Sir Jim Ratcliffe: I want to buy Manchester United | Will make a bid for the club [Telegraph]

cyberman

Has Sir Jim Ratcliffe got enough money with 12B to compete with City? I'm just not sure.
The biggest gripe with The Glazers has been taking out so much money. The club on its own has enough to compete with any oil state club you can name, it’s just being used to pay off others debts.
If we got an owner who allowed us to spend what we earn then we are more than set

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
This is not a drill. There' s a viable buyer for our beloved club there who everyone would like to give a go. Now is the time to Unify and use everything to get the Glazers out. It's now or never and we all have a huge part to play.
I'm sitting on my couch watching Cars 2 and eating Skips but I get what you're saying.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I don't know anything about random billionaires but the Glazers leaving would at least bring some positivity to the ground again. It would take a while to have a real impact though. Transfer wise, facility wise, building a group who know how to manage everything properly, etc. But it's a start! And if he's somebody who will actually prioritize the club being successful again, then all the better. He's a United fan, so good start there.

Long Time Red

Has Sir Jim Ratcliffe got enough money with 12B to compete with City? I'm just not sure.
No one should care.

All we need is someone who isn't going to take money out the club like the current parasitic family.

pascell

I think the Glazers will sell soon enough.

- I think they've tightened the purse strings purposefully this summer, more cash flow reflects more healthily on ffp. Mike Ashley did it with Newcastle and so did Abramovic, so the new owners can spend.

- They don't wanna part with what it's gonna take to make those stadium and infrastructure plans a reality. But those plans themselves make us a more sellable asset and worth more.

- United fans are worldwide and can cripple every business the Glazers have that isn't to do with United.

Hal9000

I didn’t follow the Chelsea sale closely, why did he have zero chance of that going through?
He and his group offered the most, i think £75million more. However it came quite late in the day, just as Todd Boehly became the prefered buyer. Also the group handling the sale set up a process for the bids and for it to go through him, where as Ratcliffes bid was made independent of this process.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
It’s quite funny that things have got so bad on the pitch that people are talking about buying and the owners are open to selling some kind of stake. Seems pretty similar to what happened to Hicks and Gillett at Liverpool.

angak

This is not a drill. There' s a viable buyer for our beloved club there who everyone would like to give a go. Now is the time to Unify and use everything to get the Glazers out. It's now or never and we all have a huge part to play.
Monday needs to be the biggest protest in the history of the world.

Infestissumam

maybe I just want to believe, but it might actually make sense for the Glazers to sell now, no? Revenues seem to have plateaued, OT is in bad shape, fan criticism is louder than ever and football-wise we've been in steady decline. Might actually reach a point where the leeches feel they've sucked out enough blood and are contempt with selling for a decent price before things deteriorate even further.

Chairman Steve

Considering how he almost knowingly came in last minute for a Chelsea bid, went on TV with Dan Roan, basically said ‘Yeah I knew I was cutting it close but ho-hum’ and then Roan asked almost out of nowhere about Manchester United specifically, to which he had an almost rehearsed answer saying United weren’t for sale, in an interview that was centred around Chelsea.

I must say I did not know he and INEOS had a considerable chunk of the Merc F1 team (33%). That‘s quite promising considering they’re a slick, well-run outfit and Ratcliffe undoubtedly has a voice in their movements.

GreatDane

This is the rebuild we need, please be true.
Would give us the hope we need.

Red00012

So the Telegraph report about the Glazers looking to sell shares in the club looks to be correct. I bet Ratcliffe buys half then he will assume full control in a few years when the Glazers sell.
He’s 69 , he ain’t getting any younger

Nick7

Considering how he almost knowingly came in last minute for a Chelsea bid, went on TV with Dan Roan, basically said ‘Yeah I knew I was cutting it close but ho-hum’ and then Roan asked almost out of nowhere about Manchester United specifically, to which he had an almost rehearsed answer saying United weren’t for sale.

I must say I did not he and INEOS had a considerable chunk of the Merc F1 team (33%). That‘s quite promising considering they’re a slick, well-run outfit and Ratcliff undoubtedly has a voice in their movements.
Toto studied United’s post Fergie downfall to try and avoid it with Mercedes :lol:

OleGunnar20

This ! This is not a drill people, someone make up some t-shirts.