So we have Bayern

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Thanks.

Obviously I want us to win, I'm saying if we lose, I'd rather we get spunked so that useless fella in charge of us is gone out the door quicker.
Moyes won't be judged on the Bayern game sadly. I reckon that tie will be a free pass for him.

He's here for a while.

Skills

Snitch
I suppose everything but our midfield on paper should be able to give Bayern a hard time. A better manager would make this a contest, but with Moyes, I suspect it'll be a massacre. The only positive I can take is that no one expects us to go through, so there's no pressure on the team. We can also take comfort in the fact that this Bayern team beat Barcelona 7-0. So we can say we're better than Barcelona if we lose 6-0 :devil:
That was over 2 legs. They might just repeat that over one leg against us :nervous:

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
We will win 2-0 home and draw 1-1 away. They are a decent team after all, so it can't be easy.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
We're obviously out but I'd like us to put up a fight and not get embarrassed like we have done multiple times this season so far. They are a superior team to us but RvP and Rooney can and should cause them problems.... Having Buttner against Robben isn't that a big deal - he'll get raped just as much as Evra would.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Stop being a dick, we get that you don't agree with Cina, fine, put him on ignore if needs be, but shut the feck up about it.
I hate RAWKites. It's a problem I agree. I go too far.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
We're 33/1 to win the CL on Bet365. feck it, I'm gonna put a tenner on.
Weren't we 20-1 this morning? Never understand the way odds work. If we didn't draw Bayern this round, we'd have to beat either them - or the team that beat them - at some point regardless. Why should drawing them sooner, rather than later, cause a big bump in our odds?

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
Since the first leg is on the 1st of April, maybe Bayern will let us win as an April fool's joke?

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Weren't we 20-1 this morning? Never understand the way odds work. If we didn't draw Bayern this round, we'd have to beat either them - or the team that beat them - at some point regardless. Why should drawing them sooner, rather than later, cause a big bump in our odds?
feck knows, probably a reaction to betting trends more than anything.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Judging from Wednesday night we should just give the ball to Fellaini and tell him to stand in the corner for 180 minutes.

I may have robbed that from twitter

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The Mail says Moyes will "Pit his wits" against former Barcelona boss Pep Guardiola.

I had to laugh. Wits?

Pogue Mahone

feck knows, probably a reaction to betting trends more than anything.
I guess they're always inherently irrational, seeing as it's the punters that drive them.

Great odds but can't see the point of a wager. In the incredibly unlikely event we win the damn thing, I'll be so happy that winning a few quid will be neither here nor there. If/when we go out on our ear the knowledge that I'm out of pocket too will be an uwanted kick in the balls. Betting is bad m'kay?

Brophs

The One and Only
Judging from Wednesday night we should just give the ball to Fellaini and tell him to stand in the corner for 180 minutes.

I may have robbed that from twitter
Judging by his career here so far we should just forget about the ball and do the second part.

Ixion

Stop them from scoring in the first leg, maybe nick a 1-0 and I think we'd be in with a chance. Our defending has been so bad its difficult to see them not scoring though. Who knows though, Cup football is a lottery.

Pogue Mahone

The Mail says Moyes will "Pit his wits" against former Barcelona boss Pep Guardiola.

I had to laugh. Wits?
The idea that Moyes hasn't a clue about tactics is getting on my tits tbh.

It's like the Fergie-bashing all over again. They both clearly know a thing or two about tactics. You don't get where they got in football without being very tactically astute.

Where they differ is that Fergie knew how to motivate this squad which Moyes, so far, doesn't seem to have a rashers how to do.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I guess they're always inherently irrational, seeing as it's the punters that drive them.

Great odds but can't see the point of a wager. In the incredibly unlikely event we win the damn thing, I'll be so happy that winning a few quid will be neither here nor there. If/when we go out on our ear the knowledge that I'm out of pocket too will be an uwanted kick in the balls. Betting is bad m'kay?
Stop talking with rationale and sense, we're talking about gambling, that kind of stuff has no place here.

Comsmit

Moyes won't be judged on the Bayern game sadly. I reckon that tie will be a free pass for him.

He's here for a while.
Aye....the great and triumphant victory over Olympiacos has probably convinced the board he is the real deal.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
What are the dates of the legs? I may have to check flights to Munich asap.

Goooose

We wont last 20 minutes if we park the bus. We need to completely disregard defending and and go all out attack, it's our only option.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke

It's like the Fergie-bashing all over again. They both clearly know a thing or two about tactics. You don't get where they got in football without being very tactically astute.

Where they differ is that Fergie knew how to motivate this squad which Moyes, so far, doesn't seem to have a rashers how to do.
He may know about tactics but so far his answer to every challenge has been to play his 4-4-1-1/4-2-3-1.

He has changed approaches based on the opposition or changed a formation during a match to turn a game decisively in our favor. His usual response to us being behind is to chuck as many forwards on as possible.

Its a valid criticism IMO.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Well if it's getting on YOUR tits, we'd better all stop.

Cmon, it's equally his tactical nous as it is his apparent inability to motivate his team.

Frankly, I suspect the players motivated themselves for Wednesday's match - a win and a last truly big European tie for the foreseeable future.

The tactics were again, not apparently very good. Only Olympiakos' terrible finishing and De Gea's great goalkeeping saw us through the tie against the Greek giants.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
We wont last 20 minutes if we park the bus. We need to completely disregard defending and and go all out attack, it's our only option.
I agree but at the same time I've yet to see Moyes be that adventurous against opposition that can and will take the game to us. He'll play the safe card and stay on the defensive, while trying to get a break on the counter.