So is there anyone left supporting Moyes?

Crackers

greasy ginfers
He's our Hodgson, as others have said. Things aren't going to magically change between now and next Christmas, so why wait that long?

Nem 7

Moyes is so far out of his depth I feel sorry for the cnut.

Although not as sorry as I feel for those still supporting him. Based on his 11 year management career what makes you think he is the man to turn this around? Apart from Fergie telling you so?

Not good enough. Was never good enough. a risky appointment gone horribly wrong. Moyes out now.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Get this inept .... out of the club. Been saying it ever since it was obvious he had no clue what he was doing around December.

MG

I find it delusional that so many United fans have now in an effort to back the manager, convinced themselves that he took over a pile of shite in need of rebuilding. It's a phenomenal re-writing of so much history in such a short space of time.
I know, I see this everywhere. OK, we weren't great last season and the other teams are playing better now. But we weren't anywhere near bad enough last season - and the other teams aren't anywhere near good enough this season - to justify the position we currently find ourselves in now.

No need to re-write history to say Moyes took over a dodgy team that was just waiting to collapse. They weren't amazing, but they were still pretty damn good. Good enough to definitely finish top 4 or 3. This is a team that had won the league 5 times in the last 7 years for christ's sake! Moyes is largely to blame for our collapse. Not completely, but largely.

ell

I think the fact that you felt compelled to make this thread says it all to be honest...

Slevs

likes to play with penises
How you can blame Moyes on 3 penalties given, and 2 penalties that we should have been given I don't know. I support him, but I'm not sure if the players do. And if they don't, then he should go.
Come on Jake, how many shots did we have? Rooney's shot that was saved, even count RvP's two offside shots and you'd still have trouble finding the rest. He's out of his depth, zero attacking play with Rooney Rvp Mata Januzaj AT HOME, unacceptable, just get him out of the club as soon as possible. Saying but there was this case here and there doesn't wash when we're fecking 7th in the league and been sitting there since November/December.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
*Raises hand*

I could write a long post on how a loss (with two brainfart penalties!) against a team on form, fresh and highly motivated like Liverpool was not beyond impossible but I'll save my energies for moping around being miserable today.
Well, it's also not beyond impossible to lose to any team in the league, if that's your criteria. We even lost to below Championship team under Fergie.

KeninDC

Rest in Peace
Fellani and Mata both started. Can't wait to see what happens when we have a whole team of players purchased by Moyes. I mean that's the problem-right? Once he brings in his own players the team will be unstoppable.

Chabon

Full credit to him for doing what Sir Alex refused to do when we were 3-0 down against City, genuinely the first time this season I've been delighted with a decision he's made.

FujiVice

I dont care what anyone says this isn't a shit Man United side. There's a problem, but it isn't with the talent. Mata, Van Persie and Rooney are three of the best and highest paid players in Europe. Add De Gea to that, and you have more than enough of a base to set up a team capable of challenging for the top 4 (let alone challenging for the title). But we didn't challenge for top 4. We were pretty much out of the race when we lost to Spurs after New Year. What a horrible campaign we've had. And Moyes deserves most of the blame for it. A great manager gets the best out of mediocre players and thrives with the world class ones. He cant even get the best out of our World class players.

NoLogo

He shouldn't get another summer that's clear by now. Try and get into talks with Simeone as soon as possible and throw as much money at him as need be and then fire Moyes as soon as the season is over and let Simeone take over.

Edit: wrong thread.

bishblaize

Well, it'll probably only increase the split. Those people who believe that the players are to blame will see it as more evidence of that. Those that believe Moyes is to blame will do the same.

bishblaize

Full credit to him for doing what Sir Alex refused to do when we were 3-0 down against City, genuinely the first time this season I've been delighted with a decision he's made.
Do you mean shut up shop?

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Still think he needs the summer, it's really not fair to judge him when he hasn't been given a proper crack at sorting our midfield out and shipping out some of the deadwood. Guardiola or Mourinho would've struggled with the midfield Fergie left us with.
He has spent 65m this season.

bishblaize

You could have said it about Rodgers as well a year and a half ago. Sometimes you just need to be given the chance. Moyes was, of course, and we know how that's looking. The one thing the likes of Martinez have is the right style of football.
The difference is that Liverpool were showing signs a year ago. They were very patchy back then, but you could see what Liverpool were trying to do. They were developing a flexible way of playing based on possession in the middle of the park and based on the interplay of Suarez, Sturridge, Sterling and/or Couthino up front. It didn't always work, but you could see the blueprint.

I challenge anyone to tell me what David Moyes vision for Man United is.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I just wish I knew what his tactics/style/intentions are... then I'd be better placed to criticise them

KeninDC

Rest in Peace
He picked the team everyone wanted today so maybe for once the players should be the ones who take some criticism. Fwiw I would have played Welbeck over RVP but Moyes would have been crucified for it.

Liverpool were better for sure, but we still handed them the game with some individual errors from a couple of young defenders. Not much Moyes could do about that. Liverpool are a bloody good team as well, our team last season would have struggled with them in this form.

Still think he needs the summer, it's really not fair to judge him when he hasn't been given a proper crack at sorting our midfield out and shipping out some of the deadwood. Guardiola or Mourinho would've struggled with the midfield Fergie left us with.
Mata and Fellani both played. Aren't they MFs purchased by Moyes?

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Well, it'll probably only increase the split. Those people who believe that the players are to blame will see it as more evidence of that. Those that believe Moyes is to blame will do the same.
I think there are plenty of people that were on the fence like myself who've gone into the out camp today.

