Sir Ryan Giggs

Danillaco

* Ryan Giggs (central-midfield): 76/93 passing (82%), 4 chances created, 0/5 crosses, 7/11 long balls, 0/1 through balls, 0 successful dribbles, 1 foul won, 5 tackles, 2 interceptions, 2 shots (2 on target), 2 goals

That's his stats against Chelsea in the League cup, a match he was outstanding in. A whopping 6 per cent higher completion rate than yesterday. Now, he also did more with his passes, but the point is that Giggs doesn't necessarily have a shit or sub par match just because his completion rate doesn't match up to Xavi, Scholes or Carrick's.
Clearly, the only difference on his performance was the only 6% more completion rate. Apart from that, almost no difference, right? :houllier:

His two goals, 4 chances in comparison to none, more than the double of tackles, and more than double of passes (right or all) are something that you don't have to pay much attention.

Last game was never just about just his completion rate, I thought that was clear. I guess you got too hang up on the short pass comment, that lost sight of the issue.

Cheers.

Eriku

Was that supposed to be reassuring for Giggs? He missed 33% of long passes, and 76% pass completion, along with 0/2 for crosses is barely a good stat in a full game. I'm not gonna even talk about the cheeky back heel that led to the City goal. And the remark about his passes, especially the "hollywood passes" was in the first 20-25 minutes of first half, if I'm not mistaken. Didn't refer to the whole game, obviously.

He had an off game, fair enough. But he shouldn't be playing CM pair, against the next best team on the league.
Clearly, the only difference on his performance was the only 6% more completion rate. Apart from that, almost no difference, right? :houllier:

His two goals, 4 chances in comparison to none, more than the double of tackles, and more than double of passes (right or all) are something that you don't have to pay much attention.

Last game was never just about just his completion rate, I thought that was clear. I guess you got too hang up on the short pass comment, that lost sight of the issue.

Cheers.
See, you pointed to the pass completion and crosses completed in your first rebuttal, and in the Chelsea match he had a 6 per cent higher completion rate, and twice as many crosses that never found their mark. You can keep moving your goal posts, but it's highly unnecessary, because I myself pointed out that:

Now, he also did more with his passes, but the point is that Giggs doesn't necessarily have a shit or sub par match just because his completion rate doesn't match up to Xavi, Scholes or Carrick's.
Which is pretty much all I said. I never said he had anywhere near as good a match as against Chelsea, but that people using stats to justify slating his performance are as blind as you claim me to be for saying he was good based on a few stats... Incidentally, that last point is something you invented, I never said he had an excellent outing, I merely said he wasn't as shite as people have made him out to be on this forum.

Btw, the point about having twice as many completed passes and tackles, maybe influenced a tad by the fact that he had 30 more minutes to complete them in the Chelsea match.

Keep twisting my posts if you like, I've made my point for anybody who cares to read them properly.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Giggs's passing is bound to appear erratic compared to a metronome style player like Xavi. He'll go for the killer pass – he's been doing that since before Phil Jones was born. I don't like it when people refer to his passes as “Hollywood” ones – there's a difference between a killer pass and a Hollywood pass.

Now, the question is of course whether a player with a style as inherently risky as Giggs' should be playing in central midfield. I'd say preferably not. At the age of ninety he's still better out wide than any of our out-of-form wingers. So play him there, Fergie.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
i hate it when people quote stats like passing.

It's so misleading as the chap above says.

you'll get your super limited player who only ever passes 5 yards and safe balls, coming out higher than a player with flair who tries to make things happen.
Pointless.

prateik

Remember in 2008 how everyone thought he'd retire after winning the CL and breaking Sir Bobby's appearance record...

its been 5 year since then and he's still going strong.
Freak

Ekeke

Absolutely decisive balls into the box. His ability to control his volleyed cross for the first goal seemed like a great volley till RVP showed us what you can really do with a volley :D But the other assist for RVP hatrick... What was Giggs doing? It worked and set up the goal but it was Ryan Giggs poking the ball with the outside of his right foot when it was on for him to use his left foot. Bizarre and somehow effective!

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Giggsy :lol:

Gary Neville - What would you say is the most important aspect of this team, the most important moment?

Ryan Giggs - Well we finally sorted out the right back position, that's been a problem for the past 5 or 10 years.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots

Gary Neville - What would you say is the most important aspect of this team, the most important moment?

Ryan Giggs - Well we finally sorted out the right back position, that's been a problem for the past 5 or 10 years.
:lol:

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
''The second lap of honour almost killed me, I was like where are you guys going, the dressing rooms that way''

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks

Giggs has to go straight into Fergies boots when (if ever) he retires. We don't need a Mourinho, we don't need a Pep. We have the best set up in world here (or close to it).

Plus he has cool headphones.

Ludens the Red

Great tonight at left midfield, again. When the teams came out thought he'd be central again but thankfully he wasn't. That's his position, play him there.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite

:lol::lol: watch out Gary with his notepad ripping out Rafael's positioning next time.

Thanks for the .gif, Olly. I was like "whoaaa..." when saw Giggs did it.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
13 Premier League titles at the same club. That will never be repeated in the next 10 million years.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
He's earned every single one of those medals. His contribution to this latest one has not been insignificant. Now officially a freak of nature.

gamma1

StuCol

Chimp
I had to mention the old Giggs 13, Gerrarrd 0 thing in the local tonight, when some numpty piped up 'yeah but Gerrards won 2 champions leagues'. No He hasn't, I rightly corrected, 'hes won one'. 'Oh right' replied the numpty, clearly annoyed at his slip. His annoyance was made worse by my reposte. 'How many has Giggs won?' I asked. 'Go on' he said. I promptly gave him the v.

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
Ryan Giggs is now beating the combined titles of Man Shitty, Chelsea, Leeds and Spurs. He also equals Arsenals haul of 13 league titles.