Skripal Novichok Case

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
They deliberately made the cover story as stupid as possible to take the piss. They're laughing in our faces.

Neo_Mufc

During their entire holiday, out of the 2 days spent in Salisbury.

They spent approximately

1hr 45 in Salisbury on the Saturday.
1hr 50 on the Sunday (around 45mins in café)

This was their entire holiday? :lol:

What is the most likely outcome of this story? Will the EU pose sanctions against Russia?

antihenry

CAF GRU Rep
That interview was cringeworthingly terrible, even as a propaganda piece. Those two would have been better off staying away.

Shame on Theresa May for inadvertently outing the poor gay couple. Now they'll be mocked and ridiculed back home since Russia isn't even remotely as progressive when it comes to gay issues as western countries are. I hope you're happy with yourself, Teresa.

Or maybe they are, in fact, Skripals' poisoners. But it still amazes me how those two clearly not very bright individuals managed not to poison themselves in the process and why no-one told them about the CCTV. Or perhaps there were other people involved and those two were just a distraction.

Still might be gay, though.

Classical Mechanic

Shame on Theresa May for inadvertently outing the poor gay couple. Now they'll be mocked and ridiculed back home since Russia isn't even remotely as progressive when it comes to gay issues as western countries are. I hope you're happy with yourself, Teresa.
They can always apply for asylum in the UK if their home country is intolerant to homosexuals.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
I'm finding this whole scenario bizarre, firstly their story sounds dodgy as feck but watching that interview those guys don't give the impression they are professional assassins. Saying that, the TV interview could be a performance too. Like i said before we probably won't ever find out the truth.

nickm

The only question I have left is how the hell did Craig Murray get to be an Ambassador?

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Just watched the full interview.

Jesus Christ. The fella on the right seems a bit more composed but the one on the left is nervous as feck. Why hasn't the media picked up on friends/family/known business associates etc already?

What does make me wonder is. If these 2 were on a secret mission how in God's name does one feck up so bad?

Could they be used as a decoy and it was actually someone else? Everything makes sense based on the evidence but what's the likelihood that they were not alone in the UK.

Going to Salisbury twice in 2/3 days is bullshit.

I'm confident UK intelligence has a full itinerary of where these guys were by the minute and will not want to reveal everything but wait for lies to come out till they use that as evidence.
I’m wondering if they’re not professionally trained agents but instead a couple of fellas who have been forced/blackmailed into the act for whatever reason

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
During their entire holiday, out of the 2 days spent in Salisbury.

They spent approximately

1hr 45 in Salisbury on the Saturday.
1hr 50 on the Sunday (around 45mins in café)

This was their entire holiday? :lol:
Per CCTV a good chunk of their time in Salisbury was also spent wandering in a residential area suspiciously close to the Skripal's residence, and well away from any tourist sights.

The only question I have left is how the hell did Craig Murray get to be an Ambassador?
His timeline has been amazing over the course of this thing, but especially since the interview.

This is someone who in March wrote that it was more likely that the Mossad were responsible, and then last week was pushing the idea that the CCTV stills of the two men walking through the no-return gates in Gatwick had been faked by British investigators.

(Edit): he was also speculating last week that these two men were probably Ukrainians.

Last edited:

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
They deliberately made the cover story as stupid as possible to take the piss. They're laughing in our faces.
I think it’s mainly aimed at the Russian populace. Who are so cowed from years of being under Putin’s thumb that the Russian government doesn’t even need to try very hard when it comes to state propaganda. I heard a fascinating interview with Masha Gessen on the Sam Harris podcast. He was asking what the view of the Russian public was of the whole Trump-Putin entanglement and she said they don't have a view. They've been living in a totalitarian society for so long, the only opinions they hold are those broadcast on state TV. Polls show that 86% of Russian citizens consistently concur with whatever propaganda they are fed. If Putin says the US is a friend of Russia then that is immediately accepted. If he says it's an enemy then so be it. Basically, they'll swallow up any old shit at this stage. Which is what seems to be happening here.

MoskvaRed

If you read Murray’s book about his time in Uzbekistan, he was always a loose cannon but he has now gone full David Icke mode.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I just think the Russians don't give a shit about the story being credible. As for the two, it's quite possible they were put up to it and not really something they are used to.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Maybe they are masters of disguise and deception. We know for sure they aren't that thick as they read Wikipedia in English.

TheReligion

Abusive
How much would you care, would you really care, about an illegal UK operation in Pakistan.

A traitor hides in Pakistan. UK launch an assassination mission, and a few innocent Pakistani men get caught in the cross-fire.

How much would you really care?

This is the danger we are in. Apathy towards your perceived enemies.
You missed the bit about the attack involving an outlawed chemical weapon.

