Sir Alex, David Gill and Bryan Robson have been brought in to advise Richard Arnold on a wide range of club matters

crossy1686

career ending
Well it literally couldn’t be going much worse at board level so why the feck not actually get advise from people who know how to do it

Irrational.

I thought we’d moved on from this.

This is the kinda nostalgic shit that is holding us back and preventing us from moving forward with the times.

Orange Tree

Sigh. Let's just hope ETH is good at his job. I don't have any confidence on the people higher ups.

dove

Finally our board admit they are inept and look for advice how to run a football club. I guess it's a positive change from Ed's era.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
As long as they're not getting involved with things on the pitch then it shouldn't cross with what ETH is doing

dubplate warrior

If it doesn't step on Erik's toes and means that football will remain the priority of the club then its not a bad thing.

caid

As long as they're not getting involved with things on the pitch then it shouldn't cross with what ETH is doing
Probably best to keep it away from Carrington in future then. Really only person who should ever make an appearance there is John Murtough, meet agents elsewhere and keep them away too.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Past Glories FC. Move the feck on.

Fergie is an 80 year old man who has been out of the game for 10 years. What is he going to offer? Seriously.

RedCurry

Anyone yearning for the good old “no value in transfer market!!”?

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Don't see a problem with this, it's for off the pitch stuff, and think tanks are fairly harmless anyway. It'll all be on Arnold - like it was in Woody - to make the right choices.

the hea

I don't see any problem with this. Getting advice from people with proven knowledge is always a good thing, no matter what area of life we are talking about.

Gandalf

Don't mind this at all. The way it is being positioned it seems Arnold is effectively saying please advise me on how not to repeat the many feck ups of Woody. Gill certainly knows his stuff and Robbo and SAF can surely add value around connecting with the fanbase and what should be prioritized in redeveloping the infrastructure to benefit the players and matchgoing fans.

mu4c_20le

If we could use Gill's connections that'd be great. Arnold is a novice.

Tarrou

This is the kinda nostalgic shit that is holding us back and preventing us from moving forward with the times.
Being open to advice from experienced people is very rarely holding anyone back in life

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020

If you read the information it says that Sir Alex has had next to no input to this point. So it hasn’t been holding us back as it hasn’t been happening.

Dante

Average bang
One thing's for sure. Fergie will make a much better consultant than Ralf Rangnick would have.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Past Glories FC. Move the feck on.

Fergie is an 80 year old man who has been out of the game for 10 years. What is he going to offer? Seriously.
Just the 56 years of professional football experience like. Of all the people to criticise for being out of touch of the game you pick the bloke who won league titles in 4 different decades.

BuzzKillington

Finally our board admit they are inept and look for advice how to run a football club. I guess it's a positive change from Ed's era.
I’d say it’s a positive thing. Ed clearly felt threatened so hoarded all the power. Arnold has admitted he wants other opinions on the football side and having a wide panel of voices will be a good thing, as long as he’s able to take them all on and be decisive himself when required. You can never have too much experience on a board.

Tom Van Persie

No relation

We can't move forward until the club is being run properly again. Having Fergie and Gill back will ensure that it is. Football will be prioritized.

Sweet Square

Last season showed if your too much of a football nerd, the universe will simply conjure up a giant headed chain smoking Italian and you will be denied the holy grail of European football.

ETH is our football weirdo, Fergie will bring some needed vibes.Very positive move imo.