Sofyan Amrabat | signs for United on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

pauldyson1uk

I’m not a fan of this move, but a loan with an option seems like an ok solution for all. Will give him a chance to make me eat my words and genuinely hope he does so.

If he ends up as underwhelming as I think he’ll prove, at least we can send him back next year.
I have not seen much of him , but what I have has been decent enough, I think he could be just what we need right now.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I think he will take the step up. He has shown in Europe and international tournaments that he has a great engine, an eye for a pass and can carry the ball forward with confidence.

Playing beside Casemiro and Bruno, I can imagine him taking the step up with ease. He has all the tools to be successful in the PL and I honestly think this will look like a ridiculous bargain come seasons end.

pauldyson1uk

The deal is for a loan with a fee of £8.5m (€10m) and an option to buy worth £21.4m (€25m) which breaks down as an intial payment of £17.1m (€20m) plus £4.2m (€5m) in performance-related add-ons.

Infra-red

The negativity is just unbelievable. Even worse than Sporting forum and we are pretty negative. I mantain that I think this is a very good signing and will be here to see it unfold. The match day threads will be unbearable if he slow starts though.
Sounds like he hasn't really had much of a preseason, so we probably won't see him for a bit while he gets up to speed. I'd guess they'll maybe have earmarked the Palace League Cup game on 26 September for a first start.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I hope this is not a permanent deal. He's a fairly average player who had an outstanding world cup, he's not even in the top 10 midfielders in Italy. There's a reason all the top 6 teams , the UK, Spain and even in Italy are not after him despite having a low fee. Liverpool, who had a huge hole at no 6, passed over him and so did Bayern. He is not going to take us closer to the top teams and will essentially be a squad filler. I'd rather it just be a loan fee and we focus next summer on getting a press resistant, dribbling, athletic midfielder,
Tell me 10 better central midfielders than him please. ( from Italy )

Unam333

Happy we get another body in for a midfield position, but I don't know anything about the player to be honest. Opinions on the Caf are divided. Some people here call him a ball carrier and a good passer, other people think he's press resistent and an aggressive tackler.

I was quite happy that we signed Weghorst last season and I really thought he would massively contribute to the team. Boy, was I wrong. So, let's see how this signing will pan out.

DavelinaJolie

Is it true he has 1 year left on his contract with an option? If so I guess they want a high loan fee to cover the potential an option doesn't get picked up?

Matt007a

I think for the price he'll be a decent signing. We need some steel in the midfield and he certainly brings that along with good ball carrying and passing ability. I'd expect both him and Casemiro to play together against top teams away from home.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
That’s a deliberately provocative take.
For the available budget it's a pretty decent signing. I suppose people still don't understand that United can't afford the most glamorous names.

IhabX7

Most important signing of the summer for me. Will be a fan favourite.

OverratedOpinion

It is Seria A tbf
Smalling was doing decent there, having an impressive record in Italy means feck all
It's a top 5 league.

If you are one of these who basically thinks that anything that happens outside of the Premier League is meaningless then cool but it just makes it a waste of time to talk to you about most signings. He is the type of midfielder we need and has done it at the world cup and Serie A. We will find out either way.

CloneMC16

I hope he's great. Statistically, he looks good. I'm still slightly concerned that other top teams didn't seem to be looking at him and he's relatively cheap.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Come on now, what's the purpose of a post like this.
I just find it a bit cringeworthy how we come up with stuff like that. It's clearly lacking a lot of context or he wouldn't have played for C level clubs his whole career and we wouldn't be picking him up relatively unopposed. Expectations for this signing have got way out of hand in my opinion.

Infra-red

Makes you wonder why Real didn't save a load of money and sign him instead of Bellingham if he's that good.
Bellingham can do all of that, with even better ball carrying skills, while also being a major threat in the final third, at the age of 20. That's why he'll probably be the best midfielder in the world within two or three years. A slightly unfair comparison!

bringbackbebe

I can't wait until Sky start streaming transfer negotiations like real games.
Ours will be like: "I give you Maguire, you give us 50m. OK? Hello? You there? Hello? Hellooo? Who're those people with guns that just shot our security and entering our building? Why is my room suddenly on fire?? Why am I hearing bullet noises?"

Real Name

I just find it a bit cringeworthy how we come up with stuff like that. It's clearly lacking a lot of context or he wouldn't have played for C level clubs his whole career and we wouldn't be picking him up relatively unopposed. Expectations for this signing have got way out of hand in my opinion.
Basing on who or what?
Its just s tweet, strange to be so worked up about it.

TheReligion

Abusive
Makes you wonder why Real didn't save a load of money and sign him instead of Bellingham if he's that good.
Not really.

Good players can go under the radar.

Palhinha went to Fulham and now Bayern
Nunes Wolves now City

Bit short sighted to judge all players the way you suggest

Lee565

It is Seria A tbf
Smalling was doing decent there, having an impressive record in Italy means feck all
Tbf Bundesliga is as deceiving and smalling was never a bad defender it was just snobbery from ole and southgate because they both pretended to be forward thinking managers but smalling was as good if not better than both lindelof and Maguire defensively but was not seen as good with ball at his feet

Status
Not open for further replies.