Should we play Evra at Anfield in the Cup?

Varun

Staff
Should definitely play. If the scousers turn to abusing him racially again, am sure he's man enough to take it and would show the bastards for the classless thugs that they are.

032Devil

Sorry to disappoint you, but it's only a football match. If dropping Evra makes it less likely to turn into a feckin riot, it might be the wisest course of action.

He shouldn't be captain anyway, he's a complete fruit loop
"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I amy very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."

I think Bill Shankly would disagree with you.

Donkey's Ears

I wouldn't play him, he needs a rest at some point anyway, and it would put pressure on Kenny not to play Suarez at Old Trafford.

99 red balloons

It's not even a debate for me. He will, and should absolutely play.

Aside from the fact he's our only left-back, leaving him out would send a terrible message to Klu Klux Klanfield.

However, the decision should be left entirely up to Evra, and it be made abundantly clear to him that we will respect whatever he decides - but knowing Evra, and his unwillingness to walk away from a battle...the United captain backing away from a clash at Anfield be HE was racially abused. No chance.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Evra's decision.

If he doesn't feel comfortable playing then it's a fair call.

Liverpool fans despite what is spouted on messageboards are'nt all animals, and have one of the better records of self policing. No outright racism will be tolerated at Anfield, don't kid yourselves.

There will be cringey booing, but i assume Evra wont give a toss about that.

99 red balloons

Evra's decision.

If he doesn't feel comfortable playing then it's a fair call.

Liverpool fans despite what is spouted on messageboards are'nt all animals, and have one of the better records of self policing. No outright racism will be tolerated at Anfield, don't kid yourselves.

There will be cringey booing, but i assume Evra wont give a toss about that.
True, there will be no outright racism - I think that's a given. However, there will be vehement booing and singing of Suarez's name supporting him, and his stance (not massively different to Chelsea fans singing "You know what you are" about Anton Ferdinand then really) solely due to the appalling attitude shown by Liverpool and Dalglish over the past few weeks.

Did you not look at the crowd singing "Luis Suarez" to a black guy the other night, and think, what the feck?! Imagine if it's at Evra.

dmode

He shall play... he's a professional... he'll know how to deal with the insults...