Classical Mechanic

I think it’s mainly aimed at the Russian populace. Who are so cowed from years of being under Putin’s thumb that the Russian government doesn’t even need to try very hard when it comes to state propaganda. I heard a fascinating interview with Masha Gessen on the Sam Harris podcast. He was asking what the view of the Russian public was of the whole Trump-Putin entanglement and she said they don't have a view. They've been living in a totalitarian society for so long, the only opinions they hold are those broadcast on state TV. Polls show that 86% of Russian citizens consistently concur with whatever propaganda they are fed. If Putin says the US is a friend of Russia then that is immediately accepted. If he says it's an enemy then so be it. Basically, they'll swallow up any old shit at this stage. Which is what seems to be happening here.

The BBC Russia correspondent said that the domestic audience aren’t that engaged with the story and it was mainly for the West through RT.

I think the interview was part punishment for their failure too, the implication was made that they were gay with the interviewer adding to the implication by tweeting after that neither had attempted to come on to her.

Neo_Mufc

I’m wondering if they’re not professionally trained agents but instead a couple of fellas who have been forced/blackmailed into the act for whatever reason
I wouldn't be surprised if they had been set up for such a long time. Maybe there's 5 other pairs of Russians who were around that time all potential decoys but these 2 were the only ones to get caught.

For me when you think of secret operations and the process of being covert these 2 are just taking the piss.

I want to see more evidence from the UK because I'm sure there will be a lot more coming out soon in the press.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
The BBC Russia correspondent said that the domestic audience aren’t that engaged with the story and it was mainly for the West through RT.

I think the interview was part punishment for their failure too, the implication was made that they were gay with the interviewer adding to the implication by tweeting after that neither had attempted to come on to her.
obvious gays then eh. Jesus

2cents

Scout
For any skeptics left in this thread - is there any reasonable/plausible explanation for why on Sunday 4th March these two guys were filmed wandering 20-25 minutes walk from Salisbury Train Station in a residential area the exact opposite direction from the Cathedral and general tourist area of the city, along precisely the shortest route from the station leading to the Skripal's residence which was about 5 minutes away?

JulesWinnfield

West Brom Fan
People in general vastly overstate how competent the Russian's are. If their spies don't seem that great, its probably because they're that great.
Per CCTV a good chunk of their time in Salisbury was also spent wandering in a residential area suspiciously close to the Skripal's residence, and well away from any tourist sights.

His timeline has been amazing over the course of this thing, but especially since the interview.

This is someone who in March wrote that it was more likely that the Mossad were responsible, and then last week was pushing the idea that the CCTV stills of the two men walking through the no-return gates in Gatwick had been faked by British investigators.

(Edit): he was also speculating last week that these two men were probably Ukrainians.
As with most conspiracy theories, the conspiracy ends up becoming far more ridiculous than the actual story encompassing a whole bunch of conspiracies in order to make up for the holes in the theory.

2cents

Scout
People in general vastly overstate how competent the Russian's are. If their spies don't seem that great, its probably because they're that great.

As with most conspiracy theories, the conspiracy ends up becoming far more ridiculous than the actual story encompassing a whole bunch of conspiracies in order to make up for the holes in the theory.
I'm just wondering how body-building supplements play into all this?

JulesWinnfield

West Brom Fan
I'm just wondering how body-building supplements play into all this?
Something about them saying they're in the fitness business so naturally they looked shifty because they're doing illegal stuff.

Just your bog standard gay Russian couple involved in the body building mafia taking a weekend trip to London purely to visit a cathedral and nothing else with the only pictures of them going in the opposite direction of the cathedral near the house of some people who mysteriously got poisoned on the same day.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
For any skeptics left in this thread - is there any reasonable/plausible explanation for why on Sunday 4th March these two guys were filmed wandering 20-25 minutes walk from Salisbury Train Station in a residential area the exact opposite direction from the Cathedral and general tourist area of the city, along precisely the shortest route from the station leading to the Skripal's residence which was about 5 minutes away?
To be fair, people are out living their lives everywhere.

They are probably guilty though

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Just watched the interview where they’re trying to blag excuses on why they visited Salisbury, even to the point where he’s giving the exact height of the cathedral church spire. It’s like a really poor move from the back team in The Thick Of It or something, can almost imagine the hysterics behind the scenes whilst that interview was live :lol:

Just amazes me how the Russians are trying to lie their way through this. Unbelievably stupid.

RedChip

Just watched the interview where they’re trying to blag excuses on why they visited Salisbury, even to the point where he’s giving the exact height of the cathedral church spire. It’s like a really poor move from the back team in The Thick Of It or something, can almost imagine the hysterics behind the scenes whilst that interview was live :lol:

Just amazes me how the Russians are trying to lie their way through this. Unbelievably stupid.
I don't know if they are stupid; it just seems like they can't even be bothered to do the spy stuff properly anymore. So cocky.

2cents

Scout