Solskjær press conference vs Southampton (A)

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Greenwood needs to "feel the pressure"

He's 17 and wasn't even playing reserve football until towards the end of last season.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
His comments on Mason are a little concerning! Surely at his age playing time is essential. Don’t know why he isn’t starting games for the U23’s rather than being given 10 minutes now and then
He'll learn nothing from bullying kids at U23 level. He'll be getting more than the odd 10 minutes as the season progresses.

Alemar

He'll learn nothing from bullying kids at U23 level. He'll be getting more than the odd 10 minutes as the season progresses.
He just needs to start as a #9 instead of injured Martial. We will be able to see how he performs for entire 90 minutes - it is quite likely that he manages to score.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Just a little!

One week - looking good, he'll be included more and more going forward

This week - yeah he needed to go!
That's how it should be isn't it, as long as the player is in the squad, it's no use to feed the press about transfers.

Rooney24

Just a little!

The debate can run and run whether Sanchez should have went or not. But Oles comments around it I think are very concerning. Makes me wonder if he even knows what his plan is.....

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Won’t we just go with Rashford up top and pack the midfield with our goal scoring threat from there? :nervous:
I doubt it, but feck me I hope not.
If so, let him benefit from someone not named Lingard assisting him as a CAM.
Maybe, Ole seems like he might give him a bit of faith. Not sure he should, but ole’s fault if he stinks the place up again.

Jerome Holland

I agree what he says they need to feel the pressure but too much emphasis is being put on Greenwood. He says we have loads of options. You having a laugh mate

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
We are massively weakened without Martial & Shaw.

We know that Young can come in and do a job, of sorts, but I remain to be convinced in any way about Greenwood. I know he is supposed to be a real prospect and I am yet to see what all the fuss is about yet.

Perreira will be the one to start. Maybe Mata.

OneUnited24

The debate can run and run whether Sanchez should have went or not. But Oles comments around it I think are very concerning. Makes me wonder if he even knows what his plan is.....
In what world are they concerning. We were trying to get rid of a player. If Ole starts bleeding on about how we need to get rid of him last week I would bet Inter would have stood firm on who pays the bulk share of Sanchez wages

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
It's worrying for you that your back up option for Striker is your starting winger. If both of them are out it's going to look bad. Remember the period last year when 3 or 4 of your starters were injured at the same time and he tried to rush back Lingard?

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He just needs to start as a #9 instead of injured Martial. We will be able to see how he performs for entire 90 minutes - it is quite likely that he manages to score.
Would be very interesting how he would fair up against someone like Vestergaard and Stephens, who will use their physicality to try and unsettle him.

RK

Greenwood needs to "feel the pressure"

He's 17 and wasn't even playing reserve football until towards the end of last season.
I took it to mean that our youngsters are ready to take on the responsibility and feel the pressure of first team football, and having some expectations placed upon them.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Another weak press conference. Conflicting messages, putting crazy amount of pressure on a 17 year old, and ruling out signing a 38 year old who bangs in goals for fun. And having the audacity to turn up for the presser in a Range Rover and wearing sunglasses after that disgraceful loss vs Palace. Who does he think he is?

ArjenIsM3

Another weak press conference. Conflicting messages, putting crazy amount of pressure on a 17 year old, and ruling out signing a 38 year old who bangs in goals for fun. And having the audacity to turn up for the presser in a Range Rover and wearing sunglasses after that disgraceful loss vs Palace. Who does he think he is?
:lol:

arthurka

Yes I hate how he just struts around the place like he owns it.

Ban

I can't tell if you're joking cause if you're not I worry about you.

Zoo

He definitely should have opted for the Volvo today.

Dozer

Ole's wife, on seeing him leave the house the day after the Palace game: "Where are you off to?"
Ole: "Just heading down to the Toyota dealership to pick up a '91 Corolla for my next press conference"

Alemar

What is wrong with a Range Rover? He must drive an English car - perhaps he would have opted for a Mercedes or a BMW otherwise

overtheborder

For all the talk about Smalling leaving, in terms of it being a potential mistake, Ole seems to know what his plan is in terms of a pecking order. His answer to the first question seemed to be pretty concise and sensible, and even taking into account media training he seemed pretty relaxed about it.

Withnail

We know that Young can come in and do a job, of sorts, but I remain to be convinced in any way about Greenwood. I know he is supposed to be a real prospect and I am yet to see what all the fuss is about yet.

Martial is a big loss but I'm really not convinced Shaw really adds much in defense or attack, sadly.

There wasn't a noticeable weakening of the team when he went off against Palace, was there?

Raw

Martial is a big loss but I'm really not convinced Shaw really adds much in defense or attack, sadly.

There wasn't a noticeable weakening of the team when he went off against Palace, was there?
Young actually offered more in attack when he came on.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I suppose while a player is with us, it makes sense to say the right things.

If we'd said "yeah he's pure drivel, and we want him out asap", that'd do nothing but kill morale, and make shifting him even tougher.

Rockets Redglare

Just a little!

Well what do you expect him to do? If we’d kept Sanchez and Ole had slated him and said he needed to go then where does he go from there?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Well what do you expect him to do? If we’d kept Sanchez and Ole had slated him and said he needed to go then where does he go from there?
We all get that it just makes Ole look a little foolish after the event not to mention you can stay positive about a player without saying he'll play more than you think only for the next week to say he needed to go

Random Task

WW Lynchpin

Greenwood has barely featured beyond a few late-game sub appearances, to be fair.

He's bound to start tomorrow with Martial unavailable.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
We all get that it just makes Ole look a little foolish after the event not to mention you can stay positive about a player without saying he'll play more than you think only for the next week to say he needed to go
Maybe Ole said he will play more than you think at Inter ;)

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I suppose while a player is with us, it makes sense to say the right things.

If we'd said "yeah he's pure drivel, and we want him out asap", that'd do nothing but kill morale, and make shifting him even tougher.
He’s smarter at dealing with personalities than Mourinho.
Yeah, I prefer the diplomatic approach. Also, if he publicly hangs players out to dry, others would question his trustworthiness and loyalty.

Red00012

I’d pay a reporter to ask this.

“Obviously you’ve aware of Jesse Lingards stats , are you concerned about the fact he hasn’t had a goal or assist in almost 10 months ?”