead his Klanfield choir in full repertoire of beautiful song.

Its funny how life has a way of making good, bad things that happened in the past.

Crustanoid

If you're in any doubt about how the vile cnuts are going to treat Evra, this is from just a couple of pages of RAWK.....

Wonder if the liar will show his face!
Haha forgot about Evra, give him hell!
EVRA YOUR feckED
Give Evra hell guys
let's twat the lying conniving cheating c*nts.....
Bring it fecking on......Mr Evra, please take to the stand sir.....you lying, disgraceful little shite!
Evra's going to get it bad. Very very very very bad.
I hope they deploy a large police force for this game.

Well done KKK Kenny you fecking spastic for causing this

pauldyson1uk

of course we play him , what sort of message does it send out out if we dont play him , if he is fit.
If he is on the bench on the pitch or just sat in the stands , he will get the same vile abuse anyway.

izzydiggler

It's not right but Liverpool's 'frenzy baiting' make it not a good idea. Some idiot will try and throw something (at the very least there'll be a
Lot of vitriolic abuse), he'll get wound up and possibly retaliate in some way.

He's very passionate and don't think he would be unaffected - his form isn't great anyway - a rest will be best I think.