Sir Alex Ferguson’s autobiography to be published on 24 October

kps88

I'm sure it will be very tame though, can't see him putting the boot in to anyone still at the club.

To be fair he didn't do that in his first book either and it was a great read. There's plenty of people not at the club he can put the boot in to.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
Probably. Sporting memoirs are only good when dirt is dished. No one wants to hear about when the kit man made a mix up with the shorts before a trip away to Southampton, they want to hear about how a footballer or fellow manager who's generally well thought of by the general public is, in fact, a cnut.

"Rio is a good player, but in all honesty, and noo doot aboot it, he's a cnut. No question about that!"

Mersault

Then there'll be the third edition after the sale of the club: Confessions

seriously tho, quite eager to read it

ell

Only a couple weeks until this gets released, I cannot remember ever being this excited for the release of an autobiography. He has absolutely no reason to hold back now, I am sure it will make for some fascinating reading.

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
It is probably fair to assume that Ferguson's latest epic, earning him a reputed £2m advance, is going to take up an awful lot of headlines next month and that the list of people he chops down in print will be considerable.
Bloody hell! :eek: No wonder SAF couldn't wait to release his book, and why am I not writing my autobiography??

Brophs

The One and Only
Probably too dodgy to go into.
He could always use a crafty analogy. "You know when you go to Tesco and they're selling a quality set of saucepans that you can buy at a discounted rate once you collect tokens, which you get for buying some other cheap tat?"

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
1.) SAF is a known bullshitter, so I wouldn't expect the truth on everything.
2.) SAF is still a club director and thus an employee so I wouldn't expect anything explosive with regards to current players, Glazers or anything potentially damaging to the club.

hp88

Journalist are getting it a couple of days early, won't get mine until Friday.

Feeky Magee

keen violinist
Ordered this on Amazon, won't be getting it until next Wednesday or Thursday. By which time presumably all the good parts will be ruined. :mad:

kps88

I wish they didn't give it out to the press early. Will be hard, but I'm going to try and stay away from the inevitable headlines so I can read it properly on my own.

RonaldoVII

I preordered it and it will come on Thursday but will probably have read most of it on twitter from the journalists by then...

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
I'll be getting mine on Monday at the Lowry Theatre when I hear Fergie speak out it person :cool:

prateik

For anyone in India, the hardcover is available for 497 (£5)on amazon.in

kps88

Have you managed to actually pay and order it? This might sound stupid, but I can't seem to find any sort of buy button.

VP

For fecks sake, flipkart cnuts are selling it for Rs 900 and I ordered it this morning. When did Amazon india happen?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Can't one just walk into Tesco and pick it up on Thursday? Those who have pre ordered seem to be saying they will get it even later than the release date.

Nathan

Either way it way it will make for interesting reading. Dont expect anything majorly explosive. Hope to obtain my copy.

Brophs

The One and Only
Either way it way it will make for interesting reading. Dont expect anything majorly explosive. Hope to obtain my copy.
I'm hearing rumours that if you go into a bookshop with twenty odd quid they might be able to sort you out.:)

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I hope he hasn't written anything that could disrupt the team. We're doing poorly enough as it is.

Brophs

The One and Only
As a matter of curiosity, why did Hayward get the book? I don't recall he and Fergie being especially close during his career.