So...what could Van Troll's Surprise be!? | LVG: "not a striker - it's something else"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Van Gaal said:

"We have Rooney, he can play in strikers’ position, and all media had written he should play there so I listen and now you put this question so don’t know what you want. Also Chicharito and maybe Wilson and maybe there comes a surprise. It’s a process. I’m not worried about that position."

Now, I am assuming that this is not Pedro as (i) he is not really a striker and (ii) Woody has briefed the press on him so not a surprise.

I have had this feeling for a while that we might be working on something big (fueled by a rumour to this end that I heard although I don't know who the player is).

How exciting! Who could it be!? :D

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Lacazette wouldn't be a surprise though RD. Maybe a Munich forward after what they said? Who knows. Get the feeling LVG may look to loan Wilson and perhaps Adnan out for half a season or the whole of next season.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Lacazette wouldn't be a surprise though RD. Maybe a Munich forward after what they said? Who knows.
Kane has been linked heavily. So too has been Cavani. Maybe even Benzema. Lacazette us caftards have wanted but we haven't been strongly linked to him this summer.

Striker10

Kane would be cool. I wonder how Cavanis doing since bumgate. Benzema would be a shock too for sure.

AKDevil

Got a sneaky suspicion something big is coming too. I'm thinking it will be near the unveiling of the new kit. The other hint he has given is about wanting players who the club believe can cope with the PL...

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Robert Lewandowski.

Jev

By surprise I think he just means a signing. Don't think he necessarily means a muppet signing.

Cavani looks likely but I hope we go for someone younger.

mikey_d

But, again, not a surprise since he mentioned that a few days ago!
But here he is talking about his striking options. So either he has decided in 2 days that depay won't be playing as a striker or more than likely his surprise is depay will see some game time up front.
Most journalists and fans are still expecting to see depay play on the wing so it would still be a surprise to most of first game of the season he started up front.

Striker10

I don't think he meant Memphis. His English isn't the best but LVG talks about wanting 20+ goals from a striker and Depay hasn't shown that in the premiership. He can do a job in certain games but I think today would have been easier for him with more space.

Status
Not open for further replies.