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
When you say give him X amount of time no single result changes that. You give him that time. You don't say in advance give him X amount of time because you're feeling particularly good that day and then revisit it every single week because you're pissed off.

'Let's give him time'
'Ok we lost, he's got to go'
'Ok let's give him time'
'Ok I can accept I was being a bit kneejerk maybe, let's give him time'
'Yay we won, hopefully we can go on to do better'
'Ok we lost, I know I said give him a bit of time, but every time we lose I have to say he has to go so, he has to go.'

Are we going to give managers a set amount of time? Or are we going to periodically revisit it whenever we feel like it because we happened to lose that day.

I can remember everybody saying give him to summer and see if he can fix his mistakes. He cannot fix them between now and then, so no matter how many matches we lose, then he has to get to that point where he can begin to fix the mistakes he made last summer. It doesn't matter if we lose next week, it doesn't matter if we lose the week after. Nothing between now and the summer matters when we can actually see if any lessons were learnt. The season was a write off long ago.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
When you say give him X amount of time no single result changes that. You give him that time. You don't say in advance give him X amount of time because you're feeling particularly good that day and then revisit it every single week because you're pissed off.

'Let's give him time'
'Ok let's give him time'
'Ok we lost, I know I said give him a bit of time, but every time we lose I have to say he has to go so, he has to go.'

Are we going to give managers a set amount of time? Or are we going to periodically revisit it whenever we feel like it because we happened to lose that day.

I can remember everybody saying give him to summer and see if he can fix his mistakes. He cannot fix them between now and then, so no matter how many matches we lose, then he has to get to that point where he can begin to fix the mistakes he made last summer.
I was in this camp but he has shown no improvement. Our squad has deficiencies it's true, and we lack confidence, but a performance like that should never happen

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
He's not turning this around, it's painfully obvious. A nice man, and a hard working one, but he's just not up to it. The jig is up, David. Do the right thing and step down.

An Irish Red

I can remember everybody saying give him to summer and see if he can fix his mistakes.
I've never said that, I've wanted him gone for months. I'd rather put my arm in a crocodiles jaw than give him another season, and I'm quite fond of my arm.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Well, it's also not beyond impossible to lose to any team in the league, if that's your criteria. We even lost to below Championship team under Fergie.
My point is, losing today was very likely, especially after Rafael had his annual brain fart and gave away that penalty. That win against Arsenal earlier this season seems so long ago, but I'd wager that we'd have lost that game had we conceded first, with the way things have been going this season.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Rodgers on Moyes' claim MUFC were not favourites. 'I would never say that at Liverpool [at Anfield] even if I was bottom of the league'

Just shows you the difference between a winner and a loser.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout

'Let's give him time'
'Ok let's give him time'

I can remember everybody saying give him to summer and see if he can fix his mistakes. He cannot fix them between now and then, so no matter how many matches we lose, then he has to get to that point where he can begin to fix the mistakes he made last summer. It doesn't matter if we lose next week, it doesn't matter if we lose the week after. Nothing between now and the summer matters when we can actually see if any lessons were learnt. The season was a write off long ago.
Yeah the season is a loss. But the issue is that he has not tried to do anything with it. If he was not getting the results, he could have at least try to change the way we play or try out a few things. But it just seems that he puts on a team out hoping to get a win every match.

Magnus

Another mad swede
I support Moyes. I will still give him to the end of 2016. If things are bad then I might consider calling for him to be sacked just as I considered it to sack Fergie in 89 when we went out to Notts Forest in the cup. The backbone is either gone or past it. Ferdinand, Vidic, Carrick, Scholes, Giggs, Evra, and even RVP is playing like a muppet this season. Fellaini is the only thing I hold against Moyes but that was panicking buy to do something in the summer window I think. Mata has come in and he will have all summer to adress things. It will take some doin because I think all above mentioned players plus Valencia, Young, Smalling and maybe some others shouldn´t be anywhere near our first 11. Maybe harsh on Smalling but he has gone from the new Baresi to a new Mal Donkey in my opinion. Unlike most I still have faith in Cleverley though.

Get In Scholesy

I just really want to what his vision is? Every day I think about it, every game I find myself dissecting the game to see if there is any particular pattern to our play. But its just stand still, pass look around, play a ball backwards or if your really daring - a square ball to your teammate standing 3-4 feet away.

I just don't understand it guys :(

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
My point is, losing today was very likely, especially after Rafael had his annual brain fart and gave away that penalty. That win against Arsenal earlier this season seems so long ago, but I'd wager that we'd have lost that game had we conceded first, with the way things have been going this season.
Agreed that losing is part and parcel of the game. But it's the way we're losing that should be judged.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Rodgers on Moyes' claim MUFC were not favourites. 'I would never say that at Liverpool [at Anfield] even if I was bottom of the league'

Just shows you the difference between a winner and a loser.
We'll see how the cnuts do next season with extra games.

Agreed that losing is part and parcel of the game. But it's the way we're losing that should be judged.
I am no expert but some of our players don't look up for the task of pulling ourselves out of this. I'm not expecting Moyes, being new to the job, and not having had time to build up any proper relationship with most of them, to be able to lift them up mentally. People can point out that "the new manager syndrome" happens but it happens to struggling teams, not a side who lost the greatest manager the club has ever had.

This is why I want to at least see Moyes have a couple of seasons to have his own team here.

I am not saying he is blameless in all this. He should have got RVP off, major player or not, and change things at halftime. Maybe he just errs on the side of caution too much. Hence, some of his decisions, like signing Rooney on to a new contract, and refusing to sub out the bigger players when they're having stinkers. That being said, he has been decisive in marginalising Kagawa. :mad:

Last edited: