So, how about that Varane + Martinez partnership?

Daydreamer

Supports
Arsenal
They’re top drawer as individual players and their partnership elevates both of their performance levels.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
What a difference those two playing make. I feel like we can beat anyone with those two at the back, Casemiro in the middle and Rashford up top.

What a team.

FizzyWomack

Finally we're starting to look like a proper Man Utd team. Leaders all over that pitch. Seems like we've gone from boys to men. Couldn't be happier right now.

Martinez and Varane, the way they carry themselves on that pitch is to be admired. It's contagious all the way from the team to our fanbase

LInkash

I just hope that Varane still has a few years left at the top level

DLE

Alternative for Docklands Light Rail
Seems such short while ago we didn’t have a defence. Now we look really solid with those two stars.

Sagittarius13

Finally we're starting to look like a proper Man Utd team. Leaders all over that pitch. Seems like we've gone from boys to men. Couldn't be happier right now.

Martinez and Varane, the way they carry themselves on that pitch is to be admired. It's contagious all the way from the team to our fanbase
X2

Charlie Foley

Issue is Varane will need replacing in a couple of years.
Whoever would be playing there otherwise would need replacing now though. Having a great player we’ll need to replace in the future > having poor players

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
People are starting to fear us again. We used to be a force to be reckoned with and we lost that at some point. I can confidently say that we're once again the United other teams won't take lightly anymore. Confidence and fearlessness are two of the most important factors to build a good defense and these two have it. They just give it their all and it shows.

Pronewbie

Peep
People are starting to fear us again. We used to be a force to be reckoned with and we lost that at some point. I can confidently say that we're once again the United other teams won't take lightly anymore. Confidence and fearlessness are two of the most important factors to build a good defense and these two have it. They just give it their all and it shows.
I look forward to the day teams come to Old Trafford just to roll over.

Winrar

Feel like OT is becoming a fortress again as well. No home defeats since October and none in the league since opening day.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
They’re both phenomenal. My only worry is Varane’s injury record and the drop off in quality after these two.

RedDevilQuebecois

The fact that the partnership is as exciting for me now as during the Vidic-Rio years, that says a lot about how much we had been longing for that kind of cornerstone that can give us a chance at greatness again.

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
I look forward to the day teams come to Old Trafford just to roll over.
Feel like OT is becoming a fortress again as well. No home defeats since October and none in the league since opening day.
OT is their house and they will protect it at all cost. I'm pretty sure you all remember this scene from today's game. It gave me the chills. Look at the passion. You can't buy this. It's just in them and we're lucky that they're on our side.

Micky Targaryen

To think that we were targeting Jurrien Timber for quite a number of weeks and for him to reject us and we settled for Licha instead. Lovely turn of events.

Haven't been this excited about a United CB since Vidic.

Gause

People recently saying Martinez plays like prime Cannavaro. Cant agree more. Aggresive but clean.

TsuWave

Our only defeat at home aside from the opening day - was that fugazi penalty in the EL.

Ten Hag is restoring the feeling.

meamth

OT is their house and they will protect it at all cost. I'm pretty sure you all remember this scene from today's game. It gave me the chills. Look at the passion. You can't buy this. It's just in them and we're lucky that they're on our side.

This is the moment when I genuinely laughed at how ridiculous Varane's reaction was.

"Barca, I'm not having that shite" look on his face whilst everyone celebrating that save.

lsd

The Oracle
Makes a mockery of people thinking we needed a British bulldog core in our team to win things which led to making Maguire Captain and so on.

You really need winners to win things and Varane, Casemiro and Martinez are born winners who will never lose that desire

meamth

Makes a mockery of people thinking we needed a British bulldog core in our team to win things which led to making Maguire Captain and so on.

You really need winners to win things and Varane, Casemiro and Martinez are born winners who will never lose that desire
They are not wrong about having a bulldog in defense, but an Englishman isn't actually the fiercest bulldog isn't it.

We got an Argentine gangster butcher instead, what a signing.

Malone_Post

I can’t actually believe we’ve gone from Maguire & Lindelof to Varane & Martinez :lol:

It’s actually ridiculous when you really think about it.

Rolaholic

BFF's off the pitch also!?

Lovely. :devil:
They do have a bit in common being WC winners and their mindset so I wouldn't be shocked if they enjoyed each other's company off the pitch as well.

Varane also speaks very fluent Spanish so language wouldn't be an issue :lol:

(...)

Supports
Arsenal
Not only you have arguably the best CB pair in the league, you also have the best backup CB pair with Shaw-Lindelof/Maguire. Always thought Shaw would make a decent CB, glad ETH tried it.

Lost bear

This is the moment when I genuinely laughed at how ridiculous Varane's reaction was.

"Barca, I'm not having that shite" look on his face whilst everyone celebrating that save.
Yes, spot on. It was a joy to behold.

yfoFC

Not only you have arguably the best CB pair in the league, you also have the best backup CB pair with Shaw-Lindelof/Maguire. Always thought Shaw would make a decent CB, glad ETH tried it.
Glad to see an arsenal fan post this, especially with your CB pairing also being contenders.. cheers mate

Daydreamer

Supports
Arsenal
Glad to see an arsenal fan post this, especially with your CB pairing also being contenders.. cheers mate
Varane and Martinez are clearly top class. Shaw has put in some great performances this season to remind everyone why he was so highly rated as a teenager.

I’m not as convinced by Lindelof and Maguire - but with White at RB, our equivalent player is Holding - so I can’t claim that our depth at CB is any better.

City have an excellent depth at CB, but they seem to be adjusting to their new formation. United on the other hand have a settled system where you can swap Shaw in for Martinez seamlessly. It’s very impressive.