So...what could Van Troll's Surprise be!? | LVG: "not a striker - it's something else"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam

Fellaini will be effective as the #9/10, certainly more effective then Rooney has been so far, but it sure as hell wont be pretty to watch.

Any hopes of watching great, attacking football on the ground (ala City/Arsenal) seems to be fading away already. *Sigh*

Zoo

Fellaini is just an option there and more likely to see gametime in those positions then in midfield where we finally have depth.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Does anyone think our targets are waiting to see if we make it into the CL tomorrow night before finalising?
i think we've shut down for this window now. Still so many issues need addressing but we've left it too late for major deal now imo

Rake

While Fellaini is great at what he does, what he does is sole image of how we should not be playing. It is effective against some teams but we should be aiming at fast attacking play with drilled crosses, attacks through middle as wells as the wings and the ball should be on the ground.

Using Fellaini and the long balls scenario should not even be plan B but plan C if all else fails.

I hope we sign a fast attacking player that benefits from tempo play and can create for himself also.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
The best thing that can happen for the club is for Rooney to get a major injury tomorrow before the window closes
I just want you to know, as you didn't get the hint before, that I'm a bit bored by your one dimensional whining about Rooney. Insulting his weight etc. is childish but wishing an injury on him puts you very close to the door.

buckooo1978

While Fellaini is great at what he does, what he does is sole image of how we should not be playing. It is effective against some teams but we should be aiming at fast attacking play with drilled crosses, attacks through middle as wells as the wings and the ball should be on the ground.

Using Fellaini and the long balls scenario should not even be plan B but plan C if all else fails.

I hope we sign a fast attacking player that benefits from tempo play and can create for himself also.
I agree but under Van Gaal it's been our most effective way of playing..... stick him in that number 10 role against Newcastle last weekend and I think it would have been more productive than Januzaj there

I think Fellaini will get plenty of football until Van Gaal manages to create a more incisive attacking team

Theonas

Scout
i think we've shut down for this window now. Still so many issues need addressing but we've left it too late for major deal now imo
This squad has one major issue and that is having a game changer à la Hazard, Agüero, Bale and so on. Defensively and in the middle it's more than fine as it does not only concede very few goals but very few chances as well and that's taking into account the second half of last year as well. Creatively though it is a concern and it can be only be solved through Memphis stepping up (highly, highly unlikely) or buying a player of the aforementioned category. If none of that category is available, I really don't see a reason to add another good attacking player for the sake of it when we have plenty as is numbers wise.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
So it looks like our mystery striker that wasn't a striker is actually Fellaini.

wiz4231

I do feel Fellaini has something to offer us as a #9 but not at #10, we need players who are creative and can help control the game from the #10 position. That also means I wouldnt play Rooney as a #10. On this seasons form Rooney should be dropped for a few games and we should try Hernandez/Fellaini upfront for a few games, both offer something different, if we can't score by get behind the defensive line then we can try by using physical presence, Rooney offers neither. It's a good mix of ability. Get Young and Depay on the wings, Mata/Januzaj #10.

Sereques

No,City had no problem throwi

No.
City had no problem signing quality players when they werent even in the CL.
You mind telling me the quality players they attract before champions league? The only one I know was Robinho who thought he was joining United.

Smores

I'm not 100% sure but I'm pretty sure we're now Everton. Both slagged off Moyes to replace him with a philosophical manager and ended up relying on a big man up front

Dion

You mind telling me the quality players they attract before champions league? The only one I know was Robinho who thought he was joining United.
Tevez, Toure, David Silva, Edin Dzeko

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Fellaini as Manchester United's number 9. Jesus Christ, how low can we go
Well its seems that Brian Kidd will finally get his wish of seeing a John Hartson type of striker at United after all.

fatboy

To be fair, he'll probably trouble the opposing defenders a lot more than Rooney has so far. But seriously it should not have come to this.

I'll still stick to my point that we should not have sold RvP in the first place. It was not necessary.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
To be fair, he'll probably trouble the opposing defenders a lot more than Rooney has so far. But seriously it should not have come to this.

I'll still stick to my point that we should not have sold RvP in the first place. It was not necessary.
Certainly not without a replacement all sorted out beforehand - that for me is the crazy part.

If we had somebody lined up say Higauin or Lacazette or Kane well anybody you could understand the decision but we have let RVP go and for say 10 weeks extra wages (£2m) caused a massive risk that we dont get another striker sorted in time - and certainly I bet that if we do get one the selling club has added more than a couple of million extra due to the lateness of any deal.

Dion

Toure Yaya, Silva, Dzeko joined after they got champions league. Tevez is an idiot.
No they didn't. City signed them before the 10-11 season, their first season in the Champions League was 2011-2012.

And it's a bit rich to call someone an idiot when you failed to even check a wikipedia page before you marched in here with your trousers down spouting nonsense.

Always amazes me people will say things with such certainty without even checking facts. You were so cocksure about it I even doubted myself for a second before I checked and had my lack of faith in humanity reaffirmed.

crossy1686

career ending
How good is this Martial? He's decent on football manager but paying this much for a player who's only playing 'well' in the French league seems desperate to me. I certainly hope I live to regret that statement.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
We're gonna sell all our strikers, SURPRISE!!!
I think we are looking to get Wilson and Hernadez out on loan. IF this happens, we'd have got rid of all our strikers, except for Rooney.
Rooney can't score in the EPL, so by getting rid of his competition, we'll have to play this guy no matter what.
Rooney apparently advises LVG on team selections. I wonder if he is also advising him on player sales/purchases. :D

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
I think we are looking to get Wilson and Hernadez out on loan. IF this happens, we'd have got rid of all our strikers, except for Rooney.
Rooney can't score in the EPL, so by getting rid of his competition, we'll have to play this guy no matter what.
Rooney apparently advises LVG on team selections. I wonder if he is also advising him on player sales/purchases. :D
What?

Crackers

greasy ginfers
Do ye want to know what the surprise is?

He's attempting to turn this forum insane. Rawk levels of insane to be precise.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

I'm still a big fan of LVG and continue to support him but this made me laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.